What's new

Barbie and Oppenheimer combine for more than $500M opening global box office weekend

It's extremely niche, I'm surprised they even made that much. Only Nolan could pull a box office win like this out of his ***.
I bought tickets for Oppenheimer, I will be watching it today. I am so hyped :bounce:

Oppenheimer is a near perfect film. Nolan needed to trim 15 minutes off the interrogation scenes after the Trinity test, but otherwise it’s perfect. Murphy and Downey Jr. were amazing.
I saw the movie today. It was a good movie but it had the potential to be so much better. So many scenes were unnecessarily dragged especially the interrogation scenes. I wanted to see the dropping of the nuke on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Nolan could have also shot a few scenes about the Soviet nuclear program, showcasing their progress. Also, the first sex scene could have been sexier:ashamed:. Seeing all of these legendary scientists gave me goosebumps. I will watch it again next week Insha'Allah.
@jhungary @LeGenD @Goenitz
It's extremely niche, I'm surprised they even made that much. Only Nolan could pull a box office win like this out of his ***.

Gay Barbie.
I longer allow any of those new "children/ family movies" in my house.

I saw the movie today. It was a good movie but it had the potential to be so much better. So many scenes were unnecessarily dragged especially the interrogation scenes. I wanted to see the dropping of the nuke on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Nolan could have also shot a few scenes about the Soviet nuclear program, showcasing their progress. Also, the first sex scene could have been sexier:ashamed:. Seeing all of these legendary scientists gave me goosebumps. I will watch it again next week Insha'Allah.
@jhungary @LeGenD @Goenitz
I would be surprised for them to put in a sex scene at all....but then it still is a Nolan movie after all...

I would be surprised for them to put in a sex scene at all....but then it still is a Nolan movie after all...
That sex scene has sparked controversy among ultranationalist Indians. Don't try to find out why as you will find out why once you watch. That sex scene could have been incredible and I say this as someone who hates sex scenes in movies but for some reason, Nolan decided to keep it too short. It's a good movie and a veteran like you would definitely enjoy it. I was in complete awe of seeing all these legendary scientists come to life. Just hearing their names was enough to shake me to my core.

Last edited:
That sex scene has sparked controversy among ultranationalist Indians. Don't try to find out why as you will find out why once you watch. That sex scene could have been incredible and I say this as someone who hates sex scenes in movies but for some reason, Nolan decided to keep it too short. It's a good movie and a veteran like you would definitely enjoy it. I was in complete awe of seeing all these legendary scientists come to life. Just hearing their names was enough to shake me to my core.
lol, I know there is a sex scene, it's what most people talked about, but creatively, I don't know how this would be able to fit in a historical film, but again, as I said, Nolan film seems to be able to put one just about any film he shot.

Anyway, I fully get what you mean by looking at the historical giant who literally change the course of the world come to life, it's like I watch a movie about D-Day and looking at the like of Omar Bradley, Eisenhower or General Normal Cota re-enact how they do what they do during that life changing day. It gives you goosebumps

Back
Top Bottom