What's new

Chinese PLA introduces detachable army barracks

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Chinese PLA introduces detachable army barracks​

BEIJING, April 11 -- Recently, a new type of detachable barracks has been put into use in a combined-arms brigade under the PLA 73rd Group Army. This kind of detachable barracks are applicable for multiple military tasks such as garrison duty handover, cross-regional maneuvering and long-term stationed training.

The barracks adopt steel-frame modular construction system, and are assembled with container modules and aisle modules. Such design makes the construction very convenient, and four people can complete the installation of one container module within 30 minutes. In addition, the container modules can be flexibly combined horizontally and vertically to build rooms with different sizes and multi-story buildings as needed. The detachable container modules can be reused for many times, which will greatly reduce the construction cost.

The equipment warehouse for combat readiness and the weapons depot are all on the first floor of the detachable barracks, the aisles on each floor are commodious, which enable the troops to muster quickly, so as to improve the efficiency of combat readiness.

The barracks are fully equipped with water and electricity supply facilities, including separate showers, multiple washstands and toilets. The spacious and bright kitchen and dormitory provide good living conditions for soldiers.

Chinese PLA introduces detachable army barracks​

BEIJING, April 11 -- Recently, a new type of detachable barracks has been put into use in a combined-arms brigade under the PLA 73rd Group Army. This kind of detachable barracks are applicable for multiple military tasks such as garrison duty handover, cross-regional maneuvering and long-term stationed training.

The barracks adopt steel-frame modular construction system, and are assembled with container modules and aisle modules. Such design makes the construction very convenient, and four people can complete the installation of one container module within 30 minutes. In addition, the container modules can be flexibly combined horizontally and vertically to build rooms with different sizes and multi-story buildings as needed. The detachable container modules can be reused for many times, which will greatly reduce the construction cost.

The equipment warehouse for combat readiness and the weapons depot are all on the first floor of the detachable barracks, the aisles on each floor are commodious, which enable the troops to muster quickly, so as to improve the efficiency of combat readiness.

The barracks are fully equipped with water and electricity supply facilities, including separate showers, multiple washstands and toilets. The spacious and bright kitchen and dormitory provide good living conditions for soldiers.

For an army of the move, lol.

This is the future of housing, tbh, container fab houses.

This is the future of housing, tbh, container fab houses.

This is what I was thinking as well, the applications of this could be vast. Think about hospitals in remote areas etc?

This is what I was thinking as well, the applications of this could be vast. Think about hospitals in remote areas etc?
China already used this container fab to build the container hospital back in 2020.
Honestly, just give me one and strap solar panels on top of it.

Last month I was running a fever, I went to a nearby hospital only found out they built a new makeshift container module complex outside the hospital for fever patients, now in Beijing all hospitals use this module container thing for fever patients, they are usually next to the hospitals but separated by fences or walls, fever patients now are not allowed to enter main hospital compounds.

I ran some tests and got an chest X-ray and an IV in the container module hospital, actually I like it more than the conventional hospitals, it's super clean inside, spotless, super high tech , everything is digital, even the bathroom looks like a high tech spaceship chamber and you vital signs are being closely monitored by all those equipments and devices.

The only annoyence is the ventilation working at full throttle and they are everywhere, the humming sound of the machines is kind of loud, it'll take a while to get used to.

I can notice the complex are made by conjoining many different modules, X-ray, IV, pharmacy, surgery...

I found some pics, pretty similar to the one I visited last month, the first photo is almost 100% identical, must be from the same factory, two storeys, the second floor is for in-patients. connected with stairs inside.

调整大小 微信图片_20221018183106.png
调整大小 微信图片_20221018191522.png
调整大小 微信图片_20221018183412.png
调整大小 微信图片_20221018191312.png

20221009093206326.jpg
20221009093901391.jpg
调整大小 微信图片_20221018183455.png
202210090936313631.jpg
20221009093203323.jpg
20221009093204324.jpg
202210090926502650.jpg
202210090936293629.jpg
202210090936323632.jpg

202210090938323832.jpg
202210090938343834.jpg
调整大小 微信图片_20221018191620.png
微信图片_20221018184051.png

微信图片_20221018195536.png

Last edited:
China already used this container fab to build the container hospital back in 2020.
Honestly, just give me one and strap solar panels on top of it.
Super cheap, tons of factories make them in China, you can buy several with a month salary,

微信图片_20221018203908.png

Without foundation, it is difficult to resist earthquake. I think this kind of barracks should be limited to two floors at most.

can't you guys make the exteriors a little elegant without bumping the costs too high ?
I. would be nervous about two floored buildings

China builds 10,000 beds makeshift covid hospitals in days all depend on those container fab modules, otherwise those hospitals can not be built that fast.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom