What's new

Capability Gap : Ship/Submarine to Land

EX PN chief interview clearly mentioned that PN is developing
Anti ship Supersonic Cruise missile: P 282
Anti ship Ballistic missile: unknown yet

I believe such announcements only come from high rank official when there is a solid progress or weapon is in final test phase.

PN needs a platform to integrate these vertical launch missile and it is also known that Type 54 P are seeking their way to join PN in short period of time. It means weapons is ready with hopefully longer range 1000-1500 KM and will be integrated on new larger ships in coming years.

What would be specs of new those missiles under development is still unknown, time will tell this but currently locally manufactured and imported antiship missile have at least 450 KM range.

I feel positive to say, PN is working to balance enemy's offensive preparation.

I believe such announcements only come from high rank official when there is a solid progress or weapon is in final test phase.

PN needs a platform to integrate these vertical launch missile and it is also known that Type 54 P are seeking their way to join PN in short period of time. It means weapons is ready with hopefully longer range 1000-1500 KM and will be integrated on new larger ships in coming years.

What would be specs of new those missiles under development is still unknown, time will tell this but currently locally manufactured and imported antiship missile have at least 450 KM range.

Redundant Ghauri 1 SSM (900-1100km) would be a extremely good choice for Antiship ballistic missile upgrade. it has a unitary warhead. it is do able...

Poor INS Vikramaditya battlegroup will become null and void as they will be forced to move it out from Arabian Sea to Bay of Bengal and tell domestic audience that they did it to pressure china..

Remember we are dealing with Indian Navy not US Navy

Nope
The anti ship ballistic missile is P-282
The supersonic cruise missile has no official name yet

I believe p282 is based on shaheen 1a base with naval updates and upgrades .

Supersonic ssm of pn might be a further development of yj12 or brahmos like missile

Jinnah call frigate / destroy will be build to accommodate these two items along anti air missiles

Again this is my understanding

All current BM have open launchers, anything based on them will be limited to operation from land and will not b suitable for ship. Pakistan has come a long way since testing S 1. If it is a ship based system it definitely will be some thing new.

Russian Vyborg Shipyard laid the Purga ice class coastguard ship of project 23550 925 001

Scale model of KDDX destroyer for South Korean Navy. (Picture source Republic of Korea Armed Force Facebook account)

The KDDX destroyer will be armed with 16x SSM-700K Haeseong (C-Star) Anti-ship Missile launchers, 48x vertical launch systems at the bow (MK41 from Lockheed Martin or some Korean VLS under development by Doosan) for a surface to air missiles, 16x larger K-VLS back aft. This could not be confirmed at Indo Defence, but Navy Recognition believes these larger K-VLS will be used to store and launch LIG Nex1's Hyunmoo-3C land attack cruise missiles with a range of about 1,500 km. There are speculations in South Korea that there will also be an anti-ship version of the Hyunmoo missile. A Phalanx CIWS is fitted on top of the dual helicopter hangar.

Anti ship ballistic missile would be a good force multiplier and deterrence against a larger navy. You can also continiously improve Harbah missile range to have long range capability in the cruise missile side as well. Long range fire support from land can be used as a force multiplier by your navy, drones and aircraft after detecting enemy surface vessels. Supersonic cruise missiles generally have lower ranges and need the carrying platforms to be stealthier to get closer to target.

One thing that is generally not seen in application is long range anti submarine systems. If the enemy has submarine lrcm capability you can deter an attack of that kind as well just like anti shipping if you develop long range anti sub missiles.

One option using an anti ship ballistic missile-without the radar seeker and with continious updates from target data supplied by ships, sonobuoys or subs or unmanned underwater vehicles. Ballistic missile can have a cluster warhead that consists of multiples of depth charges Depth charges can be guided as well without the rocket part being much smaller(higher quantity) than the ones used on ships.

RBU.jpg

Another option is two stage cruise missile with its front part a mini torpedo(1-1.5m) and back side the jet engine and the wings. The example below is a rocket assisted version of the same thing but a cruise missile variant of this will have a longer range than the below example.

This one is a rocket assisted glider carrying a torpedo. A jet engine cruise missile variant with a mini torpedo at the front would have a much longer range anti sub strike capability in my opinion.

04.jpg

Pakistan should start some window shopping on the European side for a possible acquisition of LHDs and LPDs. This is will give Pakistan Navy an option to perform expansionary missions in the African regions of the Indian Ocean and also in the Seas / Ocean around Malaysia and Indonesia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom