What's new

BN Selects Aselsan's 30mm Smash Gun For Padma class Batch II OPV

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Aselsan 30mm Smash Gun has been selected for the five Padma class Batch II OPVs. Aselsan still has scope to supply at least 8 more units for BN's future ASuW LPCs and six 2000 tons OPVs. SMASH is a remotely operated stabilized weapon station fitted with 30mm Mk44 Bushmaster-II Canon.

SMASH configurations incorporate advanced features as remote operation, built-in electro-optic sensor system for autonomous operation, day and night operation, stabilized turret, automatic target tracking (detect, track and fire on the move) and ballistic computation.

SMASH System has a stabilized turret which enables the line-of-sight of the gun to be aimed at the target at all times. Due to the stabilization feature, the system can perform precise firings against stationary or moving targets while the platform is on-the-move.

System can be operated remotely by using the remote gun control unit and hence provides gunner protection against counter fire. Besides, SMASH System is capable of firing 200 rounds per minute with its dual feed 30mm automatic cannon.

As opposed to fixed sight systems used on 12.7mm STAMP and 25mm STOP systems, SMASH incorporates a seperately stabilized electroptical suit which can move in elevation and azimuth axes relative to gun. This ensures effective firing at long distances by enabling line-of-sight stay on the target at all times, even during the firing where ballistic correction is applied to the gun. The separately stabilized electroptical sight also enables surveillance and target tracking without aiming the gun to the target.

Details about Padma class Batch II :-

Length Overall
Breadth (Mld)
Depth (Mld)
Max. Speed
Draft
Special Feature of Vessel
Contract Signed between KSY & Owner Date
Delivery
Class
Marine Propulsion Diesel Engine Brand & Origin
Engine Power & Quantity
Generator Brand & Origin
Generator Capacity & Quantity
51.60 m.
7.5 m.
4.2 m.
21 knots.
2 m
1 x 30 mm Smash Gun, Aselsan, Turkey and 2 x 12.7 mm CIS 50 Machine Gun.
09 May 2019
31 Dec 2021 (for first two PC)(Extended).
CSS
MTU, Germany.
2270 kw, 2 nos
CAT, England
18 kw, 2 Nos

Aselsan 30mm Smash Gun has been selected for the five Padma class Batch II OPVs. Aselsan still has scope to supply at least 8 more units for BN's future ASuW LPCs and six 2000 tons OPVs. SMASH is a remotely operated stabilized weapon station fitted with 30mm Mk44 Bushmaster-II Canon.

SMASH configurations incorporate advanced features as remote operation, built-in electro-optic sensor system for autonomous operation, day and night operation, stabilized turret, automatic target tracking (detect, track and fire on the move) and ballistic computation.

SMASH System has a stabilized turret which enables the line-of-sight of the gun to be aimed at the target at all times. Due to the stabilization feature, the system can perform precise firings against stationary or moving targets while the platform is on-the-move.

System can be operated remotely by using the remote gun control unit and hence provides gunner protection against counter fire. Besides, SMASH System is capable of firing 200 rounds per minute with its dual feed 30mm automatic cannon.

As opposed to fixed sight systems used on 12.7mm STAMP and 25mm STOP systems, SMASH incorporates a seperately stabilized electroptical suit which can move in elevation and azimuth axes relative to gun. This ensures effective firing at long distances by enabling line-of-sight stay on the target at all times, even during the firing where ballistic correction is applied to the gun. The separately stabilized electroptical sight also enables surveillance and target tracking without aiming the gun to the target.

Length Overall
Breadth (Mld)
Depth (Mld)
Max. Speed
Draft
Delivery
Class
Engine Power & Quantity
Generator Brand & Origin
51.60 m.
7.5 m.
4.2 m.
21 knots.
2 m
09 May 2019
CSS
MTU, Germany.
2270 kw, 2 nos
CAT, England
18 kw, 2 Nos

Getting close with the Turks eh , sounds nice

Length Overall
Breadth (Mld)
Depth (Mld)
Max. Speed
Draft
Delivery
Class
Engine Power & Quantity
Generator Brand & Origin
51.60 m.
7.5 m.
4.2 m.
21 knots.
2 m
09 May 2019
CSS
MTU, Germany.
2270 kw, 2 nos
CAT, England
18 kw, 2 Nos

The biggest advantage of this in my opinion is the stabilisation against waves in the sea.
If the gun performs well, we should consider standardisation in all our ships.

Range up to 5km.... excellent for our petrol boats.

This has turned into a buffet where Bangladesh is an honored guest... Hmm they look tasty are these BMs? yes I will take them and what do we have here again are these CMs I will add them to the shopping cart--- take a look here this smells really good are these warships I will have some of them, wait what is that? It looks tasty are these air defensive systems Hisar-O I can't miss out on these, WOOW TFX great addition will snap these, no no no this can't be Submarines rais-Milden yeaaah mann will take them also.. Excuse me sir where do you have the armored V's and tanks I will also have some of these and while we at it can we add couple of helicopters and oh yeah I almost forgot plenty of drones... Before exiting the door wait a minute I forgot to add EW jammers and Radars + electonic warfare systems..

Come 2030: Pakistan and India be like What the actual fuk how is it possible Bangladesh has stronger Airforce, conventional ground forces and Navy than us and how did this happen in just a decade..

Bangladesh will be like... CASH, lobbying and brains combined

Last edited:
These are small petrol boats.... enough for their operational requirement.

BN might fit this in larger vessels like LPC and OPV. Specially LPC.

maybe enough to deal with foreign fishermen and smugglers

1625613853030.png

These are small petrol boats.... enough for their operational requirement.
US navy uses a similar system on their aircraft carrier with same specs. But I guess this lacks radar so range would be much less. I only see an optical IR sensor

Back
Top Bottom