What's new

Yipee!!! India's 1st two upgraded Mirage 2000 I/TIs lands in Jamnagar

Livefist @livefist · 2h2 hours ago
India's 1st two upgraded Mirage 2000 I/TIs land in Jamnagar after ferry flight from France via Greece, Egypt & Qatar.

Sitanshu Kar @SpokespersonMoD · 3h3 hours ago
During their long flight, the #Mirage2000 had stop overs at Athens, Luxor, Doha.

Sitanshu Kar @SpokespersonMoD · 3h3 hours ago
First pix of the arrival of 2 upgraded #Mirage2000 at Jamnagar Air Base this afternoon from Istres, France.

CDMrW7jUMAA5DmU.jpg

CDMrWq4UIAEy4gC.jpg

CDMrWr_VAAApfj0.jpg

CDMkO6mUgAE7NQu.jpg

CDMrWx9VAAEa6Hq.jpg

Parikrama, when you posted this, I was sleeping. Thanks anyway. Good One. :sleep:

The important question is can we trust HAL to turn around the rest of mirages say the best possible timeline of 7 years or perhaps less? 47 birds less so 8 birds a year is 6 years i suppose which means 1.5 months to work on each bird theoretically.

If the answer is NO then this brings to second question, if the Su30 MKI MLU program is also given to HAL only, will they be able to give an upgraded Su30 MKI say at 7-8 birds a year.

=>

HAL added that a second overhauled Su-30MKI was also ready for delivery to the IAF. The company also announced its intent of imminently increasing its capacity to overhaul 15 Su-30MKIs annually and of doubling this number by 2030.

HAL hands back first overhauled Su-30MKI to Indian Air Force - IHS Jane's 360

The upgrade will obviously add more features to the overhaul itself, but it shouldn't reduce the number that HAL can deliver too much. HAL has improved it's game in the recent years, at least for the licence produced or maintenance sides, but at the end of the day they are dependent on the support of the foreign vendor too. They had problems with Sukhoi and BAE in the past which caused delays, but afer that was fixed, they performed well. The MKI production rate today is high, the availability rate increasing, thanks to more efforts of HAL to get indigenous or western spare suppliers. The Hawk production is ahead of the schedule now and more Indian orders as well as maintenance jobs for other export countries likely. So if Dassault supports HAL properly, the Mirage upgrade should be a piece of cake, especially since it doesn't have much that wouldn't be available in India via the LCA development. But still, we could had saved a lot of time if we had let the French do the whole upgrade, instead of building the facilities and capabilities to do the same in India, for a fighter that is available only for 10 to 15 more years.

Back
Top Bottom