What's new

China reverses roles in arms trade with Russia

Well China’s drone technology is unquestionably better. Russia’s use or lack of use of drones has definitely not helped it in this war. So they can definitely use Chinese help with drones.
They're using laser guided artillery with drone observers.

Those drones are modified commercial drones I believe.

I think it was just an overestimation of their own weapons' capabilities

Russian tech has always been exaggerated, it's been selling pretty nicely, I think they just thought it would be enough, but it simply wasn't
They're still holding back the most important part of their air force: the bombers. As of now they've only done a few Kh-32 strikes with Tu-22M.

They're still holding back the most important part of their air force: the bombers. As of now they've only done a few Kh-32 strikes with Tu-22M.
At this point, the bombers are tactically irrelevant. The Russian military failed the fundamentals of modern warfare. It failed to exploit its superiority in several areas, critically airpower in the early stages of the war, so now, no amount of face saving measures on the interweb will redeem its reputation as a failure.

At this point, the bombers are tactically irrelevant. The Russian military failed the fundamentals of modern warfare. It failed to exploit its superiority in several areas, critically airpower in the early stages of the war, so now, no amount of face saving measures on the interweb will redeem its reputation as a failure.
You must believe you succeeded when you were fleeing Afghanistan, didn't you?

You talk like Ukrainians have occupied moscow,lol. Your propaganda media have brainwashed you well I guess. When you invade a country big as ukraine with 200k soldiers,it takes time..

You must believe you succeeded when you were fleeing Afghanistan, didn't you?
It must sucks big time to defend a massive failure like Russia. But I guess what The Party ordered, you must comply.

China and Turkey are not in the same league when it comes to drones. Turkish drones require a lot of western input while China has a full supply chain.

I think Russia excels when it comes to high end tech like hypersonic missiles because their limited military budget forces them to focus on specific areas of leverage. But this has also led to less investment into maintaining other areas of the military.

China is an avid student, that is how it rose so quickly. It’s studied both Russia and the US, that’s why it won’t treat other countries as an inferior partner because that will create resentment and backstabbing in the long run.
No, there is no vital need for any foreign subsystem in Turkish' tactical/MALE UAV systems. Unfortunately, you need to update your information. You're still developing rote stereotypes based on what was said 8-10 years ago.

I'm not comparing Chinese and Turkish drones, don't get me wrong. There are Chinese systems that I personally really like, and they are great projects.

The systems that are important in tactical UAVs are all mission and flight avionics of the aircraft, including autonomous landing and take-off, as well as the said munitions or ISTAR systems. Apart from these components, related companies commonly use the products on the shelf. Because creating a cost-effective product is the most basic parameter. Even China cannot exclude this parameter.

For example, it is seen that the Rotax engine is used in the Chinese Male UAVs that crashed in Yemen or other Arab countries. Different variants of the same engine are also used by Turkish Uavs of similar class.

Here is the example:

Both countries also have their own designed engines that they can use in these planes. However, due to the cost factor, both countries exported a large number of unmanned aircraft using the off-the-shelf product. There is nothing abnormal about this from an industrial point of view.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom