What's new

Chemicals Mixed in Fruits in Bangladesh

Tiki Tam Tam

<b>MILITARY PROFESSIONALS</b>
Reaction score
Chemical mixed fruits may cause serious diseases

Reported by: Md. Owasim Uddin Bhuyan, UNB Staff Writer
Reported on: June 02, 2011 17:07 PM

Dhaka, Jun 2 (UNB) – Fruits ripened by chemicals which are widely sold in the market may cause cancer and serious kidney and liver complications, physicians said.

They suggested people to avoid taking such fruits ripened by chemicals like formalin and carbide. Such fruits are very harmful for all, especially for growing children and the pregnant mothers. Intake of such fruits may cause nausea, vomiting, inflammation, nephritises, hepatic problems, kidney and liver complications and cancer in human bodies.....

He said maturing and ripening of fruits with the help of toxic chemical should be stopped at sources as a first step. Appropriate measures are required to take to keep the fruits free from toxics for human consumption.

Lauding the initiatives taken by the government to destroy the chemical mixed fruits Prof Barua said that the evidence should be proved through analysis and examination in the laboratory by experts from Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR).

Prof Fatima Parveen Chowdhury, director of the Institute of Public Health and Nutrition, expressed grave concern over the chemical mixed fruits available in the markets and said such toxic fruits totally lost nutritional values can cause many diseases.

She suggested the people to feed their children homemade foods instead of giving the chemical fruits which are perilous for human consumption. “Chemical mixed fruits can never be normal fruits that absolutely lose normal nutritional values.’

Dr Fazlul Kader Khan, junior consultant (child), said chemical fruits are harmful for all particularly more harmful for growing children and the pregnant mothers. Such toxic fruits may cause various health complications and affect the kidney and liver.

UNBconnect... - Chemical mixed fruits may cause serious diseases

Very unfortunate.

Unscrupulous people greedy to make a quick buck puts the nation's health at ransom.

People in Bangladesh and those going there should avoid taking fruits, at least for sometimes.

This type of skulduggery is prevalent in many countries.

Old news since many Bangladeshis already knew since...I don't know. These practices have been going on for a long time.

We know where to buy good and safe fruits. Its jack-fruit season :cheers:

Very unfortunate.

Unscrupulous people greedy to make a quick buck puts the nation's health at ransom.

People in Bangladesh and those going there should avoid taking fruits, at least for sometimes.

This type of skulduggery is prevalent in many countries.
Its done a lot in India and probably worse.

Old news since many Bangladeshis already knew since...I don't know. These practices have been going on for a long time.

We know where to buy good and safe fruits. Its jack-fruit season :cheers:

Can Indians here tell us which parts of India produce jackfruits. I know that low lying areas cannot keep the trees alive because of floods. A little higher land is needed. But, apart from the level of land there must be other reasons that some areas grow this fruit and some areas do not. So, which parts of India grows good quality Jackfruits?

Don't like Jack-fruit, but love 'Jack-fruit seed bharta shutki' , mmm the delicacy !!!!!!!!!
loitta_shutki.JPG

I have had jackfruit in southern and eastern states. Not sure which has good quality though.
I just saw this video, 2 yr old, in which jackfruit grower are unhappy over border fencing as they are unable to sell in bangladesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Indians here tell us which parts of India produce jackfruits. I know that low lying areas cannot keep the trees alive because of floods. A little higher land is needed. But, apart from the level of land there must be other reasons that some areas grow this fruit and some areas do not. So, which parts of India grows good quality Jackfruits?

There are seriously to much jack fruit growing in Kerala. Huge once too.

DSC_0520.JPG

Its done a lot in India and probably worse.

Thank you.

You were in India doing it and doing it worse than what you did in Bangladesh.

Good to know it from person in the trade doing just this!

And prospering!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom