What's new

Zaid Hamid commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Zaid Hamid command respect in Pakistan?

To assume that Verma commands respect in India is to fail to understand the nature of modern media - which is that anyone who has a controversial POV gets face time.

It is a self fulfilling cycle. Speak trash, incite fear and paranoia, get publicity, attract a few loonies who speak as loudly thereby raising the volume of debate and drowning out the voices of reason.

Rinse and repeat.

Thus noise takes center space in any debate.

It is exactly what Hamid is doing as well.

The verma guy is a good analyst. When he first talked about Indo-China conflict, people took him to be a lunatic, now we know that conflict with China is not out of scope.

Verma is not much known in India, unlike people like us who dig news related to war/conflict not many people know him. On the contrary he is like God in Pakistan.

Bhaarat. I am glad that see the truth, and that is that al reporters and news media depend on other reporters for their materials and in the heat of things while reporting from the scenes may not be the total true picute but that is what is availabre at the time and it is bettrer to repoert than not to.

thank for knowing the difference.

ASQ,

Zaid is not just a reporter, he is an analyst. He listens to different sources(formal reports, news items, informal friendly sources, loose mouths, big mouths, spies...etc) and draws conclusions based on them. Generally, analysts do not depend on just one source for info in one field because if the source turns out to be faulty then the whole conclusion goes haywire. So, analysts tend to seek multiple sources to get an accurate picture. The problem for Zaid is that his sources are limited in many ways. The source is also not the guy from inside, but someone who is in the outer rung. This makes Zaid's job difficult. Often, different sources present a picture but with many blanks. Now, these blanks can be filled in variety of ways. Zaid fills it in the way he thinks it is best reasonable. Sometimes, he is correct, sometimes he is not. When he is not, that situation is used by his detractors to discredit him. When he is correct, his supporters say that everything he said is truth. At the end of it we all have to remember that he is doing his best, but he is human and can go wrong. It is important to listen to him but not just blindly believe him or outrightly reject him. We should apply our own taught and if possible verify the facts.

An adviser would probably be a more appropriate thing to say rather than President.

ASQ,

Zaid is not just a reporter, he is an analyst. He listens to different sources(formal reports, news items, informal friendly sources, loose mouths, big mouths, spies...etc) and draws conclusions based on them. Generally, analysts do not depend on just one source for info in one field because if the source turns out to be faulty then the whole conclusion goes haywire. So, analysts tend to seek multiple sources to get an accurate picture. The problem for Zaid is that his sources are limited in many ways. The source is also not the guy from inside, but someone who is in the outer rung. This makes Zaid's job difficult. Often, different sources present a picture but with many blanks. Now, these blanks can be filled in variety of ways. Zaid fills it in the way he thinks it is best reasonable. Sometimes, he is correct, sometimes he is not. When he is not, that situation is used by his detractors to discredit him. When he is correct, his supporters say that everything he said is truth. At the end of it we all have to remember that he is doing his best, but he is human and can go wrong. It is important to listen to him but not just blindly believe him or outrightly reject him. We should apply our own taught and if possible verify the facts.

Bhaarat,

I agree with you that Bharat Varma is very good, especially after you see how he made a person like Hamid Gul look like a cheap liar on TV.

However, as far as Zaid Hamid goes, oh man, first you have to see his language that gives out his superficiality. He seems to talk of the things that appear only on the surface, blissfully oblivious to whatever is actually going on.
He would go on to say absurd things like "Humko planes bhej ke India ke dams udaa dene chahiye". Or even more funny ones such as, "Amrika ki dum to humne pair ke neeche daba rakhi hai, pahle hum Amrika ki pitai karenge, fir tumko (to India) bhi mar mar ke theek kar denge". :P

If that were not funny enough, in one of his programs, while talking about International Monetary Fund, he ended up showing the logo of Illinois Mortgage Funding
43daf34a6cc450c63fbda48f7236550c.jpg

How can one think that this man is even serious about what he speaks?

^^^^ I agree...I like the way he speaks.... I watch him just for the "entertainment value"... bollywood types

I wish he become president of Pakistan some day. Then I will see what he can do. IMO he is just a big mouth.

Actually he is gaining ground in Pakistani politics - let's see if he goes mainstream - I doubt though.

Actually he is gaining ground in Pakistani politics - let's see if he goes mainstream - I doubt though.

I doubt he has the requisite gray matter to survive in mainstream politics. However, if he does get elected, I can give it in black & white that he will turn out to be more corrupt than Zardari ever was.

He might also try to push some of his close followers into the mainstream. Let us see what happens.

I doubt he has the requisite gray matter to survive in mainstream politics. However, if he does get elected, I can give it in black & white that he will turn out to be more corrupt than Zardari ever was.

hath pyer mein dum nahin
hum kisi se kam nahin...............is everything about zaid pamid

The martyrdom of Maj Gen Bilal Omar is a source both of vindication of this most noble officer and gentleman's bravery and acceptance of his devotion to Islam and strict observance of Faraiz. His personal humbleness towards his friends and firm resolve against the enemies of Pakistan have been translated to everlasting life and abode in Illiyun, while we are left behind to fade away. The martyrdom of young boys is a great shock and should serve to open our eyes to what we are doing. It is not enough to simply eradicate the present menace, we have to take positive measures to address the deep underlying malaise and dichotomy that has rent the very body fabric of our society. The Center, or Meezan, Ground has to be occupied and extremists on both sides be they liberal or fanatics have to be shown that the vast majority of Pakistanis will not tolerate their antics on the one hand and nefarious designs on the other.
I have learnt that it is not what you say that is listened to but who is saying anything that grabs attention in Pakistan. How long will we be content to heed the drivel that is fed to us in the form of propaganda? Let us take this tragedy as an opportunity to take stock of where we are and where we want to go and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom