What's new

The Hardest Test in China

That's an incredible feat. What would you have done had you failed the Gaokao?
Just wait for another year then take it again. Gaokao has no limit to anyone except the contents will be different from year to year.

Just wait for another year then take it again. Gaokao has no limit to anyone except the contents will be different from year to year.
Is going to Hong Kong and giving their exam an option for Chinese students?

Nope, I went to the US system for high school. I did try it out though, in university, from curiosity.

I couldn't do the math portion. That was truly humbling. The math section is heavily focused on geometry, formal logic and proof, not so much on knowledge of how to calculate something.

Theoretically, none of the content exceeds a US 11th grade trigonometry class. So it is an easy test in terms of pure knowledge. It is applying that knowledge that is tricky.

The elective (science or history), Chinese and English portions really aren't so bad. To me it is like subject SAT level (a portion of the US college entrance exam that tests specific subjects rather than English and mathematics). It's the math that is truly insane. Even to this day I remember how terrible the math section is.

Last edited:
Is going to Hong Kong and giving their exam an option for Chinese students?
HK has its own exam system. I am not familiar with HK system. Maybe someone from HK can answer this question. Gaokao is only for mainland Chinese high school graduates as entering a higher education exam. After total exam score reach to the baseline of the year, then students (examineers) will be admitted to a university. Higher exam score will have a better chance for famous universities admission.

HK has its own exam system. I am not familiar with HK system. Maybe someone from HK can answer this question. Gaokao is only for mainland Chinese high school graduates as entering a higher education exam. After total exam score reach to the baseline of the year, then students (examineers) will be admitted to a university. Higher exam score will have a better chance for famous universities admission.
Is Britsh O/A levels popular in HK?

Back
Top Bottom