What's new

Yemen's Houthis fire missile at Saudi capital ahead of Trump visit

BHarwana

MODERATOR
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
24,825
Reaction score
20
Country
Pakistan
Location
Pakistan
39a1e2078dc98ce52ed8c4645bd88980.jpg

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - Yemeni forces have reportedly launched ballistic missile at the Saudi capital Riyadh on the eve of US President's visit to the Arab kingdom.

According to a report by Yemen's Arabic-language al-Masirah television network, the Yemeni forces, backed by allied fighters from Popular Committees, launched a Borkan-2 (Volcano-2) ballistic missile, a domestically modified rocket, aimed at the Saudi capital on Friday evening.

The report also carried a statement by the Yemeni army, saying the missile strike conveyed "a clear and important message that we are all ready to respond to the aggression."

The report, however, gave no further detail, including the exact impact location, the possible casualty toll and the extent of potential damage inflicted.

Meanwhile, the Saudi military announced that it had intercepted and destroyed a projectile some 200 kilometers west of Riyadh, without giving more details.

The missile attack was a retaliatory measure as the US-backed Saudi regime since March 2015 has launched a deadly aggression on neighboring Yemen, killing over 12,000 people.

Yemenis are particularly angry at Washington for being complicit in the Saudi crimes against the Yemeni nation by providing the Al Saud regime with conventional and banned weapons.

Donald Trump has reportedly chosen the Persian Gulf Arab state as his first foreign visit to finalize an immediate $100-billion and a $300 billion decade long controversial arms deal with the regime.

The Friday launch that came just hours before Trump's arrival in Riyadh for a two-day visit was an objection to Washington's support for Saudi regime's slaughtering of innocent Yemeni civilians who in addition to war are suffering from transport blockade imposed by Al Saud.

The blockade is hampering the delivery of crucial humanitarian supplies, including food and medicine, while Saudi airstrikes have contributed to deterioration of civilian infrastructure, such as water treatment plants. The UN says 17 million people in Yemen are at imminent risk of famine.

Saudi Arabia's over two-year aggression and an all-out blockade on Yemen have led to outbreak of cholera that has claimed lives of at least 250 people.

The World Health Organization says nearly 23,500 suspected cases of cholera have been registered in war-ravaged Yemen in the past three weeks.

"The speed of the resurgence of this cholera epidemic is unprecedented," Nevio Zagaria, WHO country representative for Yemen, told reporters in a conference call on Friday in Geneva. "We need to expect something that could go up to 200,000-250,000 cases over the next six months, in addition to the 50,000 cases that have already occurred," Zagaria added. The cost in lives from this will be will be "extremely, extremely high", he said.

Back in March 18, the Yemeni army announced that another Borkan-2 missile accurately hit King Salman Air Base, located in the vicinity of Riyadh, in retaliation for the deadly Saudi war on Yemen.

On September 2, 2016, Yemeni forces also fired a similar missile against a stationary target in the Saudi city of Ta'if, located more than 700 kilometers southeast of the Saudi capital.

The Yemeni army says so far more than 100 ballistic missiles of various types have been fired at positions held by Saudi invaders inside and outside Yemen



http://en.abna24.com/news/middle-ea...audi-capital-ahead-of-trump-visit_830776.html
 
Intercepted as all other useless missiles.

Houthi terrorist cultists are desperate after having lost 40.000 "soldiers".

The Houthi's spokesman revealed 2 weeks ago that 40.000 of their fighters have been killed since the start of the conflict. The majority during border battles.


02-05-17-590879246.jpg



ناطق الحوثيين يعلن عن عدد قتلى المليشيات منذ الانقلاب ومحللون يصفوه بـ"اعلان الهزيمة"
2017/05/02 - الساعة 02:54 مساءاً
متابعة خاصة

أكد قيادي حوثي مصرع أكثر من 40 ألف من عناصرهم خلال المواجهات مع الجيش الوطني، وقوات التحالف العربي بقيادة المملكة العربية السعودية منذ عامين.

وفي أحدث ظهور تلفزيوني له قبل أقل من اسبوع، على قناة المسيرة التابعة للانقلابيين ، كشف المتحدث والناطق باسم الميليشيا الانقلابية محمد عبدالسلام، عن مصرع 40 ألفا من عناصرهم في المعارك الدائرة مع الجيش الوطني والتحالف العربي بقيادة المملكة بمختلف الجبهات.

وعلق ناشطون ومحللون سياسيون على اعتراف ناطق المليشيات ، بأنه اعلان للهزيمة، ومحاولة لاستعطاف المجتمع الدولي للضغط على دول التحالف والحكومة الشرعية بوقف الحرب.

http://m.provinceespress.com/news6358.html

This number, albeit high, is not that unrealistic given the daily documented casualties of Houthis/Saleh (that they often publish themselves as "martyrs") that twitter users such as this one below try to keep a track of on daily basis. On a average day it is not rare to see between 50-75 of such "martyrs" being displayed.

