What's new

Pakistan Domestic 155 mm artillery gun is under test and trial : HIT

Off topic: MRAPS cannot and will not be an alternative to better intelligence and an offensive doctrine. All the recent attacks on FC were conducted against their posts and pickets and no amount of MRAP was going to change it. FC should be given to army to bring them under better discipline and training so that they can effectively do their jobs.
Unless we are willing to the take the fight to the enemies' turf, in the hideouts across the border in Iran, Afghanistan and India, I am afraid these attacks will continue with impunity.

anyone know the length of the barrel is it 155/45 or 155/52 .... ???

well why not do a truck mounted trial of it too. PA wanted truck mounted guns which is better than towed guns. unless there is enough M109's that their need is not priority.

well why not do a truck mounted trial of it too. PA wanted truck mounted guns which is better than towed guns. unless there is enough M109's that their need is not priority.
ab jao kal hit unko bol kar ana , wo kardain gey , pa ka to damag kharab hai na key itni strict requirments rakh kar wheeled sph tirals kieyey phir aur requirments add ki aur ab doobara trials kar rahey hain , aur idhar yeh hit ki 155mm hai jo unki pehly towed artillery piece hai jo unho ney banaya hai.
anyone know the length of the barrel is it 155/45 or 155/52 .... ???
52 likely ,

ab jao kal hit unko bol kar ana , wo kardain gey , pa ka to damag kharab hai na key itni strict requirments rakh kar wheeled sph tirals kieyey phir aur requirments add ki aur ab doobara trials kar rahey hain , aur idhar yeh hit ki 155mm hai jo unki pehly towed artillery piece hai jo unho ney banaya hai.

As far as I am aware the gun performed fine but there were rather big issues when the time came to sign the contract, monetary issues on our side and a reluctance to agree to delivery terms on theirs, PA had a rather bad experience all things considered, but i suppose not all deals go smoothly, its good That the two countries didn’t let it effect other weapons deals, maybe PA will try it again too if the local option needs competitors to go against.

As for HMC. All the gun barrels used in our tanks are from HMC. The same boys made 155MM barrels for M109s before but the quality wasn’t good enough, maybe that’s where the reluctance stemmed from. However I assume they’ve now fixed those issues If the gun is under testing.
There has been a bit of hoohaa within the engineering corps as they felt the 155 barrels were better than the Chinese ones and at par with the western ones yet the top brass remained unconvinced. Somebody I know threatened to resign over the issue as he felt the reasons for foreign procurement was not quality. However it seems the house has been cleaned up and things might have moved on.
A

Last edited:
Any idea if this can fire V-LAP shells? If so, then I think there's a chance the PA could adapt this into a wheeled SPH.
V-LAP shells were apparently being considered in the recent SP artillery testing by PA.
Particularly the Serbian Nora system has good V-LAP ammunition. I assume if PA wants this gun to also compete in their SP artillery tender later on then HIT has configured it to fire those too, but if those shells are not a requirement for PAs towed artillery acquisition then it may not be able to fire them. Basically it comes down more to what PA wants, HIT will design the gun around that, unfortunately I don’t known the list of PAs requirements for the artillery modernization program. Wether that’s because the acquisition is still a bit far out Or because PA has become more tight lipped in general it’s hard to say. For example when PA was looking For new tanks and helicopters to modernize those corps the requirements were rather clear.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom