What's new

Chinese Weapon Exports

:D:D:D

据尼日利亚媒体报道,尼日利亚 Nigeria 空军司令证实该国空军即将接收3架巴基斯坦航空联合体(PAC)生产的JF-17多用途战斗机。同时尼空军也将接收5架俄罗斯米-35N攻击直升机和3架巴西EMB-314超级巨嘴鸟教练/攻击机。

The 2nd airforce will equip JF-17, pilot training in China
101412fde7thdzg1r0jzay.jpg

China new designed FFG for export, with small AESA and 32x VLS cells
057护卫舰应有32单元垂直发射系统 76毫米主炮和ak630隐身版副炮 4联装yj83反舰导弹 和一座红旗10防空导弹 而最为重要的是采用了一体化桅杆设计顶部4面无死角相控阵雷达.舰首为封闭甲板设计.排水量接近5千吨,推测应该为抢占国外高端护卫舰市场而设计的型号,推测中国海军并未采纳此方案
005xwoBEgw1fa6dd2by0dj30m80gmq51.jpg
005xwoBEgw1fa6dd3f8vwj30yb0hsq5m.jpg
005xwoBEgw1fa6dd3xylrj30zu0hg76x.jpg

SCMP reported that Sri Lanka interested to buy Y-20
12月3日,香港《南华早报》“独家”爆料称,斯里兰卡或许将从中国采购运-20运输机,使其成为除中国外首批装备该机的国家之一。中国专家表示,运输机的技术敏感度相对较低,从这个角度看,运-20出口问题不大,但目前需要解决运-20的产量问题。
5DVeXz6.jpg

SCMP reported that Sri Lanka interested to buy Y-20
12月3日,香港《南华早报》“独家”爆料称,斯里兰卡或许将从中国采购运-20运输机,使其成为除中国外首批装备该机的国家之一。中国专家表示,运输机的技术敏感度相对较低,从这个角度看,运-20出口问题不大,但目前需要解决运-20的产量问题。

IMO highly unlikely ! Sri Lanka barely has the money nor the requirement for a strategic airlifter. IMO the Y-9E would be a good choice, but the Y-20 is a bit of an overkill for the SAF.

Deino

IMO highly unlikely ! Sri Lanka barely has the money nor the requirement for a strategic airlifter. IMO the Y-9E would be a good choice, but the Y-20 is a bit of an overkill for the SAF.

Deino

If Sri Lanka AF is just need buy 2. I think it's within their capabilities in terms of finance. Why would they not need a oversized military cargo plane? They can just shove in helo or MBT into Y-20 and fulfill their strategic need of transporting anywhere in the whole of South Asia region.

Wonder what the price of a Y20 is? If it's commercially viable, BAF should consider purchase and setup a commercial arm as we ship a lot of products by air to the middle east and europe. We currently have to hire Ukrainian 124s for the UN flights or commercial airlines. This would amoritise the cost and help with training....

Last edited:
China new designed FFG for export, with small AESA and 32x VLS cells
057护卫舰应有32单元垂直发射系统 76毫米主炮和ak630隐身版副炮 4联装yj83反舰导弹 和一座红旗10防空导弹 而最为重要的是采用了一体化桅杆设计顶部4面无死角相控阵雷达.舰首为封闭甲板设计.排水量接近5千吨,推测应该为抢占国外高端护卫舰市场而设计的型号,推测中国海军并未采纳此方案
View attachment 357279 View attachment 357280 View attachment 357281
tell me more about this beautiful ship :woot::woot::man_in_love::man_in_love::man_in_love:

If Sri Lanka AF is just need buy 2. I think it's within their capabilities in terms of finance. Why would they not need a oversized military cargo plane? They can just shove in helo or MBT into Y-20 and fulfill their strategic need of transporting anywhere in the whole of South Asia region.

But what kind of strategic need has Sri Lanka to transport a helo or MBT somewhere in the whole of SA ???

