What's new

'Afghan Malala' speaks up for Kabul's refugee children

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Article here, excerpts below:

KABUL: At the age of just 14, Afghan rights activist Aziza Rahimzada has already surmounted legal hurdles preventing 25,000 refugee children from attending school, and cajoled authorities into providing tap water to a camp housing more than 100 families.

Now she has been nominated for the International Children's Peace Prize ─ an award previously won by Malala Yousafzai ─ and, like her Pakistani counterpart, hopes to spread her message of universal education and fundamental rights for Afghanistan's youth.

poor girl, going to be abused 100x more than Malala by both Afghans as well as Pakistanis now.
seriously pity her.

Interesting title "Afghan Malala". Pakistani Malala was actually named after Afghan historical and folk lore figure, a young woman, who died in the battle of Maiwand while encouraging men to fight against invaders. Malala Yusufzai was named after her, as she has mentioned in her book. There is even very famous nasheed of Afghan-Taliban, "Maiwand sangar" in which Malala of Maiwand is mentioned. In 2005-07 there was Malala Joya in Afghan parliament who spoke up against presence of war criminals in Parliament, and subsequently stepped down. In 2010, Time magazine named Malala Joya among the 100 most influential people in the world. There is another famous Malala from Afghanistan– the heroine of the Taliban. The poetry Taliban uses for motivational purposes contains the story of the Malala of Bagram. US soldiers at Bagram allegedly tried to rape her, and she preferred death instead.

Interesting title "Afghan Malala". Pakistani Malala was actually named after Afghan historical and folk lore figure, a young woman, who died in the battle of Maiwand while encouraging men to fight against invaders. Malala Yusufzai was named after her, as she has mentioned in her book. There is even very famous nasheed of Afghan-Taliban, "Maiwand sangar" in which Malala of Maiwand is mentioned. In 2005-07 there was Malala Joya in Afghan parliament who spoke up against presence of war criminals in Parliament, and subsequently stepped down. In 2010, Time magazine named Malala Joya among the 100 most influential people in the world. There is another famous Malala from Afghanistan– the heroine of the Taliban. The poetry Taliban uses for motivational purposes contains the story of the Malala of Bagram. US soldiers at Bagram allegedly tried to rape her, and she preferred death instead.

Do you have a reference for this:

US soldiers at Bagram allegedly tried to rape her, and she preferred death instead.

I dont have access to Taliban literature but i used this article of saleem safi as reference for the part you are asking about
Victims of bravery - Saleem Safi

Saleem Safi is a great orator -- I am suspicious of orators because they substitute prose for substance but Salem Safi in my humble book is different -- he for the most part shoots straight -- I also think he is also from humble beginnings (?)

Hope he stays that way -- always a pleasure to listen to him and read his thoughts. Pakistan can use more thinkers like him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom