What's new

“Tiger Bird ” Media name for Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

marcos98

Reaction score
“Tiger Bird ” Media name for Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

BY: IDRW NEWS NETWORK
dsc0319kf.jpg

“Tiger Bird” seems to be an appropriate name which has emerged for India’s Ingeniously developed first combat Attack Helicopter , name seems to be inspired the the design painted on the first PT-1 LCH prototype which made its first flight on 29 March 2010 and the helicopter was officially dedicated to the nation on 23 May 2010 .

Latest issue of Vayu Aerospace further explains how exultant Vice Chief of Air force Air Marshal PK Barbora stated “Tiger Bird has good export potential” and it seems media has caught on to the word “Tiger Bird” , on other hand HAL or IAF have not given any official name for LCH yet , but if “Tiger Bird” is used more often for this Helicopter then it might not take more time to be given same has official name .

HAL has also started Media campaign in various Defence Magazines hinting that it will be offered for Export once it is ready and hits production .

tiger bird..........really???
surely doesnt rock my boat....
suggest better names perhaps..

Well not impressive... Tiger hai ki bird hai.... And are we short of names jo english. Ok we are good at english but does not mean we become englishmen. We have a legacy of naming weapons on own culture like agni, nag, trishul and to tell you as an Indian they look cool to me and distinctive among the race with other nations. I do not need to tell others oh this one is from India as the name itself defines it.

if you want a combo a bird and an animal we could name it griffin -a combo of a lion and eagle

I second that
GRIFIN SOUNDS MORE APPROPRIATE

No not again - there was a one previous naming thread for LCH that got so out of control that the mods had to close it. :lol:

american CH-146 is already named Griffon, so no chance.

sher (lion) thought it looks skinny.

Back
Top Bottom