What's new

Armed forces to stay out of politics, says Gen Bajwa

How are you staying away from politics if you are doing political things in the US!?

On reviving the ailing economy, I hope they visit New York (Wall Street) and speak with some investment firms to learn what Pakistan actually has to do to attract FDI.

So that they will learn how easy it is to spook investors and have capital flight, as well as what it take to bring investors back. Financing is about to get a whole lot more expensive, as the whole world goes into recession. Counting on the people (in Pakistan and Abroad) to financially bailout the political mess is going to get harder. A real social contract is needed with the public as a first step.
Which military chief does that in any of the civilized and normal countries.

Is that his job now as well, after being Chief of Army, Chief Foreign Officer, Chief Interior Minster, Chief economist, Chief strategic thinker, Chief Information Minister and now Chief Investment Officer....

Which military chief does that in any of the civilized and normal countries.

Is that his job now as well, after being Chief of Army, Chief Foreign Officer, Chief Interior Minster, Chief economist, Chief strategic thinker, Chief Information Minister and now Chief Investment Officer....

I think you misunderstood what I meant. It’s not that they should be running these things, but they need to see how hard it is and how hard it’s going to be with the upcoming recession to attract investment once many that are willing to invest are scared away by the political instability. There is a reason beyond a certain point, in the 80s and 90s, many East Asian countries, decreased the influence of the military and committed to a new social contract between the people (including entrepreneurs and investors) and the politicians that led to faster economic growth.

Bureaucratic economists/ economic professionals should be producing guidance recommendations and educated politicians should be running the economy, but that if all the various domestic power brokers want out country to be a “normal” country.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom