What's new

Pakistani establishment reacts angrily to Sharif claim

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan establishment reacts angrily to Sharif claim

Islamabad, May 29 (PTI): Pakistani establishment today reacted angrily to the claim by former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif that he had come to know about Kargil invasion by his Army from his Indian counterpart Atal Bihari Vajpayee and accused him of distorting the facts.

The ex-premier had been continuously informed regarding the Kargil operation and he himself had inspected the forward bases in the northern areas during the Kargil incident, Information Minister Mohammed Ali Durrani said reacting to Sharif's claim in an interview to PTI in London, which was widely carried by the Pakistani media.

"Nawaz Sharif was fully aware of the whole scenario but now his allegations are reflection of his petty personal motives. He is trying to falsify the truth," the minister said in a statement.

He said Sharif, in his interview, has not only distorted the facts regarding the Kargil issue but also violated the oath that he took as Prime Minister.

Durrani said the insistence by Sharif that he had no information of the issue and came to know through a call from Vajpayee is a proof that former Prime Minister was involved in a conspiracy against his own army.

Defence Spokesman Maj Gen Shaukat Sultan said that a person who had been Prime Minister of the country twice should not have been making "irresponsible allegations". "No sensible person could believe the story concocted by the former Prime Minister," he was quoted as saying by daily 'The News'.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/003200605291350.htm

I've had it with this guy! :wall:

Both BB and NS have made pathetic and failed attempts to descredit Musharraf and to compromise our integrity by making such idotic claims!

If thats the way to gain trust and respect of the public, I'd say they're not worthy walking on Pakistani soil or breathing Pakistani air.

"Nawaz Sharif was fully aware of the whole scenario but now his allegations are reflection of his petty personal motives. He is trying to falsify the truth,"

Only way out of this is an Independent fact finding comission whose finding must be fully accessable for general public.

Unlike Hamood ur rehman comission

Neo said:
I've had it with this guy! :wall:

Both BB and NS have made pathetic and failed attempts to descredit Musharraf and to compromise our integrity by making such idotic claims!

If thats the way to gain trust and respect of the public, I'd say they're not worthy walking on Pakistani soil or breathing Pakistani air.

But still alot of people in pakistan dont understand the facts:idiot:. Still want those ex-presid's to come back. I by myself would go for musharaf man. He has done alot, unlike those ex morons. Atleast he's resonable. Few people are not gonna agree with that, but what did the other do?

What would you like say this, "Robbery" or "Stealing" .:embarassed:

Lahori paa jee said:
Only way out of this is an Independent fact finding comission whose finding must be fully accessable for general public.

Unlike Hamood ur rehman comission

Agreed!
Or an open cabinet debate, which prolly will never happen.

Hi,

There is no reason for an independent commission on Kargil----it has happened, pakistan has achieved its target, it was time to move ahead.

The only thing that needs to be addressed is what have we learnt from this episode so that we don't repeat mistakes----and that should be an internal inquiry. The next assault should be run with a little more precision and committment.

It was sickening to read Nawaz Sharif's comments to the indians-----his interview constitutes high treason against the state and people of pakistan----Musharraf should have neutralized this fool when he had the oppurtunity. This kind of statement was expected from Benazir----but coming from Nawaz----Allah Milai jori----aik andha aik korhi.

It is a big tragedy for pakistan that wannabe leadership is so shallow.

MastanKhan said:
Hi,

There is no reason for an independent commission on Kargil----it has happened, pakistan has achieved its target, it was time to move ahead.

The only thing that needs to be addressed is what have we learnt from this episode so that we don't repeat mistakes----and that should be an internal inquiry. The next assault should be run with a little more precision and committment.

There is every reason for an independent commission and to bring justice to those who where responsible for the disaster.

We learn nothing from past. What did our military learn from Hamood ur rehman commission. Why were their findings never made public.

Its easy to make corruption cases against politicians while most of the damage to our country has been done by PA.

Mastankhan said:
It was sickening to read Nawaz Sharif's comments to the indians-----his interview constitutes high treason against the state and people of pakistan----Musharraf should have neutralized this fool when he had the oppurtunity. This kind of statement was expected from Benazir----but coming from Nawaz----Allah Milai jori----aik andha aik korhi.

It is a big tragedy for pakistan that wannabe leadership is so shallow.

Whats more sickening is that majority of our population does not have guts to accept the truth.

