What's new

WikiLeaks: Sonia wanted to ban Bajrang Dal

Some guys here think that being a Christian means we are loyal to Rome and Vatican only :disagree:

These people do not know that, many Christians here in India do not agree with the Vatican power over them and their own heads here in India..

Considering these guys, those Taliban supporting Pakistanis are much better to deal with..

It would indeed be healthier for Indians to not associate with religious organizations controlled from abroad.

It is similar to how one would view Wahhabi Madrassas controlled and funded by Saudis.

I would attribute such activities to pentecostal churches than catholics.

Well,thats true:tup:

Typically, the notion is that Vatican and Catholic but it will change in the future. I am certain behind closed doors, there is a secret arrangment. It comes down to control. I hope one da, ppl see thru the BS and acknowledge Buddhism with Early Hinduism is a religion that is built for modern thinking and times.

Check this out:
http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/reviews/detail/articolo/pentecostali-11966/

It would indeed be healthier for Indians to not associate with religious organizations controlled from abroad.

It is similar to how one would view Wahhabi Madrassas controlled and funded by Saudis.

Agreed. Other nations have seen this as an Achilles Heel and will exploit it to divide Indians. This game has been played before but continues to be played silently in the Corporate world pitting Indians against Indians...

Orthodox, Jacobite, CSI, Marthoma etc were never being under Vatican directly or indirectly. Orthodox and Marthomite head quarters are here in Kerala.. One in Kottayam and other in Thiruvalla..

http://laudochristum.blogspot.com/2008/11/mar-thoma-catholics-in-india-ignored-by.html

Yeah, but they are not as Independent you one may think. They still obey the Vatican's orders.

Chekc this out....even Marthomas engage in Missionary work. Even though there are many different Churches, they still meet and discuss their futures:

http://marthoma.in/bishops/His Grace The Valiya Metropolitan

Well none of the Christian organisations are training people or collecting weapons to kill people or to start a religious war here in India.. Some people are making big issues out of the conversions.. Seriously, look at the percentage of Christians here in India.. Do you find it alarmingly growing??

I think the RAW and IB and the local police stations should monitor all the sermons and activities given by foreign funded organisations...

they should depute one person secretly or openly in all such places to monitor the speeches and the material distributed to people.

if they find such materials to be filled with hatred against other religions then those whould be booked and imprisioned... and the publishers of those materials should also be jailed.

If anyone is found taking money from foreign institutions for conversions, they should be immediately jailed for 10 years. Such people are a shame for India.

Orthodox, Jacobite, CSI, Marthoma etc were never being under Vatican directly or indirectly. Orthodox and Marthomite head quarters are here in Kerala.. One in Kottayam and other in Thiruvalla..

well,according to history,every one of Kerala's syrian christians were under vatican from AD 1554-1653

I just want to say that doing favor to human in the name of religion is not sane. Be it Missionary or whatever. Bajrangdal accumulates some unemployed youngsters to create havoc and that is also not good.

Both are bad on their part.

Typically, the notion is that Vatican and Catholic but it will change in the future. I am certain behind closed doors, there is a secret arrangment. It comes down to control. I hope one da, ppl see thru the BS and acknowledge Buddhism with Early Hinduism is a religion that is built for modern thinking and times.

Check this out:
Will we all become Pentecostals? - Vatican Insider
What does this mean??

The Love of the Beautiful: Mar Thoma Catholics in India ignored by Curia

Yeah, but they are not as Independent you one may think. They still obey the Vatican's orders.

Article is about syrian catholics(syro malabar denomination)which is the catholic faction in Kerala's syrian christian community.:blah:

Chekc this out....even Marthomas engage in Missionary work. Even though there are many different Churches, they still meet and discuss their futures: Bishops | Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar
[/QUOTE]
Even non Christians were invited to second Vatican council,It was a sort of a synod and it was not a meeting to discuss future of the church.

Well none of the Christian organisations are training people or collecting weapons to kill people or to start a religious war here in India.. Some people are making big issues out of the conversions.. Seriously, look at the percentage of Christians here in India.. Do you find it alarmingly growing??

