What's new

Biharis and their sacrifices for Pakistan

Neither...BTW it was my grand parents who moved from UP & Maharastra & not me.
Alright,I was reading a column on Partition in a particular English Newspaper,I cannot recall which one.The paper says many of the middle class Families from Allahabad or Lucknow migrated to Pakistan during 1947.The paper even writes about the Hardships & the difficulties which the refugees had to undergo on both sides of Border. I was touched,felt extremly sad & even moved to know the plights of refugees. Yr mother tongue must be Bhojpuri,Marathi or Urdu.

Alright,I was reading a column on Partition in a particular English Newspaper,I cannot recall which one.The paper says many of the middle class Families from Allahabad or Lucknow migrated to Pakistan during 1947.The paper even writes about the Hardships & the difficulties which the refugees had to undergo on both sides of Border. I was touched,felt extremly sad & even moved to know the plights of refugees. Yr mother tongue must be Bhojpuri,Marathi or Urdu.

Most of Bihari /UP middle class families did not migrate in 1947. they came in later when Liaqat Ali Khan setup 11% quota in federal and 50%-100% quota in provincial jobs

That happened between 1948 and 1950, and many of our forefathers came in during post-partition peaceful period.

Hardship were only happening on route from Delhi to Lahore and those happened between July-September of 1947..

However many Biharis and UPites mix up the dates intentionally or due to their total ignorance of those days. I see this ignorance daily in Karachi Hyderabad area.

peace

My mother tongue is Urdu. My maternal grandmother used to speak fluent Marathi & Urdu. I remember when I was a kid & all relatives/cousins gather at her house, my grandmother tries to teach us Marathi but unfortunately no one was interested to learn(that age you know...playing was more important then learning).

And yes people faced severe hardships & difficulties en route to Pakistan both in terms of human casualties & financial loss. Some politician inspired Pakistani people will b@rk against this fact out of there political hatred but truth will remain truth no matter what.

Last edited:
I always find it a dark taint , that Pakistanis who loved Pakistan were left over in Bangladesh we could have easily resettled them in Balouchistan area

I sincerely hope Pakistan brings the trapped people back to Pakistan and help them with land proper guidance

There is ample room in country

To be honest after the invention of internet ,when I first heard about the story of people stuck in the occupied lands , I was very sad to see so many people stuck and no action to help bring the people who loved Pakistan back to Pakistan

Our media is only busy with promotion of election candidates and they do not focus on BIG issues like Kala Bagh dam or trapped Pakistanis in Occupied lands

200,000k - 300,000k number is not a large number can easily form a new city, and this action of no action from our government has really made me disappointed

The stranded Pakistanis deserve chance to live in free Pakistan - thank you

231_104_21a.jpg

A picture is worth million words

Last edited:
I always find it a dark taint , that Pakistanis who loved Pakistan were left over in Bangladesh we could have easily resettled them in Balouchistan area

I sincerely hope Pakistan brings the trapped people back to Pakistan and help them with land proper guidance

There is ample room in country

To be honest after the invention of internet ,when I first heard about the story of people stuck in the occupied lands , I was very sad to see so many people stuck and no action to help bring the people who loved Pakistan back to Pakistan

Our media is only busy with promotion of election candidates and they do not focus on BIG issues like Kala Bagh dam or trapped Pakistanis in Occupied lands

200,000k - 300,000k number is not a large number can easily form a new city, and this action of no action from our government has really made me disappointed

The stranded Pakistanis deserve chance to live in free Pakistan - thank you

231_104_21a.jpg

A picture is worth million words

Pakistan should work with BDesh to make sure those who are born in BDesh are given BDeshi citizenship.

Nope every one gets a citizenship in Pakistan and plot allocated and funds allocated by Pakistani government

If someone is stranded , its the job of their country to relocate them (they had citizenship of Pakistan when their country was occupied)

So pakistan needs to move them to mainland and make necessary arrangements to setup a village or city , and provide gradual budgeting to ensure they are settled properly

If Zardari clan can prosper , and allocat 1000-2000 acre land at will to their crew , I am sure we can find necessary land to fit in stranded citizens

200,000 - 300,000 people is size a small mid size city not alot of people

A football stadium fits 75,000 people for example

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom