What's new

Burning helicopter crashes into Florida building

RIP to the pilot and the other death

This is a EC-135 and NTSB (and very likely EASA) will investigate this incident. Unless it crashed on something, this seems like a mechanical failure

I predicted a few years ago that there would be more and more accidents of all kinds in the United States.

After the United States de-industrialized, various equipment continued to age, and there were no qualified skilled workers.

Not to mention the development of new things in the United States, the maintenance of old things is a problem.

ps: Modern countries need science and engineering talents to manage

I predicted a few years ago that there would be more and more accidents of all kinds in the United States.

After the United States de-industrialized, various equipment continued to age, and there were no qualified skilled workers.

Not to mention the development of new things in the United States, the maintenance of old things is a problem.

I know there is this major competition -- for the lack of a better word -- between China and the US, but one SAR helicopter crash doesn't mean the US is lacking in qualified & skilled workers. That's a bit of a stretch TBH.

Accidents and crashes happen everywhere all the time and with a country like the United States where aviation of all types is more prevalent than anywhere else in the world, it's a wonder that a lot more accidents don't happen.

..and a basis in Western technology I guess because I don't see much Eastern stuff prevalent in the world.

Last edited:
I know there is this major competition -- for the lack of a better word -- between China and the US, but one SAR helicopter crash doesn't mean the US is lacking in qualified & skilled workers. That's a bit of a stretch TBH.

Accidents and crashes happen everywhere all the time and with a country like the United States where aviation of all types is more prevalent than anywhere else in the world, it's a wonder that a lot more accidents don't happen.

My conclusions do not derive from a single accident.

RIP to the people who died in this accident!! May the injured recover soon!!

If your point is that US needs better infra and all around maintenance and upgrade, sure. It is lot less to do with paucity of skills but rather to do lack of prioritizing that. There were also some serious mistakes such as trusting China with knowhow and Pakistan with WoT for example.

But I wonder if you noticed another aspect of the modern country you predicted about: this video could be published and nobody is going to jail for that and nobody has to invent stories of dragon festival in the skies.

Stuff happens

Back
Top Bottom