What's new

Borei Class nuclear submarines for India?

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
India badly needs a modern submarine fleet. In recent years, Russia has begun building a new class of nuclear powered ballistic submarines, the Borei Class of vessels. Modi should pitch for these submarines.
If this requires cutting expenditures elsewhere, that should be done without any hesitation. Our relationship with Russia is too important to be left to the vicissitudes of indifferent foreign policy. The time to become proactive is now.

borei.JPG

Borei-class-submarine.jpeg

00-ria-novosti-infographics-ssbn-yuri-dolgoruky-2011.jpg

Gentlemen, Your thoughts and rants, Please.

Last edited:
Traditionally, defence has been a pivotal area of cooperation between India and Russia and the latter’s support has been unstinting. Here too, there has been drift in the last few years and some corrective action is much needed.

India badly needs a modern submarine fleet. In recent years, Russia has begun building a new class of nuclear powered ballistic submarines, the Borei Class of vessels. Modi should pitch for these submarines.
If this requires cutting expenditures elsewhere, that should be done without any hesitation. Our relationship with Russia is too important to be left to the vicissitudes of indifferent foreign policy. The time to become proactive is now.

View attachment 162389

Firstly, transferring a nuke submarine was a risky move for Russia. Now, a whole SSBN.

Even if it transferred, then by which weapon you gonna weaponize it, k-15? even we cant install a indian made weapon on a foreign sub.

I predict a sale. Do remember I said it today. 8-)

Now that is an intriguing prediction. However, the GoI policy has always been to keep the SFC assets and platforms clear of any "foreign" strings. Thus far, I have not heard of any changes to that.

How about Bulava SLBM s INSTEAD of Borei Submarines :yahoo:

It is the missile that kills not the submarine

Traditionally, defence has been a pivotal area of cooperation between India and Russia and the latter’s support has been unstinting. Here too, there has been drift in the last few years and some corrective action is much needed.

View attachment 162389

Bro how long can we depend on foreign countries , its high time we develop all these things in India or via JV . my $0.02.

Any inside info on this bro or just pure speculation?
BTW awesome weapon if inducted in Indian Arsenal.

Its a waste of such a wonderful platform, if it gonna weaponize with K-15. Even we cant weaponize a foreign platform with a missile, which have a range of more than 300 Km.

And Russia dont gonna transfer Bulva SSBN. Its a pure myth, it not gonna happen in this world.

It's a great submarine .But it's not possible to sell a nuclear to India . It's against international law I guess . But we can surely get help from Russians and build it on our own . Only way . I really wonder what stops India from getting submarine launched intercontinental ballistic missile technology under the table .? Chinese did it for decades not only with Russia but also from Israel. Just two of these submarines can with fully capable BM will surely keep china at bay ! Modi should look into this . If possible do send you idea to my gov . Com or .In . Search Google .

Please note these submarines are highly advanced than anything even Russians have . These kind of superior weapons are built to revamp Russian armed forces might. For war with west (Ukraine invasion). I don't think russia will give it or sell it to us . As they them self need borei class submarines.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom