What's new

Translation of J-20 Article by Dr. Song Wencong

I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead because @siegecrossbow's translation work is a tour de force that's well worth reading. I also had a question: By "fourth gen fighters" did Dr. Song mean 4th gen in the Chinese context (5th gen internationally) or 4th gen internationally?

I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead because @siegecrossbow's translation work is a tour de force that's well worth reading. I also had a question: By "fourth gen fighters" did Dr. Song mean 4th gen in the Chinese context (5th gen internationally) or 4th gen internationally?

5th generation internationally.

With respect to both designs, i have to say F22 has more complete stealth features with engine shielding/ absence of ventral and canard surfaces but i think J20 design have different philosophies/concept in mind, EG : SHOOT AND SCOOT

With respect to both designs, i have to say F22 has more complete stealth features with engine shielding/ absence of ventral and canard surfaces but i think J20 design have different philosophies/concept in mind, EG : SHOOT AND SCOOT
F-22 horrible tradition air inlet contributed to certain level of RCS reflection compare to DSI in J-20 and F-35. If F-22is really as invincible as US claim. The production line will never be closed.

If F-22is really as invincible as US claim. The production line will never be closed
Then they would have had no problems exporting it either. There were plenty of buyers

Then they would have had no problems exporting it either. There were plenty of buyers
Of cos US wouldn't export it. They wouldn't want allies to know how bad and outdated F-22 is. Shutting the line down and stop wasting money , just like how they cut zumalt destroyer.

F-22 tech level is a step below F-35. A full af-22 upgraded to F-35 will require substantial external upgrade which will cost a mountain and might as well get more F-35. US is master of marketing and shameless self bragging. Second only to India clown media. They are good to hype the junk F-22.

F-22 horrible tradition air inlet contributed to certain level of RCS reflection compare to DSI in J-20 and F-35. If F-22is really as invincible as US claim. The production line will never be closed.

F-22 has few problems no design is 💯% perfect but your j-20 has more problems than f-22
Ànd as for ending production was not technical but rather than geo-political ànd financial

Back
Top Bottom