What's new

A mouse that roars: Chinese scientists create the first mammal with fully reprogrammed genes

onebyone

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
  • Chinese Academy of Sciences team says it has fully recombined the chromosomes of a mouse named Xiao Zhu, or ‘Little Bamboo’
  • A report on the experiment, which produced a mouse with 19 pairs of chromosomes – one fewer than natural – has been published in Science magazine
  • 1661619244425.png
  • Xiao Zhu, or “Little Bamboo”, the world’s first mammal with fully reprogrammed genes. Photo: Chinese Academy of Sciences
    A team of scientists in Beijing has announced they have achieved a complete recombination of the chromosomes of a mouse, a genetic engineering breakthrough that could pave the way for the design and creation of mammal species that do not exist in nature.
    The mouse – called Xiao Zhu, or “Little Bamboo” – was the world’s first mammal with fully reprogrammed genes, the scientists said, referring to a process where researchers break chromosomes into various segments and put them back together in different combinations to create a new package of genes.
    .https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3190399/mouse-roars-chinese-scientists-create-first-mammal-fully

Break chromosomes into several segments and then rejoined them together.

It sounds very scary.

The super mouse will be a terror on future battlefield. Reminds me of Latnok's Kyle XY and Jessi XX experiments.

Is this good?
I don't know what to feel about this.

Will we make mouse girls in the future?

I’ve always believed that if there was ever a nation that decided to seriously look into developing viable designer babies, that would be china.

Guessing it won’t be long now.

No more defective child in future.

Really? Wow.

You guys really do have an inferiority complex don’t you?
He is not a Chinese, an imposter try to paint Chinese in bad light. Go thru his past posting and u know. He is original called superboy, ban multiple times for trolling and flaming bait topic.

Back
Top Bottom