What's new

Balochistan PA wants Motorway extended to Quetta

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
535c86f5b2716.jpg

QUETTA: The Balochistan Assembly adopted a resolution on Saturday, demanding extension of the under-construction Lahore-Multan motorway to Quetta via Dera Ghazi Khan to promote the province’s trade with Punjab.

The resolution, tabled by opposition’s Haji Gul Mohammad, said that Balochistan was linked to Punjab through the national highway via Bolan but travel on the road, particularly its Quetta-Sibi section, was not safe for security reasons.

He said there was another road connecting the province to Dera Ghazi Khan via Loralai but its condition had deteriorated, rendering it unusable by heavy trucks.

Sardar Abdur Rehman Khetran, Syed Liaquat Agha and Obaidullah Babat supported the resolution and expressed the hope that the federal government would act upon it and extend the motorway project to Quetta.

Two other resolutions were adopted during the session presided over by Deputy Speaker Mir Qaddus Bizenjo.

One of them, moved by Shahida Rauf and Husan Bano, called upon the provincial government to build small dams for floodwaters, in areas surrounding the provincial capital in order to counter water shortage in the city.

The MPAs said that meeting water demand of the city had become a serious problem that the Quetta Development Authority and Metropolitan Corporation had failed to solve.

They proposed Kuchlak, Buleli, Kan Metherzai, Karak and Yaru as possible sites for small dams.

Nasrullah Zeray presented the third resolution, asking the federal government to award scholarships to poor students from Balochistan studying in different schools in Punjab.

They said the students were unable to pay their fees and scholarships under the Prime Minister’s Students Scholarship Scheme would help them continue their studies.

The chair admitted an adjournment motion tabled by Liaquat Agha about kidnapping for ransom incidents in Quetta and Hub. A debate will be held on the motion on April 30.

The session was adjourned till Monday.

Balochistan PA wants motorway extended to Quetta - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

This is how Motorway map will look like in 2017-18 when all are completed.

map-national-motorways.jpg

M-11 should be added to link Quetta with DG Khan. lenght will be about 450km.

Last edited:
Well Well these are the most Positive Resolutions Ever Come out of Balochistan Assembly and should be accepted Asap.
Motorway to the Capital of Balochistan is very Positive for Trade,Security,Development and having Good relationship to the Province cause it will provide Upper Punjab a Quick Entry To QUETTA and also look at Maps of Motorway All capitals of Pakistan Provinces are Connected with Motorway Except QUETTA and AJK Muzaffarabad.Its a Very Positive Request And you Guys Know what Really Amaze Me That Balochistan Finally Requested for Dams it doesn't Matter there small or Big it made me think finally Pakistani Politicians are getting There:yahoo::woot::cheers:

map-national-motorways.jpg

They should moreover consider building Gwadar-Quetta Motorway and Quetta-Peshawar Motorway

Waste of money at this point, look at the map. Quetta-DG Khan is best possible way to connect Quetta with rest of Pakistan which include Peshawar as well.

For Gwader-Quetta, hmm motorway can be build from Rotedero-Quetta. Maybe after Quetta-DG Khan section is completed. This way it will be connected to Sindh also and Gwader.

Last edited:
Waste of money at this point, look at the map. Quetta-DG Khan is possible way to connect Quetta with rest of Pakistan which include Peshawar as well.

Thats possible. In fact it would be great if there is less traffic on the M1 and M2.

They should moreover consider building Gwadar-Quetta Motorway and Quetta-Peshawar Motorway

Not feasible ... We are already connected with KPK through Zhob-Tank-DIK ... Apart from Zhob-DIK through danasar-Mughalkot route ..

Tank being the shortest reduced the timed to half..

Dg khan - Quetta all the way to Taftan. I would love to see this. Congraj balochistan Assembly.

Did they pass resolution to ask josh-e-hawai firing to build failed metro bus service along motorways and bag 70 billion.

Dg khan - Quetta all the way to Taftan. I would love to see this. Congraj balochistan Assembly.

More connectivity = more national trade = country becoming a 'melting pot' = success for our national integration program. :)

I wish for Pakistan to install high speed train network throughout the nation. It will not only promote, tourism and trade but also would forge strong bonds between people living in far flung areas as they would have the ease of travel. Pakistan's national integration program will succeed if we make inter provincial migration easy as.

More connectivity = more national trade = country becoming a 'melting pot' = success for our national integration program. :)

I wish for Pakistan to install high speed train network throughout the nation. It will not only promote, tourism and trade but also would forge strong bonds between people living in far flung areas as they would have the ease of travel. Pakistan's national integration program will succeed if we make inter provincial migration easy as.
I agree with you brother.

Very good Idea. Look at the KPK Punjab integration after construction of M1 and M2. Baluch areas should be integrated with motorway system

Back
Top Bottom