What's new

Will take legal recourse against ban on Kamal Hassan film Vishwaroopam

My friends in Chennai are crossing border to AP to see the film and coming back. Such a racy screenplay and a superb movie. None offending Muslims.
I dont know why do they care how they show Taliban?

guys dont miss it. a real hollywood style indian film :)

Vishwaroopam Releasing Tomorrow................... BAN LIFTED.....:taz::cheers:

All right, nothing should be banned. I am planning to release a movie in which you can kill Modi and blast a lot of temples. It's an action movie, in which the actor also slaughters cows in a temple.

Wait, should this be banned?

I think that people should show some common sense and actually not attack a religion

My friends in Chennai are crossing border to AP to see the film and coming back. Such a racy screenplay and a superb movie. None offending Muslims.
I dont know why do they care how they show Taliban?

guys dont miss it. a real hollywood style indian film :)
If a Tamil movie is bollywood quality, I'll be shocked

movie is good.... may be fantastic, those are idiots who don't understand the basic theme behind the movie..

he did very hard work, instead of appreciating why these morons ban that film.... if they had brains, they can see clearly. even suicide bomber(in that film) had childish mentality etc...

All right, nothing should be banned. I am planning to release a movie in which you can kill Modi and blast a lot of temples. It's an action movie, in which the actor also slaughters cows in a temple.

I think that people should show some common sense and actually not attack a religion

You may make whatever movie in ur country , and u are absolutly free to make it.

Shoot cow, shoot modi , shoot obama, blast temples, blow masjids or even do .blow-job. we dont frickin care.

sometimes film like these are way better than bollywood films.

U see the movie and comment instead of trolling.

You may make whatever movie in ur country , and u are absolutly free to make it.

Shoot cow, shoot modi , shoot obama, blast temples, blow masjids or even do .blow-job. we dont frickin care.

Good, I hope the Taliban release a movie, same principle applies, right?

sometimes film like these are way better than bollywood films.

U see the movie and comment instead of trolling.

Yeah, and Rajnikanth is the best actor ever.

And India is a SooperDooperTrooperLooperWooperHooper power

Good, I hope the Taliban release a movie, same principle applies, right?

Send a torrent link when they release. Try getting some funding instead of chest thumping on behalf of them in online.

Call it truthseer loosemotion pictures presents a Taliban productions ' Jihad ke raja kaboom ke rani " or something

Best of lucK.

Send a torrent link when they release. Try getting some funding instead of chest thumping on behalf of them in online.

Call it truthseer loosemotion pictures presents a Taliban productions ' Jihad ke raja kaboom ke rani " or something

Best of lucK.

Yeah, I don't support Taliban

Unlike some Indians who post on a forum (Obviously not this one) that directly funds Taliban, through Adverts as the owner of said site are actually related to TTP but the Indians don't care about that and use it as a platform to attack Pakistan.

Kamal was here in Fremont last weekend to launch the movie. All the theaters in Bay Area were houseful. Can't wait yo watch it.

Chennai: The ban on Kamal Haasan's 'Vishwaroopam' could very likely pull away other creators from going forward freely, says veteran Tamil filmmaker P. Bharathiraja.

"The problem Kamal is facing today is not just his own, but may very likely become a problem for all other creators of this country. This only proves that there is no unity between us," Bharathiraja said in a statement on Saturday.

The Tamil and Telugu versions of 'Vishwaroopam', which deals with the adversities of war, was scheduled to release on Friday, but the Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday imposed curbs on it, following protests from Muslim groups.

"At this juncture, Kamal needs our support and wants us to help him fight for justice. We should lend a helping hand," added Bharathiraja, who was one among the few to have watched the film even before its release in a private screening.

"It is sad to see such kind of reaction from a small section of the people. I've watched the film and I know for a fact that Kamal has made a Tamil film on par with Hollywood standards. We should celebrate such a rare feat than opposing it," added the 71-year-old.

'Vishwaroopam' was banned by the state government for two weeks when around 25 Muslim organisations objected to the film on the ground that it portrays the community in bad light.

A day later, the Madras High Court restricted the film's release till January 28. The final decision is still awaited.

Following the ban, actors such as Rajinikanth and Ajith Kumar opposed the ban against the film and urged Muslim outfits to allow peaceful release of the film.

On Friday, superstar Rajinikanth said: "Kamal and I have been friends for over 40 years and I know personally for a fact that he wouldn't hurt the sentiments of anybody let alone Muslims."

Rajinikanth made the above statement after Haasan screened the film few days back for some members from the Muslim organisations.

Ajith, in favour of the movie's release, said, "Don't we respect the words secularism and democracy anymore or these words have merely become adjectives for our nation?"

'Vishwaroopam', in Tamil and Telugu was scheduled to release on Friday, but was only released in Kerala and a few parts of Hyderabad.

The film, which also features Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah, Rahul Bose, Shekhar Kapur and Jaideep Ahlawat, was also banned in Andhra Pradesh on Friday by the state government.

Its Hindi version 'Vishwaroop' is slated to release on February 1.

Rajini in support of Kamal's 'Vishwaroopam'

Back
Top Bottom