What's new

ARDE develops modern sub-machine carbine for Army

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
"We are replacing the conventional carbines with lightweight single hand firing capability MSMC, which has new ammunition. All technical trials are successfully over. The carbine has now been handed over to the Army for field trials for one year," Director of ARDE Anil Datar told Sakal Times.
Sakal Times - ARDE develops modern sub-machine carbine for Army

6XRo412.jpg

should go for bullpup design.it allows to use a longer barrel and still maintain a compact size.Longer barrel = higher accuracy.

should go for bullpup design.it allows to use a longer barrel and still maintain a compact size.Longer barrel = higher accuracy.

Buying from abroad? Or do you want ARDE to redesign this gun again after all the trials it went through?? And wait for god knows how many more years?

While these are waiting to be replaced.

images

Why do you need higher accuracy in a short range carbine that is suitable only for close quarter battle? One normally fires such CQB weapons in auto/semi auto mode from the 'hip position'. In other words, you don't need longer barrels for such weapons that would add unnecessary weight.

Buying from abroad? Or do you want ARDE to redesign this gun again after all the trials it went through?? And wait for god knows how many more years?

While these are waiting to be replaced.

images

I am talking about a logical choice here from technical point if view.

Congrats more & more desi maal is being integrated into the army

I am talking about a logical choice here from technical point if view.

Going for a bullpup design is a complete waste of time after all the trials and now that it's finally in army trials. There's really nothing logical about it.

Only bulllpop submachine gun in the market that I know of is the Chinese one.

type05smg2.jpg

damn @Abingdonboy i was about to tell you about this in my mail...This projct is hardly 10 to 12mnths old and they made it one. Projects moving fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn @Abingdonboy i was about to tell you about this in my mail...This projct is hardly 10 to 12mnths old and they made it one. Projects moving fast.

The MSMC project is older then 10 to 12 months.

albums_e324_romypaliwal_INSASCarbine.jpg

dsc00443ly.jpg

MSMC+Poster.JPG

It's been trialing and have been redesigned for a couple of years.

Last edited by a moderator:
[/B]
Why do you need higher accuracy in a short range carbine that is suitable only for close quarter battle? One normally fires such CQB weapons in auto/semi auto mode from the 'hip position'. In other words, you don't need longer barrels for such weapons that would add unnecessary weight.

What if a terrorist happens to be firing from a window some 150 metres away ? do you change the gun to shoot him down? My point is,a little versatility would be better,it may come handy at times.

VVspecnaz_38-L.jpg

Russian PP-2000 counter insurgency drill

What if a terrorist happens to be firing from a window some 150 metres away ? do you change the gun to shoot him down? My point is,a little versatility would be better,it may come handy at times.

There will be others in the team that can tackle him.

IMG_9276.jpg

The MSMC project is older then 10 to 12 months.

albums_e324_romypaliwal_INSASCarbine.jpg

dsc00443ly.jpg

MSMC+Poster.JPG

It's been trialing and have been redesigned for a couple of years.

Sorry my bad. One more carbine is being developed which is proposed 10 month back... I dont know much about guns. I thought this is what i was knowing

Back
Top Bottom