What's new

Young Hindu girl joins police in Umer Kot

Dawood Ibrahim

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
  • * Shanti Devi belongs to Hindu's scheduled caste
    young-hindu-girl-joins-police-in-umer-kot-27acda2894f41c2292e89ad217a189df.jpg

By:
    Staff Report

28-Jan-17

Shares

UMERKOT: Shanti Devi, daughter of a local farmer Rai Chand, joined the Police Department as the lady constable and received good reception from senior police officials as the young girl belongs to the scheduled caste of the Hindu community of Manu Malhi, a small village of Umer Kot district in Sindh province.

"My father always supported me throughout my education career," she said. She said that she got her early education from a government-run school in her village and then went to the government-un high school in Umerkot. After completion of the matriculation, Shanti joined the college to complete here intermediate level education.

Shanti said she was the first lady of her community who joined the Police Department from her area. Besides education, she said that she used to help her mother in routine household work. As a police person, she said that she would help women and children in particular and everyone else in general. "I think I can understand problems of women as compared to a male police person," she said.

http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/28-Jan-17/young-hindu-girl-joins-police-in-umer-kot

I wish all the very best to this young girl, may she make her country a safer place.

Sikhs are in Army and now Hindu are feeling Confident .. Best of luck Lady serve your Country well :pakistan:

Best of wishes and praise. For joining different institutions one needs education irrespective of faith while our literacy rate is far from satisfactory in such a scenario it is indeed a praise worthy development and the girl and his family deserves much appreciation. Our government has not much to be praised for.

Pakistan holds great prospects for low cast hindus.

Back
Top Bottom