Warning, graphic material:

https://twitter.com/SyLvsT_R?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/yemen-watch-news-updates-discussions.366699/page-273

40.000 casualties in almost 800 days of fighting equals 50 on a daily basis on average which is very much realistic and something that correspondents to the reported casualties and events on the ground.


Recent map of the situation on the ground in Yemen:

C_8-YV2VYAMJdY_.jpg
 
Yemeni resistance force fire Burkan-2 ballistic missile at Saudi base in Riyadh 19-5-2017 مقاومت یمن
یمنی‌ها پایتخت عربستان را با موشک بالستیک هدف قرار دادند
تنها یک روز پیش از دیدار ترامپ از عربستان، یمنی‌ها با یک موشک بالستیک، شهر ریاض را هدف قرار دادند.
به گزارش گروه بین‌الملل خبرگزاری تسنیم به نقل از المسیره، یگان‌های موشکی ارتش یمن عصر امروز یک فروند موشک بالستیک از نوع برکان 2 (آتشفشان 2) را به سوی ریاض، پایتخت عربستان شلیک کردند. این سومین شلیک صورت گرفته توسط موشک‌های برکان2 به ریاض است، و پیش از رسیدن دونالد ترامپ، رئیس جمهوری آمریکا به پایتخت عربستان به سوی این شهر شلیک شده است.
سخنگوی ارتش یمن نیز اعلام کرد: هدف قرار دادن پایتخت عربستان توسط این موشک بالستیک پیامی آشکار و مهم دارا بود که از جمله آن اعلام آمادگی برای واکنش و مقابله به تهاجم دشمن است.این موشک در شرایطی امروز به سوی ریاض شلیک شد که قرار است دونالد ترامپ عصر فردا شنبه وارد این شهر شود.
http://tn.ai/1413388

Yemenis fire ballistic missile at Riyadh ahead of Trump visit: Report
Yemen's Houthi Ansarullah fighters and their allies in the army have reportedly fired a long-range ballistic missile at the Saudi capital Riyadh, a few hours ahead of US President Donald Trump's visit to the Arab kingdom.
According to a report by Yemen's Arabic-language al-Masirah television network, the Yemeni forces, backed by allied fighters from Popular Committees, launched a Borkan-2 (Volcano-2) ballistic missile, a domestically modified rocket, aimed at the Saudi capital on Friday evening. The report also carried a statement by the Yemeni army, saying the missile strike conveyed "a clear and important message that we are all ready to respond to the aggression." The report, however, gave no further detail, including the exact impact location, the possible casualty toll and the extent of potential damage inflicted. Meanwhile, the Saudi military announced that it had intercepted and destroyed a projectile some 200 kilometers west of Riyadh, without giving more details.
http://217.218.67.231/Detail/2017/0...Arabia-ballistic-missile-Borkan2-Trump-Riyadh
 
Intercepted as all other useless missiles.

Houthi terrorist cultists are desperate after having lost 40.000 "soldiers".

The Houthi's spokesman revealed 2 weeks ago that 40.000 of their fighters have been killed since the start of the conflict. The majority during border battles.


02-05-17-590879246.jpg



ناطق الحوثيين يعلن عن عدد قتلى المليشيات منذ الانقلاب ومحللون يصفوه بـ"اعلان الهزيمة"
2017/05/02 - الساعة 02:54 مساءاً
متابعة خاصة

أكد قيادي حوثي مصرع أكثر من 40 ألف من عناصرهم خلال المواجهات مع الجيش الوطني، وقوات التحالف العربي بقيادة المملكة العربية السعودية منذ عامين.

وفي أحدث ظهور تلفزيوني له قبل أقل من اسبوع، على قناة المسيرة التابعة للانقلابيين ، كشف المتحدث والناطق باسم الميليشيا الانقلابية محمد عبدالسلام، عن مصرع 40 ألفا من عناصرهم في المعارك الدائرة مع الجيش الوطني والتحالف العربي بقيادة المملكة بمختلف الجبهات.

وعلق ناشطون ومحللون سياسيون على اعتراف ناطق المليشيات ، بأنه اعلان للهزيمة، ومحاولة لاستعطاف المجتمع الدولي للضغط على دول التحالف والحكومة الشرعية بوقف الحرب.

http://m.provinceespress.com/news6358.html

This number, albeit high, is not that unrealistic given the daily documented casualties of Houthis/Saleh (that they often publish themselves as "martyrs") that twitter users such as this one below try to keep a track of on daily basis. On a average day it is not rare to see between 50-75 of such "martyrs" being displayed.

Warning, graphic material:

https://twitter.com/SyLvsT_R?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/yemen-watch-news-updates-discussions.366699/page-273

40.000 casualties in almost 800 days of fighting equals 50 on a daily basis on average which is very much realistic and something that correspondents to the reported casualties and events on the ground.


Recent map of the situation on the ground in Yemen:

C_8-YV2VYAMJdY_.jpg
any other sources on this or a video of it?
 
Back
Top Bottom