This is not excuse for their acts of portraying Hindu gods as Demons and Spirits. They cannot insult Hindus and demonise them. They also cannot brainwash innocent people by performing fake healings. Such people do not deserve to be in India or being called Indians.

This is all ridiculous. I dont know why or how acts of such organisations are being tolerated in India. If I was the CM in my state all such missionaries would have packed their bags and not one would dare to distribute one book with inflammatory materials.

This is not excuse for their acts of portraying Hindu gods as Demons and Spirits. They cannot insult Hindus and demonise them. They also cannot brainwash innocent people by performing fake healings. Such people do not deserve to be in India or being called Indians.

This is all ridiculous. I dont know why or how acts of such organisations are being tolerated in India. If I was the CM in my state all such missionaries would have packed their bags and not one would dare to distribute one book with inflammatory materials.
please dont club acts of odd protestant churches with missionaries,they often do this here in kerala too.

Sometimes the methods are subtle, sometimes they are blatant, but the foreign leadership invariably has a hostile agenda.

See this very interesting talk about World Vision by the scholar Iain Buchanan -

Iain Buchanan - The Role of Evangelicals in U.S. Imperialism on Vimeo

Another great resource is the meticulously researched book "Breaking India" by Rajiv Malhotra.

And this is why one should always read original sources, wherever possible, instead of a reporter's colored take. Go to the original wikileaks cable (link provided on the page), and see if it says anywhere that Sonia gandhi wanted to ban Bajrang Dal. What the cable does say about Sonia, is this:

Look, Sonia gandhi is a politician, and an astute one at that. Politicians are not idiots, they play with logic to determine what would get them votes. Why would Sonia do something suicidally stupid like banning the Bajrang Dal, and give ammo to the opposition to charge the congress with all sorts of denunciations, like curtailing religious freedom, hurting the sentiments of a religion, intimidating political opposition, etc etc?

She will NOT want to do something like that, even if everybody in the security establishment urged her to. That would be politically stupid. In fact, if you read the original cable, the comment by the US diplomat on the cable says precisely that. He calls the BD "thuggish", and bemoans Sonia's (congress') refusal to ban them as political expediency. So on the one hand, the US diplomats who wrote the cable are criticizing the congress party and SG for playing politics in not banning the BD, and others who read the document (which, by the way, is an internal US cable solely meant for their eyes, simply a communication between american diplomats on the Indian political scene) are up in arms against Sonia for "wanting" to ban the BD.

But none of this should matter, it is easy to come up with (and believe) a naieve headline like "Sonia wants to ban Bajrang dal, how dare she, how dare she".

Cable: 08CHENNAI330_a

(Another point to note is that these days, a small memo by an american embassy staff to another american embassy staff is supposed to be the authoritative, truthful voice about India's political scene. The politicians' own voices, or those of Indian commentators, are irrelevant. If it's there in wikileaks, that's where the truth is. Because you see, a note by an American consulate staff in the Chennai consulate trumps all that. In this case, it is not even his words, but a website's false interpretation of his words.)

Not concerned by the fact Sonia Catholic Gandhi wanted to ban BD, but what two of senior lieutenant of Sonia Gandhi said about Christian missionary. That they are busy converting people by force and abusing Hinduisim.

Not concerned by the fact Sonia Catholic Gandhi wanted to ban BD, but what two of senior lieutenant of Sonia Gandhi said about Christian missionary. That they are busy converting people by force and abusing Hinduisim.

You should read my post, which you quoted, again.

Until Hindus dismiss the caste system like Buddha stated, they will always be demonized and ridiculed by others. Not trying to offend you or anyone, but its used against India by others.

What does this mean??

Article is about syrian catholics(syro malabar denomination)which is the catholic faction in Kerala's syrian christian community.:blah:
Even non Christians were invited to second Vatican council,It was a sort of a synod and it was not a meeting to discuss future of the church.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, they all have only one agenda. To the public, they may seem fractured and and different but the end result is the same. Spread the word of God

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom