What's new

Budget 2014/15

as always punjab first

Sindh wale har baat main sobaiyat dhondhte rahte hain. Punjabi to Punjab bhi kam hi mention karte hain...

The ground breaking ceremony for M4 was performed by Yousuf Raza Gillani back in 2009. It's under construction since last 5 years. Do you think they should not have completed the remaining leg of the motorway and prioritise the Karachi section first?

The idea is simple, finish M4, M7 as soon as possible, accelerate work on M5 and M6 and complete all these motorways within the next 3 years. That's a strong Motorway link from Karachi to Pindi Bhatian from where you can go to Lahore / Islamabad and Peshawar. If we complete M-8 within in the meanwhile it means Gawadar, Karachi, Hyderabad, Multan, Faisalabad, Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar will be connected with the Motorway.

PML-N's focus for unknown reason is always on Motorways. They are likely to connect these cities within the next 3 years. If we had gone the normal way, it would have taken another 10 or so years for sure. The project is old, just allocation of funds has raised.

@Aether , do not take @darkinsky seriously. Nobody does. Engaging him is like feeding a troll. One does it only for some maza waghaira...

I see the construction work on Motorways is been expedited all three relevant provinces namely Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan.

The premier project that would transform the south-north corridor, linking Sindh to Up-country through a rapid transit mode, is the 959 KM Karachi-Lahore motorway project for which Rs.25 billion have been allocated for land acquisition this year and Rs.30 billion in the next year’s development budget. This will enable complete land acquisition for the project. Construction
work on 276 KM Lahore to Khanewal Section, 387 KM Multan to SukkurSection, 296 KM Sukkur to Hyderabad Section and 136 KM Hyderabad to KarachiSectionwill start soon and will be undertaken on public-private partnership basis. It is estimated that the project will be completed before the term of the present government expires. On the other hand, work on the remaining portions of 892 KM Gawadar-Ratodero Motorway has been expedited and the works on 200 KM long Gawadar-Turbat-Hoshab Section
have been prioritized by meeting all its financial requirements.
For northern connectivity, work on for construction of 460 KM Raikot-Havelian-Islamabad Section of the corridor will also be starting as well as for widening of the Khunjrab-Raikot Section of the Karakorum Highway.

There are many more highway projects included in the development plan. This include184 Km Faisalabad-Khanewal Section and 57 KM Khanewal-Multan Section of M4. In addition, allocations have also been made for a number of crucial bridges and tunnels to open up unconnected areas. These include accelerated completion of Lowari-Tunnel, Lipa Tunnel in Lipa Valley, a bridge on River Chenab near Sultan Bahoo, Baba Farid Bridge near Pakpattan, Syedwala Bridge on River Ravi near Nankana Sahib, and a bridge on Indus River to connect N5 and N55.

Source is budget speech: http://finance.gov.pk/budget/Budget_Speech14_15_Eng.pdf

Frankly, i don't know about budget procedure therefore, can anyone confirm whether final budget has been approved or still some approval is required like PM/President signature and/or higher authority nod?

Frankly, i don't know about budget procedure therefore, can anyone confirm whether final budget has been approved or still some approval is required like PM/President signature and/or higher authority nod?
It requires enactment from parliament...the measures in budget speech are proposals which are enforced the day parliament enacts the budget in the name of finance bill 20XX (2014 for the current one) or from the day proposed in the act

i know but still better than before ... and i dont think Pakistan spend only 7B$ on defense .. it must more than that .

In Gen. Musharraf rule Defence budget was 28% & Pak Defence was developing, you all know that & you all can see that. I think Pak defence wants to buy new Military hardware & they are desperate to strengthen PAF & Navy. Also they need new gear & modern military equipments for the troops. As the world military is advancing so does Pak Army needs to advance, they have to keep up they don't have a choice. Reduce the defence budget & their performance will fall.

upload_2014-6-4_23-25-25.png

upload_2014-6-4_23-26-59.png

Other poverty related spending:

upload_2014-6-4_23-29-36-png.33909

Last edited:
Following is the summary of total expenditure:

upload_2014-6-4_23-33-30.png

This is further broken down into the following categories:

upload_2014-6-4_23-34-43.png

The breakdown for the health and education related spending from the table above is given as:

upload_2014-6-4_23-37-33.png

upload_2014-6-4_23-38-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-6-4_23-29-36.png
    upload_2014-6-4_23-29-36.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 89
In Gen. Musharraf rule Defence budget was 28% & Pak Defence was developing, you all know that & you all can see that. I think Pak defence wants to buy new Military hardware & they are desperate to strengthen PAF & Navy. Also they need new gear & modern military equipments for the troops. As the world military is advancing so does Pak Army needs to advance, they have to keep up they don't have a choice. Reduce the defence budget & their performance will fall.

i agree with you , our Armed forces desperately needs funds to buy new equipment, ships , Air crafts , gears , SAM's and specially on R&D

Back
Top Bottom