What's new

After visiting Beijing, Macron changed his position towards the United States

you don’t understand. Politics is much like a zoo or a jungle. you can only be independent if you are the king in the jungle. That’s why small and medium nations tend to group together to provide more security for the whole group. Then you need a top dog to lead the group. There are just few countries in the world that can be the top dog, China is one, US is one. Russia is not. USSR was one.

Second, it’s easier when those countries have similar culture, identical world view. The EU leans on the US for the same reasons. That’s we call the west.
China is not making coalitions or allies like the US now that has more than 50 countries in the world as its allies. SCO and BRICS are not like NATO and G7 that are military alliance and block. You use the old Soviet model to describe China that is not correct. What you describe fits US led and controlled West.

Last edited:
China is not making coalitions or allies like the US now that has more than 50 countries in the world as its allies. SCO and BRICS are not like NATO and G7 that are military alliance and block. You use the old Soviet model to describe China that is not correct. What you describe fits US led and controlled West.
That’s because China still sees itself as Middle Kingdom, and pursues a policy of self isolation. That latter is outdated you probably know it. Russia is finished. Vietnam can no longer rely on Russia. We can’t lean on the US either. The only option is remaining neutral and hoping for the best.

Or China reinvents itself and reestablish a military alliance. I am pretty sure we will be the first to join a China military led alliance.

That’s because China still sees itself as Middle Kingdom, and pursues a policy of self isolation. That latter is outdated you probably know it. Russia is finished. Vietnam can longer rely on Russia. We can’t lean on the US either. The only option is remaining neutral and hoping for the best.

Or China reinvents itself and reestablish a military alliance. I am pretty sure we will be the first to join a China military led alliance.
I don't think China has the interest in creating alliances or blocks in the future. You don't understand Chinese philosophy.

Back
Top Bottom