What's new

army rest/guest houses

There are PMA huts in Naran. Pretty good. Ask someone in the forces to check for vacancy and then book it for you.
Aoa
Sir how is it to stay at lady roberts guest house murree hows the service and rooms and please guide what is the tariff of room and suit for civilians these days.

Is there any army guest house in nathiagali and are taiffs same at all places.and guide abt room rates of lady roberts muree single rooms and suite
Regards
Saad

Aoa
Sir how is it to stay at lady roberts guest house murree hows the service and rooms and please guide what is the tariff of room and suit for civilians these days.

Is there any army guest house in nathiagali and are taiffs same at all places.and guide abt room rates of lady roberts muree single rooms and suite
Regards
Saad

Ws!

Firstly I'm no sir shir.

Now, I haven't ever stayed at Lady Roberts. So no idea about that place, sorry. I actually haven't stayed at Murree for than 10 years. It just isn't worth it anymore.

As far as Nathiagali is concerned, I'd suggest the Kalabagh Officers' Mess over any Army guest houses there. You'll just need a contact in the military. The fare, last time I visited there, was Rs.2000 I believe. Kalabagh is only a 15min drive from Nathiagali.

That said, there are a few huts up the slope of the Nathiagali hill. Take the road that goes up the mountain from the centre of the market. It twists and winds but you'll keep following it, ignoring any turns off the road. A little way up you'll see a private hut on your left. It is available for rent along with 2-3 more like it. This will be more expensive than Kalabagh but it's pretty worth it. The rates are subject to rapid change depending on the tourist traffic and the season. In the peak season expect them to be around 8k.

ps: Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town.

Sir How can I book rooms at kalabagh air base rest house or room? Also want to know the fare. Kindly guide me please

You need somebody in the armed forces. They will book the place for you and then you just go there and pay the rent. For a normal room in the officers' mess the rent for service men is around Rs.600 and for civi guests is around Rs.1400. You can get a suite too by paying more.

PAF's Kalabagh base has some nice suites, pretty place, a small ski slope above inside the base and its a 20 minute drive from Nathiagali. Its a nice, quiet, small town and doesn't have the tourist hordes that the other towns to the east have. At the same time all the other towns in the Galliyat and Murree (belgh!) are easily and quickly accessible from here.

Then there is a small army hut in Thandiani hilltop resort. This is an even prettier place, an hour or so away from Abottabad. You get gorgeous views of the Kashmiri mountains on one side of the town and the Kaghan mountains on the other. This, however, is a remote area with no other towns of note nearby. But you can get to Nathiagali or Abottabada form here within an hour and a half.

For the rest of the Galiyat I would recommend ditching the army rest house and going for the PTDC motels. But you would have to make reservations way in advance. Contact the people there to know what's the latest you can book a place. The places I would recommend would be Nathiagali or Ayubiya. Nathiagali will be more peaceful than Ayubiya, cleaner too. Murree, I don't even like going to, let alone staying at. Its been pretty much trashed for quite some while now.

There's a PTDC motel in Bhesham too. Its a couple hours or so further from Mansehra on the KKH. Pretty enough and very peaceful.

In Kaghan/Naran, again I would strongly recommend the PTDC motel in Naran. It's built right on the banks of the Kunhar river, across a small bridge over the stream coming from the Saifulmaluk, beyond the north north-east edge of the town of Naran. This place I would recommend you over all the others near Islamabad (Galliyat, Murree, Abottabad, Bhesham, etc.). The town of Naran has recently been inundated with tourists but they keep themselves between Shogran and the town of Naran and then up to the Saifulmaluk. Starting from the PTDC motel up till the Babusar Pass the places are virtually untouched from annoying tourists and spectacularly beautiful. The road beyond Naran itself is something to be experienced and enjoyed. There are quite a few lakes beyond Naran too, e.g. Lulusar, Dudipat, etc. Gorgeous places. Plenty of angling opportunities for rainbow trout (you'll need an inexpensive permit which you can get in 15 minutes from Naran), small islands in the middle of the Kunhar river with tea huts, tens of easy trekking routes which you can explore, and much more.

But if you decide that you wouldn't mind going further up north, let me know. I have a brilliant little hut in mind. Ranjit Singh used to spend his summers there. The place was restored by the army but can be booked by a civi as well.

Salaamo alaikum Sir,
This is gold! Subhaan Allah. Thank you so much for your detailed answer-it really helps me in choosing a spot in'shaAllah for when we visit. My daughter is getting married and I didn't know whom to ask or what to do. This helped tremendously. We plan to visit around this year July-22nd or so. Please keep us in you duas.

Salaamo alaikum Sir,
This is gold! Subhaan Allah. Thank you so much for your detailed answer-it really helps me in choosing a spot in'shaAllah for when we visit. My daughter is getting married and I didn't know whom to ask or what to do. This helped tremendously. We plan to visit around this year July-22nd or so.

