What's new

Arjun MK-2 tanks facing Smokey driver chamber in latest tests

anup

Reaction score
Country
India
According to the latest media reports , Arjun MK-2 is facing some technical issues with its main barrel Gun , Reports says while carrying out Anti tank missile tests by Arun MK-2 at Pokhran in Rajasthan this August, during this tests smoke out of the barrel gun was filling up the driver chamber .This problem has serious risk of choking it’s driver due to smoke inhalations.

Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is also aware of this problem and is working on a fix for it , recent issues with the Arjun MK-2 will push Induction of Arjun MK-2 in to Indian army to late 2015 . Indian army has carried out over 60 tests on Arjun MK-2 till date and have tested Improvements and modifications carried over on Arjun MK-2 over Arjun MK-1 .

Indian Army has asked for total of 93 upgrades, including 13 major improvements. The major upgrades would be missile-firing capability against long-range targets, panoramic sight with night vision to engage targets effectively at night, containerisation of the ammunition, enhanced main weapon penetration; additional ammunition types, explosive reactive armour, an advanced air-defence gun to engage helicopters; a mine plough, an advanced land navigation system and a warning system which can fire smoke grenades to confuse laser guidance.Other upgrades are an enhanced Auxiliary power unit providing 8.5 KW (from 4.5 KW) and an improved gun barrel,changes in the commander’s panoramic sight with eye safe LRF, night vision capability including for driver, digital control harness, new final drive, track and sprocket.

minor issue army must except this tank and order more 500 tank with other modification

The Arjun is based on the leopard 2. It has many foreign components including the engine. This program has cost allot of money and delivered very little. The tank is far too heavy for the desert or mountains.

there is no point in an indigenous tank when almost everything that matters technologically is sourced from outside and assembled here.

this is a faulty mechanism.arjun has been running for a decade now(active program)

why dosen't govt give concessions to private industries to contribute??sure they don't see much profits and are unwilling but at least make them concessions so that they can at least consider it rather than asking drdo to import stuff and assemble a tank

now pls fanboys don't start posting details of whats indigenous in arjun and whats not,i know it well enough.

i am only punching holes in faulty planning.

on the topic though at least 500 should be inducted for the venture to turn profitable

LOL! Its undergoing trials and none of you guys have any clue about product development processes :wacko:

WHEN IT COMES TO DRDO................there is simply no timeline at all

they are just above thes worldly timelines,lol

According to the latest media reports , Arjun MK-2 is facing some technical issues with its main barrel Gun , Reports says while carrying out Anti tank missile tests by Arun MK-2 at Pokhran in Rajasthan this August, during this tests smoke out of the barrel gun was filling up the driver chamber .This problem has serious risk of choking it’s driver due to smoke inhalations.

Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is also aware of this problem and is working on a fix for it , recent issues with the Arjun MK-2 will push Induction of Arjun MK-2 in to Indian army to late 2015 . Indian army has carried out over 60 tests on Arjun MK-2 till date and have tested Improvements and modifications carried over on Arjun MK-2 over Arjun MK-1 .

Indian Army has asked for total of 93 upgrades, including 13 major improvements. The major upgrades would be missile-firing capability against long-range targets, panoramic sight with night vision to engage targets effectively at night, containerisation of the ammunition, enhanced main weapon penetration; additional ammunition types, explosive reactive armour, an advanced air-defence gun to engage helicopters; a mine plough, an advanced land navigation system and a warning system which can fire smoke grenades to confuse laser guidance.Other upgrades are an enhanced Auxiliary power unit providing 8.5 KW (from 4.5 KW) and an improved gun barrel,changes in the commander’s panoramic sight with eye safe LRF, night vision capability including for driver, digital control harness, new final drive, track and sprocket.

Source please.... I have searched and searched ... but no news with this kind of information is available on internet.

Paste the source or else this is a fake thread.

yes, i can laugh on jokers ... and thats what i am doing in my first post here :)

you know they say, if you laugh like that then you are...:cuckoo:, Dude do you seriously think we link everything to ISI, like you do to RAW?...the conspiracy theory works for you guys, not for us..

Stop advertising your ideas, in India it doest sell!

lol!!i was thinking the same..i'l give the examination next year :partay:
Best of luck young India!!:toast_sign:

The Arjun is based on the leopard 2. It has many foreign components including the engine. This program has cost allot of money and delivered very little. The tank is far too heavy for the desert or mountains.

It's weight, at around 65 tons, is comparable with the M1A2 Abrams tank. It's not the weight itself that matters though. It's actually the amount of ground pressure(kg/sq cm) that a tank exerts that determines whether it will get bogged down into sandy/marshy terrain. The ground pressure of the Arjun Mk 1 was the best in comparison to other heavy tanks. the mk2 is expected to offer a very competitive ground pressure value as well.

DRDO will outsource arjun tank development to Israel or Russia in near future. lol

Back
Top Bottom