What's new

PNS Hangor: The Fate of INS Khukri

@MM_Haider Absolutely, if Indian navy would have done something like that, they would have made block buster action movies on it. I have seen hollywood movies based on submarine action. The feats of Hangor outshine even those.

Watch Arshad Sharif's yesterday program (8th Dec 2021) in which Retd Admiral Ahmed shared a detailed story of PNS Hangor and how Hangor destroyed INS Kukri (The only diesel-electric sub in history after WWll that successfully destroyed the surface ship in the real battle -- record still stands to date.

Yep, but that was not bombing karachi but firing missiles from the distance at ships, one mis-fired missile hit a fuel dump near port. That is Indian Navy's highest war accomplishment till day. They celebrate it as their Naval day every year and glorify it. After 1965 war and unable to retaliate operation Dwarka, indian navy went through massive investment and modernization. They for the first time added missiles in their arsenal. PN did not had missile technology by 1971 war. The IN attack damaged 1 world war vintage PN destroyer, sunk a commercial ship and a small mine-sweeper. Patrol boats rescued the men from the ships. The destroyer was towed back to the port.

This was the biggest attack PN had ever sustained but this attack by IN is nowhere near the bravery, the tactics of PNS Hangor which after few days single handedly gave a massive blow to Indian navy causing much higher human toll at indian side. PNS Hangor remained in indian waters for many days, engaging in combat, gathering intelligence and out-maneuvering the entire IN fleet. PNS Hangor fought an intense combat with 2 very specialized ASW frigates, sinking INS Khurki killing all 200 sailers onboard and damaging the other. After learning this, massive efforts were done by IN fleet to destroy PNS Hangor, however it out maneuver & evaded depth charges and IN Fleet. It finally reached back home safely almost with depleted batteries. The true events of PNS Hangor has more action then fiction based hollywood movies.
Fuel storage infrastructure on ports is of vital strategic importance. Hitting it is not a "mis-fire". Give the devil his due. The military leaders who were busy politicking between 65 and 71 were not competent enough to forsee the threat Indian missile boats could pose, neither did they try to counter it by procuring missile boats of their own or improving ISR capabilities to detect the enemy armada before it was upon Khi. PS. many ships in our arsenal were vintage by the standards of the day. A loss of a destroyer was a los nonetheless.
Watch Arshad Sharif's yesterday program (8th Dec 2021) in which Retd Admiral Ahmed shared a detailed story of PNS Hangor and how Hangor destroyed INS Kukri (The only diesel-electric sub in history after WWll that successfully destroyed the surface ship in the real battle -- record still stands to date.
Watch his TCM interview, a thorough professional!

1639165629387.png

A Story of Courageous Victory: PNS Hangor

ahhhh i have been there to naval museum and took my kids inside the sub, holy crap i didn't knew it was Hangor, took pictures as well, now only for this i need to go back and stay there and digest everything in and look at it with totally new prospective

ARY to release "Hangor "— a telefilm based on a Pakistani submarine that took down Indian warships in 1971

IRFAN UL HAQ

The film is based on true events and will be lead by actors Zahid Ahmed and Saba Qamar.

61b7340e9d19e.png

ARY is back with another production honouring the armed forces of Pakistan and this time it's a period piece about the navy in the 1971 Indo-Pak war. The telefilm is named after the actual submarine Hangor and tells the story of the war hero who commanded it.

"An iDream Entertainment production, it is being directed by Sakib Khan and produced by Abdullah Saija." Zahid Ahmed, the lead, told Images.

ARY Digital released a trailer on December 11 that transports viewers to 1971.

"The epic trailer for telefilm Hangor, a saga of unflinching bravery, was released quite fittingly on the golden anniversary of the day our brave submariners of the Pakistan Navy aboard submarine Hangor successfully sunk an Indian navy warship INS Khukri and crippled down the 2nd warship INS Kirpan during the 1971 war," ARY captioned the trailer.

"Ahmed Tasneem is the name of the commanding officer of Hangor, the submarine that took down two Indian warships. His role has been played by myself," Ahmed said..

Saba Qamar, Affan Waheed and Dur-e-Fishan will also be starring in the production.
Ahmed recently posted the "men of Hangor" on his Instagram account.

"It is a story completely based on true facts. Our submarine went into Indian waters and destroyed one warship, while damaging another. Despite their unbridled attacks, we returned to Karachi somehow and not only is the war hero still alive, the Hangor submarine is an actual submarine that is showcased in the naval museum today and this show is to celebrate the true story of our war hero," he said.

Saji Gul's writing is a work of fiction that is based on true events. One story has been picked out from the 1971 war that celebrates the victory at sea to appreciate the Naval forces and their role in safeguarding the country.

This is ARY's second recent production about the armed forces — it recently released Sinf-e-Aahan, a drama with a female-centric cast based on the struggle of women in the army.

Hangor 1971 | Trailer | ARY Digital

Back
Top Bottom