What's new

40 things PM Narendra Modi has promised to achieve by 2022

PM Modi: Bhai, I was only joking.
Just a joke.jpg
:undecided:

That's just the language of the election, drawing a big pie for the voters.

So Jio and Adani will be launching a satellite constellation of thousands like SpaceX Starlink ?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...o-ses-satellite-internet-in-india-561976.html.

Adani is planning a jv with airtel and another European partner.

Idea is not for 1000s of satellites but 7-11 satellites to cover saarc nations. But again cant say if they are planning on going with micro micro satellites or the big ones.

One thing I know is its going to be dead cheap. As the gov might be ready to subsidize it like rupay.

Last edited:
Bhai I say, give him one more chance and one more and one more. But do also try yogi in the middle if you guys need a change.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...o-ses-satellite-internet-in-india-561976.html.

Adani is planning a jv with airtel and another European partner.

Idea is not for 1000s of satellites but 7-11 satellites to cover saarc nations. But again cant say if they are planning on going with micro micro satellites or the big ones.

One thing I know is its going to be dead cheap. As the gov might be ready to subsidize it like rupay.

You are correct and it just now occurred to me that it won't take 1000s of satellites to cover India. You may be right that 7-11 satellites are enough to cover SAARC. And though it is not good that ISRO isn't going to building them it also occurred to me that already the 1450+ Starlink satellites are seen as serious threat to life aboard the ISS and to any human launches to Earth orbit and to the upcoming American private space stations so even this minuscule 7-11 Indian satellite launches will add to that chaos. I think Starlink satellite should be deorbited and Alphabet's Project Loon should be reconsidered. Project Loon is about providing global wireless internet access through transponder stations sitting in high-altitude balloons within the atmosphere. This project can be managed by the UNO which also tags into another thing that internet access should become a free human right for everyone and no organization should make money out of providing its service.

You are correct and it just now occurred to me that it won't take 1000s of satellites to cover India. You may be right that 7-11 satellites are enough to cover SAARC. And though it is not good that ISRO isn't going to building them it also occurred to me that already the 1450+ Starlink satellites are seen as serious threat to life aboard the ISS and to any human launches to Earth orbit and to the upcoming American private space stations so even this minuscule 7-11 Indian satellite launches will add to that chaos. I think Starlink satellite should be deorbited and Alphabet's Project Loon should be reconsidered. Project Loon is about providing global wireless internet access through transponder stations sitting in high-altitude balloons within the atmosphere. This project can be managed by the UNO which also tags into another thing that internet access should become a free human right for everyone and no organization should make money out of providing its service.
the idea is to provide 5g using satcoms. In next 5 -10 years indian companies will start giving heck lot of competition to foreign players. Starlink wont work in india as GOI will bring in a better and more affordable service. Take rupay for example it destroyed visa and master card in india. Visa had to beg American Gov to help counter GOI.

Free internet will be a thing in the early next decade. Atleast in india. We have been building the foundations for the last 5-6 years, youll see its fruits in another 3-4 years.

Our next step is to expand our services to other countries. UPI is already being deployed to middle east and asian countries in a year or 2. So will our desi CBDC.

Then there are solar, steel and electronic production.

Last edited:
the idea is to provide 5g using satcoms. In next 5 -10 years indian companies will start giving heck lot of competition to foreign players. Starlink wont work in india as GOI will bring in a better and more affordable service. Take rupay for example it destroyed visa and master card in india. Visa had to beg American Gov to help counter GOI.

Free internet will be a thing in the early next decade. Atleast in india. We have been building the foundations for the last 5-6 years, youll see its fruits in another 3-4 years.

Our next step is to expand our services to other countries. UPI is already being deployed to middle east and asian countries in a year or 2. So will our desi CBDC.

Then there are solar, steel and electronic production.

1. Apple was supposed to provide emergency satellite voice call and text message facility in its iPhone 13 to cover some of Earth but that has not come about. Maybe technical issues or maybe legal.

2. 5G and 6G are going to be passe, the next thing will be LiFi ( visible light communication ). If governments are ready to allow someone to build the infrastructure for 5G and 6G they can as well do it for LiFi.

3. Why free internet only in the next decade in India ? Why not now ? Why not nationalize and make free the entire telecommunication delivery infrastructure ( a unified internet and phone service ) just like should have been done the nationalization and making free the healthcare and education infrastructure in India ? But I don't expect any BJP government to let go of their extreme-Capitalist tendencies and stop privatizing everything in the country and giving benefit to their rich-person cronies like Ambani and Adani.

Last edited:
2. 5G and 6G are going to be passe, the next thing will be LiFi ( visible light communication ). If governments are ready to allow someone to build the infrastructure for 5G and 6G they can as well do it for LiFi.
Lifi has been there for more than a decade. in fact, I tried it in my apartment in the US. It's not practical, you need multiple devices, one device in each room. Though the transfer rate is high the infrastructure cost to light up every dark corner is exponentially higher. There is a high wastage of bandwidth. Maybe for commercial uses like in offices but with the introduction of smart devices keeping light on all day, even that is feasible.

Apple recently submitted a patent to enable devices to use the internet directly from satellites mitigating the use of a dish over your house. So basically you can use your phone as a modem in the house and use all smart devices by connecting to its hotspot. But obviously, Apple won't bring it out until it thinks its competitors catch up. Apple has always been a fast adaptor to new unconventional trends but when it comes to existing device upgrades it has been slow. They recently released 120hz in iphone13 while its competitors had for 3 years or more.

Last edited:
Lifi has been there for more than a decade. in fact, I tried it in my apartment in the US. It's not practical, you need multiple devices, one device in each room. Though the transfer rate is high the infrastructure cost to light up every dark corner is exponentially higher.

What do you mean by "one device in each room" ?

There is a high wastage of bandwidth.

What do you mean ?

What do you mean by "one device in each room" ?

What do you mean ?
Lifi is internet using Led bulbs. So for a device to receive internet it needs to be placed under a light. The brighter the light the faster the transfer rate. And it doesnt pass through objects or walls. So if you have your phone in your pocket it cant receive the internet. You switch off the lights your internet is gone too.

Last edited:
Lifi has been there for more than a decade. in fact, I tried it in my apartment in the US. It's not practical, you need multiple devices, one device in each room. Though the transfer rate is high the infrastructure cost to light up every dark corner is exponentially higher. There is a high wastage of bandwidth. Maybe for commercial uses like in offices but with the introduction of smart devices keeping light on all day, even that is feasible.

Apple recently submitted a patent to enable devices to use the internet directly from satellites mitigating the use of a dish over your house. So basically you can use your phone as a modem in the house and use all smart devices by connecting to its hotspot. But obviously, Apple won't bring it out until it thinks its competitors catch up. Apple has always been a fast adaptor to new unconventional trends but when it comes to existing device upgrades it has been slow. They recently released 120hz in iphone13 while its competitors had for 3 years or more.
Optical fibre can be considered as some sort of LiFi, India has a lot of optical fibre network users. Just $10 a month for unlimited 100mbps max speed internet.
1645630140435.png

Who care about 40 odd things Modi promised and didn't delivered.

He delivered on the 'most' important promised goal....

Add to this the other 'most' important achievements, that can make or break the electoral politics.

Lifi is internet using Led bulbs. So for a device to receive internet it needs to be placed under a light. The brighter the light the faster the transfer rate. And it doesnt pass through objects or walls. So if you have your phone in your pocket it cant receive the internet. You switch off the lights your internet is gone too.

1. Your first vid : I know about the company pureLiFi. Its co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer is Harald Haas himself, the originator of the term LiFi and who demonstrated the working on that TED stage in 2011. pureLiFi has released a cell phone case which will allow light communication with a similarly equipped phone and also I think with LiFi infrastructure. In fact pureLiFi is working with IEEE to release a protocol specification that will allow infrastructure-based LiFi communication by the equipment in "ambient light conditions" which I think means in daylight condition with light-based base-stations which essentially would mean the street lamp post.

2. Your point of "The brighter the light the faster the transfer rate." : In your second vid at 04:48 he says that Haas has said that the user can dim the light but the data will still flow. This also answers your last point "You switch off the lights your internet is gone too.".

3. Your point of "So if you have your phone in your pocket it cant receive the internet." Well, this depends on how your phone looks like.

Also, lovely Korean girl :
2022-02-23-152636_1024x768_scrot.png

Back
Top Bottom