What's new

World's worst and Best airports in 2014 are...

yeah...Hyderabad terminal is not bad... I live here!!

You are a hyderabadi? o_O kai ku itna pessimistic view rakhte mia :mad:, Hyderabad International airport was ranked best in 15million catogery and was ranked top among Indian airports in 2013 surey by skytrax.
For 2014:
Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport makes its entry at 7 in theWorld's best airports serving 5-10 million passengerscategory.
The world's top 100 airports in 2014 - Skytrax World Airport Awards
Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport - 2014 - 59th Rank / 2013 - 69th Rank
Hyderabad - 2014 - 68th Rank / 2013 - 65th Rank
Bangalore - 2014 - 73rd Rank / 2013 - 79th Rank
Singapore airport best in the world
We still are among top 3 Indian airports. :)

That must be the international terminal of Delhi.
But for domestic terminals I found Hyderabad to be the best (according to me ). :)

Our international terminals need improvement for sure.But atleast those 're neat.
Our? You mean kochi?..Yes it does,sorry if i sound rude,but that airport looks quite old,it badly needs a new Internation terminal,it resembles a budhist monastry more than a airport :D

Last edited:
You are a hyderabadi? o_O kai ku itna pessimistic view rakhte mia :mad:, Hyderabad International airport was ranked best in 15million catogery and was ranked top among Indian airports in 2013 surey by skytrax.
For 2014:
Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport makes its entry at 7 in theWorld's best airports serving 5-10 million passengerscategory.
The world's top 100 airports in 2014 - Skytrax World Airport Awards
Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport - 2014 - 59th Rank / 2013 - 69th Rank
Hyderabad - 2014 - 68th Rank / 2013 - 65th Rank
Bangalore - 2014 - 73rd Rank / 2013 - 79th Rank
Singapore airport best in the world
We still are among top 3 Indian airports. :)
ofcourse it is one of the best bt the surroundings cleaness is not enough!!!!

ofcourse it is one of the best bt the surroundings cleaness is not enough!!!!
I wonder if it has got anything around it to be clean enough,anything you would come across close to the airport would mostly be villages,Gachibowli is the nearest place to airport which is like 30km distance,and dont tell me its not clean.

i mean outside the airport... most people dnt use dustbins at all...dnt tell me... ive seen them!!!

i mean outside the airport... most people dnt use dustbins at all...dnt tell me... ive seen them!!!
Lol i agree,that is a pan India stuff,at times it feels like you need to feed some civic sense into their head.Though dont make it sound like its all that bad :D

Lol i agree,that is a pan India stuff,at times it feels like you need to feed some civic sense into their head.Though dont make it sound like its all that bad :D
Last time I tried he gave me an ultimatum sayin mind your own business....fck what do I say???

Last time I tried he gave me an ultimatum sayin mind your own business....fck what do I say???

very few people consume pan/gutka in hyd... but the way telugu people eat curd rice is disgusting.. :bad:

Oh!
Lol
Out of the 4-5 airports I've been to I liked Hyderabad best.
But one thing that I've noticed is that all our airprots look alike...Delhi,Hyd,B'lore & Goa's new airport.
Dont know if others would agree but thats what I feel.

Our? You mean kochi?..Yes it does,sorry if i sound rude,but that airport looks quite old,it badly needs a new Internation terminal,it resembles a budhist monastry more than a airport :D
As far as I know Kochi airport hasnt undergone much renovation since it was made some 10-15yrs ago.Rest all the airports I've been to (Delhi/Blore/Hyd/Goa) have all undergone a facelift.
Soooo...

Technically speaking there's no airport in Islamabad....It's in Rawalpindi and yes it sucks big time. I was supposed to fly to Gilgit, but the flight got cancelled and they sent my luggage to Karachi.

Oh! As far as I know Kochi airport hasnt undergone much renovation since it was made some 10-15yrs ago.
:disagree: you should know abt your aiports. :D
Sooo.....Kochi airport is to be constructed in 6 Phases in total in 20yrs of time,out of which three have already been completed,3 more to go,so its actually constantly evolving.
New terminal U/C !
P_20141026_174837_zps731bf2ca.jpg~original

Hre's some info on 4th Phase.
The new terminal with an elevation featuring Kerala temple architecture will have all the latest features of international standards. Construction major Larsen & Toubro is building the facility which will be ready within 30 months. The two-level terminal will have provisions for 112 check-in counters, with in-line baggage screening facilities, 100 immigration counters, duty-free shops of 30,000 square feet at departure and arrival lounges, 19 boarding gates, 15 aero bridges, six baggage conveyor belts and fully covered alighting and boarding area.The current domestic terminal would be converted into "Royal Pavilion" and would handle VIP and private chartered flights and jets. The current international terminal, once converted into a domestic terminal, will have 5 aero-bridgesand 10 boarding gates facility, apart from increased parking bays.
Good to see an Indian airport with Indian touch to it,glass and concrete had become boring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom