What's new

An aircraft carrier for China?

Originally posted by melb4aust@Mar 26 2006, 12:53 PM
Well who said PLN cant figt a war away from its shore. It has got all the capability to do that, same like US and few other countries. The only thing which makes the difference is the "history", US was fought many wars in the last 5 decades. And how many chinese have fought? So you cant really point the capabilities.

US is more aggressive country as compared to China. At the moment China is most concerned about building its fast growing economy. They are not interested to downsize any other nation, as US do! I am pointing at INDO-US relations. You know what i mean...
[post=7808]Quoted post[/post]​

well said......... btw china has develped its electronic bomb for usa carriers.......
<div class='bbimg'>
a7de9c40dc68d78027733e96392e8854.jpg
</div>

Originally posted by master_fx@Mar 26 2006, 10:17 PM
well said......... btw china has develped its electronic bomb for usa carriers.......
[post=7831]Quoted post[/post]​

whats its supposed to do? please explain

is it something like Electromagnetic warfare? maybe knock out radars?

Originally posted by melb4aust@Mar 26 2006, 06:23 PM
Well who said PLN cant figt a war away from its shore. It has got all the capability to do that, same like US and few other countries.
Currently PLAN cannot operate beyond the range of its shore based PLANAF. A naval fleet without air cover in an operational senario and away from its shore is a sitting duck.

Originally posted by A.Rahman@Mar 27 2006, 12:46 PM
whats its supposed to do? please explain

is it something like Electromagnetic warfare? maybe knock out radars?
[post=7859]Quoted post[/post]​
It is supposed to melt the circuits of any electronic device within its effective area. This does not explode but emits short, high-energy pulses in gigawatts.

The problem with such a huge E-bomb (as showed in the post above) is transporting it close to the target.

Originally posted by sword9@Mar 27 2006, 08:40 PM
Currently PLAN cannot operate beyond the range of its shore based PLANAF. A naval fleet without air cover in an operational senario and away from its shore is a sitting duck.
[post=7875]Quoted post[/post]​

I didnt read ur whole article before, but i do understand ur point.

they can defend their self, but they cant go aggressive and is mainly due to the lack of an aircraft carrier, i can agree u if they dont have 1 but if they have then i would stick with my point.

And thats what the discussion is about in this forum, that they are gonna launch 1 very soon.

Originally posted by sword9@Mar 27 2006, 10:40 AM
[post=7875]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont think so. It depends on your oponent like always. If the opponent doesn&#39;t have the air cover same like you then i believe it is a fair game. :cool:

Originally posted by Zeeshan S.@Mar 30 2006, 06:09 AM
I dont think so. It depends on your oponent like always. If the opponent doesn&#39;t have the air cover same like you then i believe it is a fair game. :cool:
[post=8123]Quoted post[/post]​

Its noit a fiar game.PLAN as in this case is fighting away from its shores while the adversary very close to its shores.

Even the AF of china wud be stretched.

Name the PLAN ships that wud be able to guard and maintain the supply .

Originally posted by melb4aust@Mar 26 2006, 12:53 PM
Well who said PLN cant figt a war away from its shore. It has got all the capability to do that, same like US and few other countries. The only thing which makes the difference is the "history", US was fought many wars in the last 5 decades. And how many chinese have fought? So you cant really point the capabilities.

[post=7808]Quoted post[/post]​

China can not fight a war away from its shores. Firstly it will lack airpower because no Aircraft Carriers. Secondly it doesnt have any long range cruise Missiles that can be launched in Large quantitites from its destroyers with pinpoint accuracy like the U.S. can with its Tomahawk.

In fact the only Power Projection that China has is in defeating Navies of Nations that have no good airforce and Navies with no Aircraft Carriers. E.g. Indonesia, Phillipines, Bangladesh, Oman, Yemen.

i am sure a carrier will be build in a few years.......(possibly varyarg)
and it will be stationed somewhere near Haina.... recently the harbor just finished building up a anti-sub system.

China should focus more on fielding more advance AEGIS type Destroyers and Frigates in large numbers along with more advance subs like Kilos, Songs, and Nuclear powered Type 93.

Of course in the near future they should really consider getting an Aircraft carrier or two into service but for the time being its best to focus on more ships for PLAAN.

Back
Top Bottom