Walaikum Salam Ma'am,

The info in that post is a little outdated since it's six years old now. Road conditions, tourist activity and available lodging has changed a bit. Nothing to worry though, I am still here. Please let me know if I could help you with your trip in any way.

Also, I assure you, I am no sir.

Please keep us in you duas.

Insha'Allah, will do. And congratulations on your daughter's wedding, may the couple always remain happy and prosperous.

thanks mate for your reply could you tell me more about this place?
do you mean khanpur? or khanpur dam?
or its something else?

From what I remember the place is about 1 hour drive from murree the name was definatly khanaspur. It's was some kind of military place now turned into a guest house very scenic , surrounded by thick trees , rooms have nice views over looking the mountains , much less crowded than murree .. When I went they never had any heating facility we were told they are installing soon. Good service and food I will ask the friend who took us there will u know the exact name of the place as soon as I hear from him. U may need a referal to book a space there
[/QUOTE]
Pak marine
Hi please can anyone guide me about the army messes or army guest houses available in or near naran . i will really appreciate precise information about it thanks

Hi please can you guide me about the army rest houses or messes near or in naran will highly appreciate . just want to know what my options are regarding army guest houses near or in naran thanks
Is that for officers or sepoy can also be facilitated

You need somebody in the armed forces. They will book the place for you and then you just go there and pay the rent. For a normal room in the officers' mess the rent for service men is around Rs.600 and for civi guests is around Rs.1400. You can get a suite too by paying more.

PAF's Kalabagh base has some nice suites, pretty place, a small ski slope above inside the base and its a 20 minute drive from Nathiagali. Its a nice, quiet, small town and doesn't have the tourist hordes that the other towns to the east have. At the same time all the other towns in the Galliyat and Murree (belgh!) are easily and quickly accessible from here.

Then there is a small army hut in Thandiani hilltop resort. This is an even prettier place, an hour or so away from Abottabad. You get gorgeous views of the Kashmiri mountains on one side of the town and the Kaghan mountains on the other. This, however, is a remote area with no other towns of note nearby. But you can get to Nathiagali or Abottabada form here within an hour and a half.

For the rest of the Galiyat I would recommend ditching the army rest house and going for the PTDC motels. But you would have to make reservations way in advance. Contact the people there to know what's the latest you can book a place. The places I would recommend would be Nathiagali or Ayubiya. Nathiagali will be more peaceful than Ayubiya, cleaner too. Murree, I don't even like going to, let alone staying at. Its been pretty much trashed for quite some while now.

There's a PTDC motel in Bhesham too. Its a couple hours or so further from Mansehra on the KKH. Pretty enough and very peaceful.

In Kaghan/Naran, again I would strongly recommend the PTDC motel in Naran. It's built right on the banks of the Kunhar river, across a small bridge over the stream coming from the Saifulmaluk, beyond the north north-east edge of the town of Naran. This place I would recommend you over all the others near Islamabad (Galliyat, Murree, Abottabad, Bhesham, etc.). The town of Naran has recently been inundated with tourists but they keep themselves between Shogran and the town of Naran and then up to the Saifulmaluk. Starting from the PTDC motel up till the Babusar Pass the places are virtually untouched from annoying tourists and spectacularly beautiful. The road beyond Naran itself is something to be experienced and enjoyed. There are quite a few lakes beyond Naran too, e.g. Lulusar, Dudipat, etc. Gorgeous places. Plenty of angling opportunities for rainbow trout (you'll need an inexpensive permit which you can get in 15 minutes from Naran), small islands in the middle of the Kunhar river with tea huts, tens of easy trekking routes which you can explore, and much more.

But if you decide that you wouldn't mind going further up north, let me know. I have a brilliant little hut in mind. Ranjit Singh used to spend his summers there. The place was restored by the army but can be booked by a civi as well.
Thanks, Brother for providing the great help a few years back. I am planning again to visit Pakistan in July? August 2022 and I would like to spend 5/7 days exploring Skardu/Hunza. The last time I visited Skardu was in 2004 and Hunza 1n 1991 and I bet things have changed big time since then ;).could you recommend any scenic beauty spot around Skardu and Hunza surroundings to stay for a couple of nights each? I will also like to know the LITTLE HUT you mentioned in your previous reply a few years back where Maharaja Ranjeet stayed.I have been to Shangri-La etc so like to avoid the lake if possible.Again your help will be much appreciated.
Regards
Naeem

I wish Army could stay away from businesses and behave like any other institute of Pakistan. But it seems it will remain a dream and consequently Prosperous Pakistan will also remain a dream. Apologies for being a vocal bloody civilian.

Back
Top Bottom