What's new

Chinese P3C - An alternative for PC 3?

HANI

Reaction score
Y-8GX6 Patrol/ASW Aircraft, the Chinese P-3C Surfaced

1321460273_24740.jpg

It seems to be have air to air weapons as well as air to ground + air launch torpedoes..........

very good...I mean excellent pics of the Chinese version...looks beautiful....:)

true, PN might go for it in coming years once the bird gets matured :cool:

only if this chinese system is superiror to our P 3c only than we should think for this other wise big NO

Y-8Q Cub/High New 6
It was rumored that a much-needed ASW variant of Y-8 (Y-8Q/High New 6?) similar to American P-3C has been under development since 2007, but it has yet to enter the service with PLAN. The aircraft is believed to be based on Y-8 Catagory III Platform with a fully pressurized cabin, four 6-blade high efficiency blades and horizontal tailplanes with small vertical stabilizers. It also features a large chin radome housing a surface search radar and a FLIR turret underneath the forward fuselage. A pair of MAWS sensors are installed on both sides of its nose cone. A series of antennas are seen on top of forward fuselage and underneath the rear fuselage for communication and ELINT purpose. Two pairs of RWR antennas are installed at the tip of the vertical tailfin. The most noticeable feature of Y-8Q is a MAD sting on its tail. Its lower fuselage in the mid-section of the aircraft has been modified extensively to house an internal bomb bay for carrying light torpedos even AShMs. Two large windows are seen in the rear fuselage for observation purpose. Currently at least two prototype have been built by SAC. Y-8Q appears to be the first combat aircraft in the Y-8 series.
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

only if this chinese system is superiror to our P 3c only than we should think for this other wise big NO

Why big no? If it can perform with-in the parameters and functions and the requirement of PN, I say we should go for it and I am certainly sure Pakistan would provide its inputs and requirement similar to JF-17/FC-20 and other customized equipment Pakistan has procured over the years from China.

It makes sense, Fleet Commonality Compatibility, less dependability on US thus not sanction prone.
- Y-8 variant AEW&C (4)
- Y-8 variant MPA (?)

We should go for a few of them forsure less depending on the US simply.

China ha developed the four-engine turboprop Y-8 GX6 Maritime Patrol and Anti-submarine warfare aircraft for the Peoples Liberation Army Navy. The forward fuselage the Y-8 GX6 MPA/AsW aircraft is outfitted with a bulged radome for a multi-mission surface search radar. Chinese MPA also has at-least one internal weapons bays just forward of the wings to carry sonobuoys and weapons like depth-charges, mines, torpedoes and anti-ship missiles.
The long-range Y-8 GX6 maritime patrol and anti-submarine aircraft can easily distinguished from other version of the Y-8 F600 by it distinct fibreglass tail which is also known as magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) boom, used for the magnetic detection of the enemy submarines.
The Y-8 GX6 aircraft is based the latest Chinese Y-8F600 which is a “Category-III Platform”.

Chinese Y-8 GX6 Maritime Patrol and Anti-submarine Warfare Aircraft ~ Chinese Military Review

I mean again, why Chinese copy PC3 styles from US? Can't they create own creatives something new?

I mean again, why Chinese copy PC3 styles from US? Can't they create own creatives something new?

Who cares long as it does the job they are happy with it & iam sure the feeling would be mutual if we get some of these on our hands .

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom