What's new

"Women are to blame for most rapes"; Indian men on women !

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
"Women are to blame for most rapes"

BWhgiNVCQAEbe5c.jpgp

TEHELKA reporters spoke to dozens of men across strata and age and region and class, asking them how comfortable they felt with ideas of freedom for women, whether they held women and modernity responsible for rape and other forms of sexual crime; whether they believed rape was more prevalent in cities than villages; and how far they felt popular culture was responsible for a perceived sense of moral decline in society.

Indian Men On Women: In Their Own Words | Tehelka.com

Tehelka will take the worst of Indian society and post their views as the views of Indians for their sensationalizing agenda.

I am also an Indian male and I say it's complete BS. Of course girls can exercise more caution but the blame squarely goes to the rapists.I know hundreds of Indian males and at least 90 % of them will agree with me. Wonder why Tehelka never interviewed them.

It's like I go and interview a bunch of Stormfront members and come to the conclusion that all white people are racist. BS.

I do feel Indian women need to shed a closet load of hangups they have about sex in general.

Nothing to do with rapes though.

Wonderful display of patriarchy by the respondents. Add to the list of idiotic sentiments and notions.

best way to check rapes in country like india specially for those who rape children is

1.hanging the culprit by the balls after castrating him in publick

2.give sex education to children after they become teen agers

3.legalize prostitution

Nothing to do with rapes though.

Wonderful display of patriarchy by the respondents. Add to the list of idiotic sentiments and notions.

Please man. What is so different about a rape compared to a bunch of goons ganging up and beating the s.hit out of a guy?

The physical and psychological sequelae are comparable.

Imposition of will by brute force. Just because penetration of body parts is involved, there is a huge song and dance?

Please man. What is so different about a rape compared to a bunch of goons ganging up and beating the s.hit out of a guy?

The physical and psychological sequelae are comparable.

Imposition of will by brute force. Just because penetration of body parts is involved, there is a huge song and dance?

Not in the least bit. The psychological trauma is not comparable, rape involves the violation of what is perceived to be the most valuable form of decency, a mugging or a beat-down does not. False equivalency will get one no where. Misogyny may drive such comments but at the end of the day there are legal as well as ethical parameters which define both such acts and provide the scale by which to measure the severity (in terms of heinousness) of said acts.

Not in the least bit. The psychological trauma is not comparable, rape involves the violation of what is perceived to be the most valuable form of decency, a mugging or a beat-down does not. False equivalency will get one no where. Misogyny may drive such comments but at the end of the day there are legal as well as ethical parameters which define both such acts and provide the scale by which to measure the severity (in terms of heinousness) of said acts.

So in essence you and I are thinking along the same lines.

The huge song and dance is there because society has conditioned us to believe that a woman's privates are a no go area, equal in stature to a deified entity.

Stripped of that, there is really no difference between a gang bang either way. Shorn of brutality or physical trauma - the degree of which in its purest form is what is clearly defined in the Indian Penal Code in various gradations of offence.

So in essence you and I are thinking along the same lines.

The huge song and dance is there because society has conditioned us to believe that a woman's privates are a no go area, equal in stature to a deified entity.

Stripped of that, there is really no difference between a gang bang either way. Shorn of brutality or physical trauma - the degree of which in its purest form is what is clearly defined in the Indian Penal Code in various gradations of offence.

No we are not. The point is consent, consent is important and so is the ability to give consent (in legal terms). Otherwise one can go about promulgating equivalencies and lamenting why society does not see it that way. As such there would be no difference between being you being beaten up in a stomp and being anally violated by a gaggle of silver back gorillas.

Back
Top Bottom