Reaction score
No more languages to be declared official language - The Times of India

CMb-vzrU8AAjXha.jpg:large

Their is nothing new

PART XVII

OFFICIAL LANGUAGE

CHAPTER I.- LANGUAGE OF THE UNION

343. Official language of the Union.

(1) The official language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari script. The form of numerals to be used for the official purposes of the Union shall be the international form of Indian numerals.

(2)Notwithstanding anything in clause (1), for a period of fifteen years from the commencement of this Constitution, the English language shall continue to be used for all the official purposes of the Union for which it was being used immediately before such commencement: Provided that the President may, during the said period, by order_306authorise the use of the Hindi language in addition to the English language and of the Devanagari form of numerals in addition to the international form of Indian numerals for any of the official purposes of the Union.

(3) Notwithstanding anything in this article, Parliament may by law provide for the use, after the said period of fifteen years, of-

(a) the English language, or

(b) the Devanagari form of numerals, for such purposes as may be specified in the law.

English is continued till today and will be continued.

RSS agenda is Hindi-Hindu-Hindustan ..What else to expect?

While living with the Indians over years in the Gulf States, I observed that English is the popular language of Bharat. I observed thousands of South Indians to be unable to even understand Hindi.

I'm from a non-Hindi speaking region in India and I don't have anything against Hindi being the official language for communication. It makes only sense because, it is spoken by the largest number of people in India and many people even from non-Hindi speaking regions also understand Hindi.

Had there been any unfair treatment being done to my own mother tongue, then there would have been a problem. But, my mother tongue is one of the national languages of India and patronized by the state as well as center. So, all good there..

We should concentrate on real issues and try finding solutions, rather than creating issues out of nothing.

While living with the Indians over years in the Gulf States, I observed that English is the popular language of Bharat. I observed thousands of South Indians to be unable to even understand Hindi.
Yes, South Indians, in general have trouble in understanding Hindi, specially Tamils.

Last edited:
Yes, when there is a nation then a national language is required. English is after all a foreign language, it can't be a perfect substitute to the Indians.

At least one Indian language must be used Nationally, when ever i go to a different state i cant read the bus boards as they are in their local language...
It's India, the country with the largest diversity in the World. There are certain things that cannot be enforced. You will just have to learn to live with that.

Back
Top Bottom