What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I think PAF should shift the J-10BS procurement as we all are hearing from different sources the J-31 is the aircraft they really like and I am hopeful that they will induct at least 70 of them in the name of just 45-50. Ameen

Dont know if posted before..........
http://military-photoshops.blogspot.com/2012/04/chengdu-j-10-s-in-paf-mirage-iiiv-color.html
well here we go........
PAF ordered its first batch of 24 J-10 S in 2006 to replace its older Mirage V fighter/bombers and a second batch comprising 18 J-10 S to form 3 strike squadrons. These aircraft will be used in deep strike at key strategic enemy positions during the first wave of attack .

The J-10 (Jian 10 or Fighter 10) is China's indigenously built multirole fighter aircraft developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry. Chengdu Aircraft Industry is part of the China Aviation Industry Corporation I (AVIC I). In the West the J-10 aircraft is known as the Vigorous Dragon.

It is estimated that up to 300 J-10 fighter aircraft will be manufactured. China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) includes the army, navy, air force and strategic rocket force. The air force (AFPLA) has 200 fighter and fighter ground attack squadrons and 120 strike fighter squadrons.

The J-10 aircraft is considered the replacement for the J-7 and Q-5. The air force currently operates about 250 J-7 (MiG-21) air defence and attack aircraft and about 500 Q-5 attack aircraft.

China formally announced the J-10 in February 2007. The existence of the J-10 was first reported in 1994, but the J-10 programme was started in 1988 and the first flight of the single seat aircraft took place in 1998. A two-seater variant made its first flight in 2003.

There are reports that the J-10 entered service in 2005 and is operational in single seater and two seater versions in at least two PLA air force squadrons.

The first native fourth-generation J-10 aircraft was unveiled by the air force in April 2010. Four J-10 fighter jets were showcased by the 24th fighter division of AFPLA. Pakistan will receive the first export versions of the J-10, up to 36 aircraft, by 2015. China and Pakistan have worked closely on the development of another fighter aircraft, the JF-17 or FC-1 light fighter aircraft.
18s31616hh.jpg

In late-February 2006, the President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf, toured the J-10 and JF-17 production facilities during which the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was offered the J-10,[18] and the purchase of 36 J-10s was approved on 12 April 2006. The J-10s would be modified to Pakistani requirements, and would equip PAF squadrons quantity around 150 to 200 from 2014–2015 and be known as the FC-20.
1619581.jpg

Dont know if posted before..........
well here we go........
PAF ordered its first batch of 24 J-10 S in 2006 to replace its older Mirage V fighter/bombers and a second batch comprising 18 J-10 S to form 3 strike squadrons. These aircraft will be used in deep strike at key strategic enemy positions during the first wave of attack .

The J-10 (Jian 10 or Fighter 10) is China's indigenously built multirole fighter aircraft developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry. Chengdu Aircraft Industry is part of the China Aviation Industry Corporation I (AVIC I). In the West the J-10 aircraft is known as the Vigorous Dragon.

It is estimated that up to 300 J-10 fighter aircraft will be manufactured. China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) includes the army, navy, air force and strategic rocket force. The air force (AFPLA) has 200 fighter and fighter ground attack squadrons and 120 strike fighter squadrons.

The J-10 aircraft is considered the replacement for the J-7 and Q-5. The air force currently operates about 250 J-7 (MiG-21) air defence and attack aircraft and about 500 Q-5 attack aircraft.

China formally announced the J-10 in February 2007. The existence of the J-10 was first reported in 1994, but the J-10 programme was started in 1988 and the first flight of the single seat aircraft took place in 1998. A two-seater variant made its first flight in 2003.

There are reports that the J-10 entered service in 2005 and is operational in single seater and two seater versions in at least two PLA air force squadrons.

The first native fourth-generation J-10 aircraft was unveiled by the air force in April 2010. Four J-10 fighter jets were showcased by the 24th fighter division of AFPLA. Pakistan will receive the first export versions of the J-10, up to 36 aircraft, by 2015. China and Pakistan have worked closely on the development of another fighter aircraft, the JF-17 or FC-1 light fighter aircraft.
18s31616hh.jpg

In late-February 2006, the President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf, toured the J-10 and JF-17 production facilities during which the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was offered the J-10,[18] and the purchase of 36 J-10s was approved on 12 April 2006. The J-10s would be modified to Pakistani requirements, and would equip PAF squadrons quantity around 150 to 200 from 2014–2015 and be known as the FC-20.
1619581.jpg

An order to me means a signerd contract. PAF might have shown interest but to my knowledge no contract was ever signed, so what remains is interest only which can change with your needs.
Araz

An order to me means a signerd contract. PAF might have shown interest but to my knowledge no contract was ever signed, so what remains is interest only which can change with your needs.
Araz

The Jamestown Foundation: J-10: The New Cornerstone of Sino-Pakistani Defense Cooperation
PAF Falcons Forums • View topic - Pakistan buying Chinese FC-20/J-10 Fighters
i read on many places about signed contact of 36 J-10...
it was also reported in Akhbar-e-Jahan back in 2009...

Nothing is going to come before orders of 150 JFTs are fulfilled even for JFTs PAF is struggling with cash unfortunately.

well J-10 according to my guess will be started receiving after 2015...
well PAF had done a lot of hard work in aquariums of AWACS,air to air refulling,BVR capability and profressed much also in field of UAV and produced their own fighters...
so i guess its okkk for 10 years.
we already done much work...
now its time to replace old 3rd gen fleet and jump to entire 4th+ gen fleet.....

Passive phase arrays typically use large amplifiers that produce all of the microwave transmit signal for the antenna. Phase shifters typically consist of waveguide elements that contain phase shifters controlled by magnetic field, voltage gradient, or equivalent technology.

Hence the nodes.

India and china should tie up for AESA tech.

Passive phase arrays typically use large amplifiers that produce all of the microwave transmit signal for the antenna. Phase shifters typically consist of waveguide elements that contain phase shifters controlled by magnetic field, voltage gradient, or equivalent technology.

Hence the nodes.

India and china should tie up for AESA tech.

This will effect ur deals with Uncle Sam....
Americans can't affort friendship and cooperation b/w china and india thats why they are supplying u arms.....
1st they wouldnot let any cooperation happen b/w china and india through their sources bt if this impossible happened then India will not be able to purchase any spare or new weapons from America...

Araz
When on earth Pakistan will receive these systems ?

When on earth Pakistan will receive these systems ?

Hi Mr. Zarvan, I understand your frustration on this matter. However, the simple truth is Pakistan does not have the money, even a few billion dollars to buy these machines.

It is really sad how this current civilian administration has managed the economy into the ground. Just sad a country of 180million cannot afford a few billion to buy these key weapon systems.

J-10B
The J-10B not only incorporates an AESA/PESA radar but also state of the art ECMs (Electronic-Counter Measures) housed in its curved tail and DSI (Divert less Supersonic Inlet) intakes with reduced RCS making it hard to be detected on the radar, therefore perfect to compete with the French Rafale which also incorporates ‘SPECTRA’ configuration, considered to be the best ECMs in the market right now.

J-10B production on hold

150796_10151417768389919_194384644_n.jpg

Interesting, but is there any Chinese source to confirm that? At least the order of 40 x J10A should be mentioned anywhere or? Western sources are often speculating about Chinese orders and developments and since they don't even have a clue why the serial production is delayed, a confirmation would be good.

Back
Top Bottom