What's new

Without the muhajirs, Pakistan would not exist

Bhai not only that; check these sources out :

Weekend Reading: Who Voted For Partition? | Retributions

Cambridge Journals Online - Modern Asian Studies - Abstract - The 1946 Punjab Elections

-- Schwartzberg Atlas -- Digital South Asia Library

So in essence the Muslim League won 75 out of the 86 Muslim Seats in Punjab thats about 87% !

And it won 43% of the total seats in Punjab at 75 out of 175 with the rest being taken by the Congress, the Unionists and the Sikh Parties; not bad eh ?

Which means we voted for the Quaid and Pakistan & we don't need some condescending prick who wishes to call himself an Immigrant long after the country was created to tell us that we didn't play any major part in the Pakistan Movement !

this doesn't make sense because east bengal had more population than punjab

hakeem muhammad saeed for example left his business in india to come to pakistan, he had nothing, now, hamdard earns millions

punjabis got their lands they left in india back, please tell me you don't know this?

Much bakwas GOP allocated land to all groups who came to Pakistani Punjab but that too sparingly. Some people had 100s of acres and came to Pakistan received like what 10 acres. I personally know Kashmiris who ran away during Kashmir war and came to Sailkot where GOP gave them land and a home.

Nahin bhai we those were just ML seats...not the Unionist included and the ML still managed to win 87% of all Muslim Seats in the Punjab ! :)

No - most of those seats were won by people who left unionist party and joined ml.

this doesn't make sense because east bengal had more population than punjab

The overall seats for Punjab are around 75 seats less than those in Bengal to account for a lower population !

At any rate the above figures are quoted in some fairly respectable areas & by some pretty respectable people (Talbot for one) - So take it up with them !

No - most of those seats were won by people who left unionist party and joined ml.

Oh bhai thats like saying most of PTI's seats were won by ex-PPP or ex-PML N people - Vote kisss ko parhaa Quaid-e-Azam ko ! :)

The overall seats for Punjab are around 75 seats less than those in Bengal to account for a lower population !

At any rate the above figures are quoted in some fairly respectable areas & by some pretty respectable people (Talbot for one) - So take it up with them !

Oh bhai thats like saying most of PTI's seats were won by ex-PPP or ex-PML N people - Vote kisss ko parhaa Quaid-e-Azam ko ! :)

bengal won 114 seats for ML, punjab won 75 and it won more in UP and bihar
table.png

How the hell does that refute anything that I said ? :crazy:

The ML won 87% of all Muslim Seats in Punjab !

the link you posted says

The Muslim League had to succeed in this crucial test if its popular support of its demand for Pakistan was to be credible. In particular it had to succeed in the Punjab as there could be no Pakistan without that province.

i don't understand how winning in punjab was most important?

the link you posted says

i don't understand how winning in punjab was most important?

The Link I posted is the author's Opinion; the Table for which I posted the link is a fact !

Furthermore without Punjab more so than any other Province there would be no geographical continuity for Pakistan - As messed up geographically on the West as it was on the East !

those were all economic reasons man, all economic interests, muslims were threatened their feudalism will be finished in india, plus hindus were more economically powerfull would take over muslims

punjabis and sindhis all kicked out hindus from their land for the reason

Although Muslim Punjabies rejected proposal of Independent Punjab by fallow Punjabies and supported Muslims but still if you want to call it economic reason or whatever you want be it - But it will not change fact that without support of Sindhis and Punjabis particularly - ML wouldn't have been able to get anything from British & Congress. So, you would have been living in either UP, Bihar or max in Bangladesh not Karachi.

If the sacrifices of Punjabies is fun for you than face the truth - very less people migrated from India in early days in love of Pakistan, most of them took their time to sell their properties and business and than came, or came because of economic opportunities which Karachi had - or when special quota for them was announced or Indians kicked them out - and this inflow stopped only when Pakistan refused to accept more migrants in 60s.

Punjabis made mistake to accept partition of Punjab. Then Indian Punjabs went and partitioned Eastern Punjab, bunch of idiots.

Punjabis made mistake to accept partition of Punjab. Then Indian Punjabs went and partitioned Eastern Punjab, bunch of idiots.

No Partition would've meant No Pakistan Punjab; we weren't willing to accept that I suppose !

No Partition would've meant No Pakistan Punjab; we weren't willing to accept that I suppose !

Should have fought harder for full Punjab, mistake was that too much time was spent by MAJ in trying to maintain the union that by the time Brits were about to leave we had to take what we could. If MAJ had demanded Pakistan and nothing but from the beginning we would have had more time to argue for full Punjab.

Should have fought harder for full Punjab, mistake was that too much time was spent by MAJ in trying to maintain the union that by the time Brits were about to leave we had to take what we could. If MAJ had demanded Pakistan and nothing but from the beginning we would have had more time to argue for full Punjab.

Its very easy to analyze after the deed has been done; I think a Partition of sorts was inevitable anyhow !

Yes you are right.

Say that to yourself every time you can't figure out a solution to any of life's problems and then ask yourself 'What would Armstrong the Magnificent do' and then you'd know what to do ! :D

Back
Top Bottom