What's new

Afghanistan Bans Full Face Veils

The issue of it all is that if you impose such a rule there will be resistance, even from the women. If you take away a woman's right to be clothed the way she wants to be, you are taking away a key civil liberty.

In that case a determined woman may think, no option let me blow myself up and kill a few of these governmental types to teach them a lesson.

Point I'm making is that as you impose moral rules you impose lack of recourse other than terrorism. Terrorism doesn't happen for the fun of it, somewhere we screwed up big time to make it happen.

I mean sure you can enforce the ban and say that hey all those women who were pressurized will now not be, and the few who weren't who cares eh? Let's expand on that example.

If someone makes the law, that we all have to be homosexuals, to ensure homosexuals can safely have sex with each other, then what will we do? Some who are gay, will go by as normal, some gays who care about civil liberties will do what I am doing right now about women's freedom and speak on the rights of heterosexuals to choose to have sex with whichever gender they want to. True civil liberties proponents won't say allow same gender intercourse or allow mixed gender intercourse, they will say choose as you want to do. The ones who will pick a side are either fakers or have ulterior motives driven by silly phobias and ideals.

So what would a heterosexual do then? First go to court, court will say sorry that's the law. Then? Leave the country, sorry no money to apply for US visa. Then? Ok lets blow stuff up and take everybody else down too!

What you're proposing with veils is no different in terms of taking away the choice.

The issue about pressurizing and security are both your own failures, why isn't your law enforcement system strong enough to prevent that when your law clearly states its open to all. When I say speeding on the road is not allowed, law enforcement places radar guns on streets, patrol cars, pursuit cars to prevent speeding drivers. Solutions exist to ensure the no speeding law is followed, why don't you make any solution to ensure burkha is worn freely and removed freely by the woman's choice only and how you do it is your problem. If you don't figure it out you should quit or go to jail for failing to do an important part of your job.

I don't know why we are so hung up about these veils. My mother informed me that when she went to Haj there is a rule that they have to have no veil in our holiest places. If people want a veil its a matter for them the state should not interfere

I mean sure you can enforce the ban and say that hey all those women who were pressurized will now not be, and the few who weren't who cares eh? Let's expand on that example.

If someone makes the law, that we all have to be homosexuals, to ensure homosexuals can safely have sex with each other, then what will we do? Some who are gay, will go by as normal, some gays who care about civil liberties will do what I am doing right now about women's freedom and speak on the rights of heterosexuals to choose to have sex with whichever gender they want to. True civil liberties proponents won't say allow same gender intercourse or allow mixed gender intercourse, they will say choose as you want to do. The ones who will pick a side are either fakers or have ulterior motives driven by silly phobias and ideals.

You don't see the fallacy in your argument? You are not expanding on the example but going across the entire spectrum to the opposite side with the gay analogy.

Gays are a small minority. Muslim women who wear the veil under pressure of some sort are the overwhelming majority.

You cannot cater to a minority at the cost of the overwhelming majority. You can at most protect the minority from the majority.

"Free choice" is the only and last recourse left to intelligent muslims who inherently know that the veil is wrong.

Well, in that case if that's what it takes, then for modern society at large, the only workaround will perforce need to be in a similar vein - "against the culture of the land" or "national interest" or "security risk."

The greatest good for the greatest number. And find a way to protect those left behind - if at all.

impossible , impossible , impossible....
it is part of our religion and culture and we feel proud of it ,
it is impossible........ not even 1% possible atleast in PAKHTOON belt....
Sir it was april fool by the way in Lahore april fool has resulted in two deaths

I like women to wear veil in front of other nasty men but myself like them naked. ;-)

In a sudden and
shocking move,
Afghanistan’s President
Hamid Karzai has
authorized a ban on
wearing full veils in public places. This revolutionary
action makes Afghanistan the first
Islamic country
to impose restrictions
on a form of attire that many Muslims
consider a religious obligation.

Are you sure? Cause I know Iran under the Shah banned it and in Turkey I think full wear was also banned. my Albanian friend in high school told me that they don't allow headscarves in Albania. I think this article is dubious

I don't know why we are so hung up about these veils. My mother informed me that when she went to Haj there is a rule that they have to have no veil in our holiest places. If people want a veil its a matter for them the state should not interfere
In the holy place of HARAM the full veil or hijaab does not apply....is not allowed over there...cuz pplz can't look at each others woemn cuz its a sacred place...other than that all over the world the veil is must .....Sir!!!....

Why should we do more than what Islam says?
In Afghanistan,women's rights are denied most of the times and all of these are because of stupid cultural traditions.Taliban damaged Afghan culture very bad.

No offence bro, but how are Pakistan and Iran any different?

Good for them!

Backwardistan goes hip!

In the holy place of HARAM the full veil or hijaab does not apply....is not allowed over there...cuz pplz can't look at each others woemn cuz its a sacred place...other than that all over the world the veil is must .....Sir!!!....
Sir in some situations orders are different in most times you can't make you namaz qaza at any cost but in when travelling you can joing you prayers Sir

Back
Top Bottom