Sri Lanka to buy Chinese military transport aircraft Xian Y-20; are they "good workhorses"?
1480882321_sri-lanka-eyes-chinese-plane.jpg

Sri Lanka seeks Chinese dual use transport planes. In Picture: Harbin Y-12 II of Sri Lankan air force. Wiki Commons/AKS.9955
Sri Lanka seems to have opted for Chinese-made Xian Y-20 as it looks to bolster military transport planes in its inventory.

Chinese military transport planes have received a thumbs up from none other than Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe, who termed them as "good workhorses."

"I have travelled around in some of the Chinese transport planes we have. They are good workhorses. Some people have raised questions about their quality, but I have always said, 'Look, as far as I am concerned, I will always underwrite Chinese military transport planes'. We will buy two more," Wickremesinghe told South China Morning Post in an interview.

The report noted that Sri Lanka might be offered the newly-developed Xian Y-20, and might also become the first export country for Xian Y-20. Sri Lanka has experience in using Chinese transport planes as it currently uses Harbin Y-12, Xian MA60 and Shaanxi Y-8. Currently, Sri Lanka uses Antonov An-32 for its heavy transport duties and C-130 Hercules for its tactical transport duties.

Xian Y-20 has the distinction of being the first cargo aircraft to use 3D printing technology and the largest military aircraft to enter production.

Sri Lanka is looking at dual use planes that can carry tourists and be deployed for military duties. Wickremesinghe said that the country is going in for such aircraft as it's "airports have excess capacity."

India was concerned over Sri Lanka tilting towards China, especially during the presidency of Mahila Rajapaksa. China has several investments in the island country and will be beginning work on the $1.4 billion development project, Colombo Port City.

Moreover, Sri Lanka has also given 80 percent of Hambantota deep sea port to a Chinese company, China Merchants Holdings, on a 99-year lease for $1.1 billion. It was built and financed by China Merchants Holdings, but has not seen any ships.

Sri Lanka is yet to take a decision on contract for fighter jet. Earlier, it was reported that Sri Lanka was planning to buy 12 JF-17, multi-role combat aircraft developed jointly by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation of China. But Sri Lankan defence officials dismissed the reports. It was believed that the deal was cancelled over Indian diplomatic pressure. India is eyeing Sri Lanka as a market for its LCA Tejas aircraft.

"China, India, Sweden and Russia have made offers, we are studying them," Wickremesinghe said.

The current government has softened its stand over Chinese investments after the previous government bungled up on debt repayment. Sri Lanka's foreign debt has increased from 36 percent of GDP in 2010 to 94 percent in 2015.

Moreover, the report said, a third of Sri Lankan earnings are estimated to be spent on the Chinese debt. But Wickremesinghe believes that the answer for his country's problems could be to make Hambantota port work. He wants it to match with that of China's Shenzhen.

"Why not? I had been to Shenzhen in 1979, it was a paddy field. I was travelling by train from Canton [Guangzhou] to Hong Kong. I went there again in 1987 and saw how it had transformed from a small fishing village," Wickremesinghe said.

https://www.google.lk/amp/amp.ibtim...good-workhorses-706965?client=ms-android-oppo

My impression is that Chines products are good value for money. Usually, price wise, it is cheaper than US,Western and Russian products.

with SL financial condition, they would be lucky to buy Y-7 or 8. Not to mention, China's air force will need all Y-20 China can produce for the next decade.

with SL financial condition, they would be lucky to buy Y-7 or 8. Not to mention, China's air force will need all Y-20 China can produce for the next decade.
I think Y-8 has cease production and switch to Y-9. Myanmar AF will be first customer.

Y-20?

I guess for SL,even IL-76 will be overkill.

for exactly why do they need "Chinese C-17"s?

Y-20?

I guess for SL,even IL-76 will be overkill.

for exactly why do they need "Chinese C-17"s?

Dual use technology, it doesn't necessarily have to be used for military purposes. At the end of the day they also function as large cargo planes, useful for disaster relief purposes, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom