What's new

"Checkmate" will be shown for the first time abroad at the Dubai Airshow 2021 from November 14-18.

This thing is way past 5th generation technology. Unless one has been living under a tree covered with many rocks rocks vis-vis 5th gen and jumps intp 6tj gen, then it's natural to get posts that suggest things such as single engine and price tag.

6th gen platforms have conditions that are far more complex and necessary than the two mentioned above and 2 of them already seen right in my last post is the ability to swing into an unmanned platform and the switch of a button (that's one we see) and the other which has been a huge part of the LATE development of the Su-57 is the flying wingman in the Okhotnik. There still needs some work to be done to that as far as some of the limited provided Russian information, one of them being the size of the UCAV.

One explanation that the original Okhotnik in the large configuration will act as a specific type of wingman, delegated with certain missions and those certain missions ALONE to increase its survivability. The other is a slew of slave drones in the exact shape of the okhotnik designed as elements that may or may not return to base and that survivability is NOT a fundamental requirement to those slave drones. Some really neat stuff being propagated that goes well beyond 5th gen obsoletion.

This thing is way past 5th generation technology. Unless one has been living under a tree covered with many rocks rocks vis-vis 5th gen and jumps intp 6tj gen, then it's natural to get posts that suggest things such as single engine and price tag.

6th gen platforms have conditions that are far more complex and necessary than the two mentioned above and 2 of them already seen right in my last post is the ability to swing into an unmanned platform and the switch of a button (that's one we see) and the other which has been a huge part of the LATE development of the Su-57 is the flying wingman in the Okhotnik. There still needs some work to be done to that as far as some of the limited provided Russian information, one of them being the size of the UCAV.

One explanation that the original Okhotnik in the large configuration will act as a specific type of wingman, delegated with certain missions and those certain missions ALONE to increase its survivability. The other is a slew of slave drones in the exact shape of the okhotnik designed as elements that may or may not return to base and that survivability is NOT a fundamental requirement to those slave drones. Some really neat stuff being propagated that goes well beyond 5th gen obsoletion.
Indeed..

Awesome. That ginger chick is just all around fantastic. From her motivation that does not change levels under any circumstances to pivotal points that she's making on some of the latest and greatest Russian air force technology. She's an A+ as far as a delivery personnel and an A+ as far as her knowledge of the topic and the existence of such sensitivity in the subject matter she's discussing. Really refreshing.

It looks like a semi stealth aircraft rather than full stealth. Its under belly intake simply negates its function as stealth fighter. It kind of looks like stealthy version of JF 17 🤣 with horribly modified intakes.

Rostec looks to UAE to co-produce Su-75 Checkmate subsystems..

#DubaiAirshow2021 #DefenseNews https://trib.al/dHLBzhu

The reason why they seem to be aggressive with the timing of production of this bird by 2025/2026 is simply because the majority of the major components of that aircraft are components that already exist and are being manufactured for the Su-57. Examples are the wings, same wings as the Su-57. The canted ruddervators are the same canted stabilzers on the Su-57. They've taken those from the Su-57 and used them as all-moving, higher-angled ruddervators and eliminated the need for any horizontal stabilizers, sort of like what Northrop Grumman did with the YF-23. But the panels themselves are the same as the ones used on the Su-57 just applied differently on the Su-75 (Checkmate).

The cockpit is also the same one used on the Su-57. Slides back and forward with the fixed front end. From much of the given information at MAKS 21, the interior, glass cockpit and avionics layout is almost identical as the Su-57 with the exception of a few elements because of slight differences in the design and need for the adjustments required to meet those slight differences. So minor basically.

Take all of those and you already have what, 40% of the aircraft already available in production? Probably much more that we aren't privy to simply because they're sensitive elements. But I would easily assume that much of the FBW system and mechanism that compliment the FBW system are also identical to the Su-57.