Hi,

Millitary actions are not brought to public scrutiny most of the time. They don't have a place in the public forums specially when it is our own millitary and that is for the reason of strategy. As millitary decision are mostly covert and does not have direct public involvement, for that reason they may not be publicly castagated. They can have their internal inquiries-----put a colonel or a general in front of the firing squad and they are better off.

On the other hand the politicians whose life has been in front of the public and only because of the publics indulgence, they are where they are----they can be scrutinized and they must be castigated as well in the public forum.

Here is Mr Nawaz Sharif------this guy would call up the indian prime minister in the middle of the night and beg with him that he did not send the mujahideen across the kashmir border so please spare him the anger. It was the frigging millitary who did that.

The funny thing that you guys might have noticed when Nawaz went to england-------he had a nice hair transplant job done on him, but all the pictures and posters of him in england had his bald pate on it----what a SNAFU.

Kargil doesnot need an inquiry--------but the ATLANTIQUE incident does.

Neo said:
Agreed!
Or an open cabinet debate, which prolly will never happen.

I couldn't agree more my man. Without transparency, there will be constant finger pointing all for political purposes. The general public will never know. If India can have a Kargil commision, why not Pakistan?

TexasJohn said:
I couldn't agree more my man. Without transparency, there will be constant finger pointing all for political purposes. The general public will never know. If India can have a Kargil commision, why not Pakistan?

Texaz John,

As long as we have this army and ISI, there will be no independent, transparent commisions. Why should the bloody civilians be given the chance to know what damage has been done to their country, Why should the tax payers know, where their money is been spent.

We had our politicians being sent to jails and being punished for their misdeeds, even to the extent that a PM was hanged ....................... I would like to ask all the members of PFF. How many army generals, naval chiefs or Air chiefs have been held accountable since our creation

Its all too easy to transfer the entire blame on army leadership or on the other hand, entirely on the civilian leadership. The real problem with our society is that both these leaderships work hand in hand and neither is willing to come clean towards the public that they so adamantly say they're working for.

The military has made Pakistan a National Security State instead of what the Quaid wanted (a Welfare State). Revisionism is a major problem in this case.

The civilian leadership, is nothing but a bunch of feudal lords or puppets in the hands of the feudal elite who continue to abuse power whenever given the chance to rule. The problem here is the 'feudal culture'. Pakistan should get rid of it as soon as possible like India did decades back. The 'chaudris' of Punjab, the 'waderas' of Sindh, the 'sardars' of Balochistan and their equivalents in N.W.F.P should be dealt with sternly.

Until this is done, we will continue to watch this endless chess game of Pakistani politics where the civilians and the military are involved in trying to out-do the other in quest of power.

Brother Sid.
I couldnt agree with you more. However please allow mre to take this debate a bit further.It was the Politicians who to save their skins invited the Army to rule the Government. Since 1956, we have had a cycle of political -army- political- foreign enforced( The world bank man whose name I cant recall)- political-army change over. All that has happened is that the politicians are free to clear their slates and emerge as "Saviours of the Land and People".When they have had their fill, the Army takes over.
I have always maintained let the people decide who should rule them. People label our masses as "jahil and Bai Ghairat". However I would say the the average man is politically quite astute. We need to strenghthen our Judiciary the most and allow the politicians to do their job, but have the beaurocrasy and judiciary as independant and overseeing arm of the Governemnt. I am fully aware that corruption is rife everywhere and nobody is exempt in this regard, but only by breaking this cycle will we get anywhere.
The problem with Army rule is that they run out of Ideas pretty soon and the country suffers because of this stagnation. If we allow the process to continue, even Allowing (£$%$££*& you can read whatever you like here!!!!) like BB and NS back into the frey, they cannot last very long withtheir current practices. The corrupt would be thrown out eventually and strong leadership would emerge.this may not happen to day and certainly not in our lifetimes but would eventually happen and the country would be better off. The Army would also gain as it concentrates on the prime function of guarding the integrity of the country.
The current baluchistan crises is a point to ponder on. It may possibly have been better dealt with by a political setup. Believe me , i have no sympathy with these Sardars but honestly believe that use of force is not the answer here. They will keep on being a nuisance and cause chaos.The problem with all of us is that we want solutions now! We want to be like USA/ UK/EU countries today. However, what we dont realize is that these countries have hundreds of years of history behind them to get to be where they are. Whether we like it or not we have to wait for this process to mature.
Wa Salam
Araz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom