What's new

Are PN Sonar Officer's trained as good as the French "The Wolf's Call" (Netflix) ?

faani83

Reaction score
Country
Canada
As it is always said its the man behind the machine. How well trained our PN Sonar Officer's are? Is it as detailed and as closed to French's WOLF Warriors as we operate their subs? As PN is increasing its sub force and aspiring to be a blue water navy to counter balance IN. What are your thoughts?

As it is always said its the man behind the machine. How well trained our PN Sonar Officer's are? Is it as detailed and as closed to French's WOLF Warriors as we operate their subs? As PN is increasing its sub force and aspiring to be a blue water navy to counter balance IN. What are your thoughts?
INS Musore passed directly over Hangor along with western command and they had no idea the sub was there... while Hangor knew where they would be and moved there withing few days just by predicting so I guess PN sonar officers were good back then... now ? Who knows we can only assume

As it is always said its the man behind the machine. How well trained our PN Sonar Officer's are? Is it as detailed and as closed to French's WOLF Warriors as we operate theresubs? As PN is increasing its sub force and aspiring to be a blue water navy to counter balance IN. What are your thoughts?
The guy in the movie is an actor. This is not reality. In our waters there is a lot of noise from small fishing boats with old diesel engines to guys masturbating. IN has been picking up the rapid movements from our Sheedi brothers as the sounds from our AIP subs.

Last edited:
Today its not about how good are the ears of the COM SONAR personnel rather how big is the sonar signature sound assessment library of the on board SONAR COMPUTER system for modern ships and submarines
PNS/M Hangor sank an Indian ship INS Kukri in 1971, long before Netflix.

They are very capable.

Those were simple days!

Technology is being changed with rapid pace and obviously, its need of time to absorb it and have command over it. I can see, in recent years, a lot of new state of the art tech are being introduced in PN and it will take some time to have competency over them.
Overall, moving in right direction.

This is a stupid movie which i turned off after 30 min, lol the sub surfaces against an ASHW chopper and a bloke shoots it down with an rpg😂, enough said i guess.

If u want to see a real sub movie and see real sonar work, look up the German masterpiece Das Boot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom