What's new

11 navy personnel vanish in Japan

I doubt that they will earn more in Japan, first its expensive place to live, second they are illegal; they wouldnt get a good job; they will be lucky if its even close to the Navy's pay.

Dear Rahman,

Your above post is quite correct if they had just jumped ship on the spur of the moment. I hardly think 10 rationale people would walk into Japan and just disappear thinking they can start from a scratch. They definately have backing from some relatives who will arrange everything there. They will probably stay in a small house bunking together to cut costs and work at places which need no questioned labour and earn a lot of money by asian or even western standards (many young British students take a tourist visa to Japan stay 6 months teach English or work in bars and make enough money to take a year off). Some of them (PN)will also get seamen jobs onboard ships and move to Europe after sometime.

If you see and read about the risks Asians and Africans take to illegally come to Europe (many are locked up in holds and dropped of in leaky boats of Cyprus and many drown) you would realise that the PN Sailors had it easy since no one would suspect a naval sailor jumping ship. However if they do get caught and are deported (don't be suprised if the ask for asylum) then they will get the stick back at home.

Regards

they probably planned to stay over in Japan long before....

they probably planned to stay over in Japan long before....

Dear Mercenary,

Exactly my sentiments. Its quite embarrassing for any Navy to have its men jumping ship at foreign ports and I am sure the Naval Intelligence must be monitoring their relatives in Pakistan to find out who is helping them in Japan.

These 10 will be secretly brought back if they are caught and given a punishment to make sure others don't follow in future.

Regards

anyways it's never too late to perorate after investigation. Sailors missing is one thing,loving the news is another.

Pakistan embarrassed over missing sailors
From correspondents in Islamabad
June 18, 2007

PAKISTAN says it is embarrassed by the disappearance of 11 sailors in Tokyo late last week, but hopes the incident would not harm ties with the Japanese navy.
The Pakistani sailors went missing last week during a rare goodwill visit by two navy ships. It was only the second time that Pakistan naval vessels have gone to Japan.

The ships left on Friday carrying nearly 700 men at the end of the four-day trip – without the missing sailors.

"It was a goodwill visit and this is very unfortunate, very irresponsible behaviour by a few individuals," Pakistani foreign ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam said.

"Of course it has caused embarrassment but we do hope that it would not impact on our interactions of this nature in future," she said.

Japan has been building ties with Pakistan, particularly since the September 11, 2001 attacks which put the South Asian country on the frontline of the US-led "war on terror".

Kyodo News said the Japan Coast Guard complained that one of the Pakistani ships accidentally discharged water contaminated with oil and sewage, causing a 2km spill that was cleaned up.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21929318-1702,00.html

There always bound to be those "bad apples"

Well not really bad apples as such, but ill-disciplined and soon to be court martialled sailors for sure. The sight of money and glitz is very enticing and tempting.

Especially for those who doesnt have them,
Main reason I have been advocating as 6th pay commission as well as the service chief's for 5 folds increase in pay, I wouldnt be suprised if some Indian Armed Forces guy did it too. A guy in call center makes 3 times more in cash than a person who lugs it out in nature and gives up his life.

Do you know whatever happened to that Pakistani Sailor who went AWOL and raped a teenager in Central Park New York. Is he being proscuted in Pakistan or in USA

Especially for those who doesnt have them,
Main reason I have been advocating as 6th pay commission as well as the service chief's for 5 folds increase in pay, I wouldnt be suprised if some Indian Armed Forces guy did it too. A guy in call center makes 3 times more in cash than a person who lugs it out in nature and gives up his life.

Do you know whatever happened to that Pakistani Sailor who went AWOL and raped a teenager in Central Park New York. Is he being proscuted in Pakistan or in USA

He did not rape *anyone*. He was caught trying to fondle a female and arrested and returned to PN where he was most probably court martialled and sentenced to serve time (overseas issues like this are very sternly dealt within the armed forces due to the disgrace they bring upon the entire country).

He did not rape *anyone*. He was caught trying to fondle a female and arrested and returned to PN where he was most probably court martialled and sentenced to serve time (overseas issues like this are very sternly dealt within the armed forces due to the disgrace they bring upon the entire country).

My apologies, it was a honest mistake. I read in pakdef as rape or attempt to one.
I know overseas issue's like this will be severely taken by the armed forces of any country.

hmmm....such incidents in the Pak Navy are rare. ive been to some oversees trips of the Pak Navy with PNS Moawwin, PNS Tipu Sultan and PNS Shushuk. and all the sailors were very well disciplined. but this incident is really and embarrassment.

Back
Top Bottom