What's new

China's Xi unveils grand development plan for Central Asia

I don't get these headlines anymore - "China's Xi unveils..."
How many Xi's exist that you need to mention "China's Xi" ? I don't see anyone saying "US's Biden falls..." Everyone knows when the news says Xi, Biden, Modi, Trudeau etc.,
Cuz he responsible for all fuckups

Russia and Iran may try to block efforts across the Caspian, which is why the Uzbeks are leading the effort for the Trans-Afghan Railway. Russia and Iran are both being confronted by the west more vociferously these days, so their acquiescence to western transit over the Caspian will be limited to the bare minimum.

Pakistan being at the end of the route and in dire economic straits may be compelled to go along with any initiatives that build it back up to the west’s only reliable access to Central Asia. The Afghans, seeking international and especially western recognition, will also need to go along with access.

If China doesn’t compete for projects along this corridor, it will go to western companies, at the expense of Chinese efforts and decades of investment. The success of BRI depends on Central Asia. Russia is also having trouble giving Central Asians jobs. If China can Integrate the Central Asian (total population only 80 million), Afghan, and a sizable portion of the Pakistani workforce into Chinese industrial enterprises along the route, it could significantly push back on any other powers influence in the region, and create the profits to be exported via Gwadar or over land to Chinese ports on the Chinese coast. If China helps Central Asian efforts to rebuild the Aral Sea, it could also go a long way in winning soft power with them.

Thereis a railway from China to the CA states that is uunderway now after Russians have gave up their objection after years blocking. Hopefully, Pakistan and Afghan can connect to the line too.

Thereis a railway from China to the CA states that is uunderway now after Russians have gave up their objection after years blocking. Hopefully, Pakistan and Afghan can connect to the line too.
Is the railway the same gauge as the Chinese railway? If so, I hope the Trans-Afghan Railway is of the same gauge (Standard gauge) and when Pakistan rebuilds its mainline 1 it also switched to standard gauge.

The railway is a good start, but agricultural modernization and mining investment are badly needed to employ many people, and help people buy products carried on these railways.

Is the railway the same gauge as the Chinese railway? If so, I hope the Trans-Afghan Railway is of the same gauge (Standard gauge) and when Pakistan rebuilds its mainline 1 it also switched to standard gauge.

The railway is a good start, but agricultural modernization and mining investment are badly needed to employ many people, and help people buy products carried on these railways.
Yeah, the railway is standard gauge. I am sure China will invest more in mining and agriculture in the region as in CPEC.

Yeah, Biden is matching up to what Xi is doing in CA after China and CA countries met in Xian months ago. I dont know if Russia will let US penetrate deeply into CA though, its Russia's backyard esp militarly and politically.

China and Turkiye are the powers of the Central Asia and Caucases.

Russia is a loser country which will be balkanized shortly.

China should partner with Turkiye and Pakistan and keep Russia and Iran out of any projects.

Back
Top Bottom