What's new

am i allowed/not allowed to bring my DJI mavic pro into Pakistan?

Zyzz

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have read a few posts on a couple other Pakistan forums where people reported their Drones being seized by the customs and some girl got a call from the agency because a couple of bystanders saw her flying it in her village!
but after researching, some sites say it is perfectly allowed as long as we don't fly near any millitary bases or over crowds.
I saw a couple of drone footage at high altitude also on Youtube and few months back, someone from my village brought a drone from the UK and used it at his cousin's wedding..

I am not sure what to believe tbh. too risky, imagine going to Pakistan and at the Islamabad airport, the customs officer seizes my drone and hands it to his fugly kids(unless of course i pay them a fee... 10k rupees last i checked).

I have read a few posts on a couple other Pakistan forums where people reported their Drones being seized by the customs and some girl got a call from the agency because a couple of bystanders saw her flying it in her village!
but after researching, some sites say it is perfectly allowed as long as we don't fly near any millitary bases or over crowds.
I saw a couple of drone footage at high altitude also on Youtube and few months back, someone from my village brought a drone from the UK and used it at his cousin's wedding..

I am not sure what to believe tbh. too risky, imagine going to Pakistan and at the Islamabad airport, the customs officer seizes my drone and hands it to his fugly kids(unless of course i pay them a fee... 10k rupees last i checked).
Some of my friends travelled with drones and there was no problem..

Last edited:

People have drones flying at their weddings these days. Drones are not the problem, haramnosh customs officers? Another matter all together.

the problem is not drone but its use . if you use it near military installations air ports air bases and other sensitive places like high level gov offices etc then its a problem normally you can bring and use it

Legally allowed,
but customs officers at airports are kings and have their own laws.
If you can tackle them, you can bring whatever you want.

Some of my friends travelled with drones and but there was no problem..

How did they pack it? any special bag for the battery?

People have drones flying at their weddings these days. Drones are not the problem, haramnosh customs officers? Another matter all together.

You're right tbh, it would be those cunts that mess things up, I've seen many videos of them online being exposed yet they never get fired?

the problem is not drone but its use . if you use it near military installations air ports air bases and other sensitive places like high level gov offices etc then its a problem normally you can bring and use it

DJI actually has got maps built for the drone that show the no fly zones tbh, one of the most advanced, secure, & popular drones, DJI is like Apple of the drone market.
I plan on flying it in my village and Pindi if possible.

This is my drone btw

This was the thread that i was talking about from the other Pakistani forum where some girl got calls from Pakistan agency

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/t/how-to-get-a-drone-permit-in-pakistan/797462/10

She flew it in her village and got in trouble for it.

51tXA-m1L4L._SL1024_.jpg

Legally allowed,
but customs officers at airports are kings and have their own laws.
If you can tackle them, you can bring whatever you want.

any idea how i can avoid them? hide my drone underneath clothes in the checked luggage?? i don't want to pay 10k rupees, that is too much.

Bump for answers
It's just customs bastards strong arm them or deal cleverly and show them you know what's the law and act like a big shot they won't raise a finger;
Generally I have a particular hatred against the culture of fearing powerful men , but you have to show it to those custom people,
I have done this several times where I'd be stopped for completely normal goods( and because I looked like a easy young target ) , just act like your related to a big shot and ask them the names of their managers or commanding officers

Every country has strict rules about the usage of drones in particular areas. Pakistan is by no means an exception. You need to enquire for every area you want to fly the drone whether this is permitted. Flying without permission i.e. a proper permit could lead to confiscation and a fine.

It's just customs bastards strong arm them or deal cleverly and show them you know what's the law and act like a big shot they won't raise a finger;
Generally I have a particular hatred against the culture of fearing powerful men , but you have to show it to those custom people,
I have done this several times where I'd be stopped for completely normal goods( and because I looked like a easy young target ) , just act like your related to a big shot and ask them the names of their managers or commanding officers

Every country has strict rules about the usage of drones in particular areas. Pakistan is by no means an exception. You need to enquire for every area you want to fly the drone whether this is permitted. Flying without permission i.e. a proper permit could lead to confiscation and a fine.

Lol i've decided not to bring my drone. too risky + it's getting windy and flying a drone in windy conditions isn't ideal.

Back
Top Bottom