What's new

Breaking News - New GPS for Pakistan !!!

What happens when your car gps goes offline, you use offline stored maps. Similar.
INS has been around far longer than GPS. My favorite was the one in the SR-71 which would note the position of constellations much like sailors of old. Called the astro-inertial navigation system.

Shaheen had a 3m CeP on just INS.

What happens when your car gps goes offline, you use offline stored maps. Similar.

Gps and maps are two separate entities,
GPS = Global Positioning System - is a satellite based radio-navigation system
Maps are more like GUI - Graphical user interface e.g. a virtual representation roads network, which makes it easier for typical end user comprehend the information displayed. (without GUI useless information would be displayed I.e. chosen programing language/ binary).

So even if a GPS goes offline, the device being used, cannot work since it will not be able to guide the choice of transport, without knowing its current location, which is needed to guide a person in real-time, without a robust connection it would only be as useful as a standard paper Map. <<< if this is what you meant then I apologize..

Last edited:
I know but terrain mapping I think only works at day time and in good weather conditions. GPS works in all weather conditions and any time of the day or night.

its terrain mapping, on the missile there is a image of the terrain loaded and the missile matches the terrain with the onboard data and follows the path to the target.

Thankyou for your kind information.

Gps and maps are two separate entities,
GPS = Global Positioning System - is a satellite based radio-navigation system
Maps are more like GUI - Graphical user interface e.g. a virtual representation roads network, which makes it easier for typical end user comprehend the information displayed. (without GUI useless information would be displayed I.e. chosen programing language/ binary).

So even if a GPS goes offline, the device being used, cannot work since it will not be able to guide the choice of transport, without knowing its current location, which is needed to guide a person in real-time, without a robust connection it would only be as useful as a standard paper Map. <<< if this is what you meant then I apologize..

Back
Top Bottom