So they were very economical and ergonomically cognizant when they designed this aircraft to use all these systems to simplify and expedite the production of this aircraft. This is a standard procedure for the Sukhoi design bureau that they're been using for decades. Best example is the Su-27 which has turned into many newer aircraft from the Su-30 to the Su-35 and all the different sub-models in-between. Even the Su-34. It's essentially the same fuselage as the Su-27/30 with the obvious and visible changes we see such as the radome, access to the cockpit, rear landing gear to accommodate the bomb bays and a few other differences to make it a bomber/fighter.

Agree.. and I actually would go so far to as to claim that up to 70% of the Su-75 checkmate is already available / in production...
- Canopy / cockpit
- Avionics
- Radar
- Wings
- Ruddervator
- Engine
- Landing gears

1637060239536.png

The only parts unique to the Checkmate that I could think of are :
- Main airframe
- Weapons bays
- FCS software code for the FBW

The Su-75 is basically a single engine version of the Su-57... would be interesting to know how its performance is compared to the Su-57...

The size is larger than i anticipated, seeing it side by side with su-57. Its design is also not too stealthy, maybe its semi stealth design. The internal weapons bay capacity also seems limited to two BVRs? Lets see where it goes.

Sir, is it comparable to the F-35 in terms of capabilities? The Americans have a habit of making fun of Russian technology. They say that Russian fighter jets have inferior tech and avionics.

If I remember correctly a Russian SU-35 in Syria detected and intercepted an American "stealth" F-22. So either the F-22/F-35 are clearly not that "stealthy" or Russian fighter jets are not as inferior as the Americans like to claim.

Your opinion?

Sir, is it comparable to the F-35 in terms of capabilities? The Americans have a habit of making fun of Russian technology. They say that Russian fighter jets have inferior tech and avionics.

If I remember correctly a Russian SU-35 in Syria detected and intercepted an American "stealth" F-22. So either the F-22/F-35 are clearly not that "stealthy" or Russian fighter jets are not as inferior as the Americans like to claim.

Your opinion?

I couldn't tell you TBH. Until we see a lot more of the Checkmate and the published information as well as patented information like we have in the past 14 years of Su-57 testing and all the information we've learned about it, we've been able to deduce a lot of the Su-57's capabilities and hence compare them to the aircraft it was specifically intended to compete against, in the F-22. Then prior to production, it branched into other capabilities such as controlling slave drones and in particular, the possibility of the S-70 Okhotnik. That's 6th generation stuff.

As far as the Syrian radar sightings, it wouldn't surprise me at all. On the other hand, we know the US builds some of the best technology out there and not just that, they're very cautious about exposing their aircraft's signature to any potential enemy. So we don't know if the F-22s were carrying Lunberg lenses just for the reason there were many Russian aircraft in the vicinity and they didn't want to give up the aircraft's RCS for the Russians to add to their ELINT library. So they purposely show them the aircraft with a rather large RCS caused by the Lunberg lens and maybe that was why they were picked up by the Su-35s. But then again, the IRBIS-E hybrid radar in the Su-35 is a monster capable of detecting aircraft with very low RCS at 400km. So who really knows?

Much more to come with the Checkmate that will be mind-blowing IMO. If they've done this much already and the bird hasn't even had its first maiden flight test, that's a pretty scary thing if you ask me. Comparable to the F-35 or better will all depend on its radar, avionics, software and EW capabilities. What's your opinion?

Your opinion?

If there was a conflict between Russia and the U.S., you can bet the F-22 and F-35 would have shot down the SU-35 before it detected them even before possible interception. So if they detected the F-22/F-35, that would mean they saw the SU-35 long before that. I guarantee it. Since there is no conflict between U.S. and Russia, they aren't going to shoot at each other.

If there was a conflict between Russia and the U.S., you can bet the F-22 and F-35 would have shot down the SU-35 before it detected them even before possible interception. So if they detected the F-22/F-35, that would mean they saw the SU-35 long before that. I guarantee it. Since there is no conflict between U.S. and Russia, they aren't going to shoot at each other.

What about the J20.. I just find the J20 mysterious nobody can really rate it at this point and I think the Chinese have done that on purpose it can come out of the get go an underperform or it can overperform... How do you see J20 vs F22 /F35 would go... Fire away Let me hear your take

Back
Top Bottom