What's new

Why Wouldn’t I get Married?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quran trumps Hadith. Quran is the compilation by the sahabas of what the prophet was revealed by God. Lets exaust step 1 before we go to step 2. There is an ayah which contradicts the one I presented. Please find that and use that against me.

HADEETH 11. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: The woman who applies perfume and passes by men is an adulteress. (TIRMIZI).

Does this Hadeeth apply in todays world? Do you think women go around smelling bad in the off case they have to pass by any men?
Yes Sir this Hadees applies in this time also and completely do read whole Quran you will find several other ayats in which your own mind will it is saying different thing but in fact its not and Hadees are also revealed by GOD because the same Quran and has said HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW doesn't speak from himself what ever he speaks is from ALLAH

Yes Sir this Hadees applies in this time also and completely do read whole Quran you will find several other ayats in which your own mind will it is saying different thing but in fact its not and Hadees are also revealed by GOD because the same Quran and has said HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW doesn't speak from himself what ever he speaks is from ALLAH

Are you suggesting that Quran and Hadith are the same thing?

Who Should I Give Priority to In Inviting First?
Begin with yourself before your family members and anyone else, as has already preceded. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala said:
"O you who believe! Save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is men and stones over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded." (66:6)
Then, attend to your wife, before your neighbour and your companions, so that she can help you in bring up the children. Before you give da'wah to your cousins, give da'wah to your brother's children yet give da'wah to your cousins before giving da'wah to your companions - and carry on in this manner.
Why is preference to be given to your own children before, for example, your brother's children? Once you are under the earth's surface (i.e. in your grave), your children, your brother's children and your beloved ones will all feel great sorrow for your absence. But as days go by, forgetfulness has to affect them, except your children, for they will be praying to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala for you everyday, rather many times a day, rather, in many of their prostrations. You will still be receiving good deeds while you are in your grave - how?
The Messenger of Allah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam made it clear for us, when he sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "When a person dies, all of his actions discontinue, except three: a recurring charity, or knowledge that is being benefitted from, or a righteous man that prays for him." (Muslim, Kitab al-Wasiyyah, Engl. trans. vol.3, p.867, no. 4005; Abu Dawud, Kitab al-Wasaayaa, Eng trans. vol.2, p.812, no.2874; and others).
He sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "Verily the purest of what you eat is that which is of your own earning and indeed your children are from that which you have earned." (al Bukhari, at-Tareekh, at-Tirmidhi and others, Irwaa al-Ghaleel, no.1626).
Yet it is surprising to see some propogators of Islam, rather, many of them, unfortunately being very active with great strength in giving da'wah to the people, but their women and their children are in a condition that they themselves are not pleased with, so which of the people have more priority to be given attention, education and da'wah?
From A Man's Perfecting His Religion is Leaving Alone That Which Does Not Concern Him
It is imperative for us to build the levels of knowledge and action upon a firm, strong foundation, and that is the saying of the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, "From a man's perfecting his religion is his leaving alone that which does not concern him". (Ahmad in his Musnad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and others, Sharh Aqeedah at-Tahawiyah, no.268)
In Fayd ul Qadeer, the author writes, "It is understood from this that from a man's deficiency in his religion is his indulging in that which does not concern him. This includes everything of secondary importance, whichever form it may take. What should concern him is all that relates to the essentials of his livelihood, that which fulfills his need for sustenance, clothing, keeping himself chaste thereby, and the like thereof from the necessities of life, excluding those things relating to his own personal pleasures. He should be concerned with all that relates to his salvation in the Hereafter, that being Islaam, imaan, and ihsaan. In this way he stays safe from ruin, all forms of evil and from argumentation. This is part of perfecting his religion, firm establishment of his piety and keeping away from following his desirs. Whereas striving to accomplish other than this is loss of irreplaceable valuable time, in doing what he was not created for. So whoever worships his Lord, with realisation of his closeness to his Lord, and of his Lord's closeness to him, has perfected his religion, as has proceeded".
It is further stated in Fayd ul Qadeer, "Part of that which does not concern the worshipper is his learning fields of knowledge of lesser importance whilst leaving knowledge of greater importance, like the person who abandons knowledge which causes benefit to himself and engages himself in learning that which he could correct others with, like, for exmaple, the knowledge of how to debate, excusing himself for that saying, "My intention is to benefit the people." Yet if he was truthful, he would have busied himself with correcting himself and his heart, by removing bad characterisitcs, like jealousy, showing off, pride, haughtiness towards others and other destructive attributes. They say, "debating is equivalent to a quarter of Islam and other say: half of it, and some say: all of it".
Islam consists of acting as well as abstaining. By relinquishing all that does not concern him and leaving that which is of no importance to him and that which doesn't benefit him, a person perfects his religion. The only way this abandonment is accomplished is by having a full realization that, "From a man's perfecting his religion is his busying himself with that which concerns him", and what is of concern and importance to him is based upon levels and grades of importance, in beliefs, faith in the unseen and in hurrying to do good deeds mentioned in the Qur'an and Sunnah. By that he would have striven to act upon everything that he has been ordered with and would have abandoned everything prohibited. This is Islam and depending on how well these things are accomplished, determines the position of the worshipper with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and Allah knows best.
If we understand these two important principles, we are able to derive many other principles from them, and we would come to know that there is no way of recognising what "concerns us and what doesn't concern us", except through knowledge, which necessitates properly understanding the principle: "The more important takes precedence over that which is less important". From here we would move on to acting upon the principle of "determining the most important." In this way knowledge, speech and studies are purified so that the unimportant, the prohibited and the corrupted are removed, so all that is left being the beneficial pure things like remembrance of Allah, sunnah, fiqh...
In the same way had actions, characteristics and mannerisms are sifted out so that every attribute denounced in the Book and the Sunnah is removed and what remain are the beneficial worthy actions like reciting the Book of Allah, studying together the Sunnah of the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam enjoining the good, forbidding the evil...
This is the way the Muslim arranges and plans his affairs, portraying them in the form of everything good and beneficial whether it be intention, speech or action, avoiding everything detestable, hating that for himself as mentioned in the hadith, "Verily Allah the Mighty and Majestic, is Generous, He loves generosity and noble character and hates the despicable character". [From as-Silsilah as-Sahihah, no.1378. al Manawee says in Fayd al Qadeer: "This noble character is the manners and attributes ordained in the Religion, not those deemed noble in wordly affairs, for the elevated in them are in actual fact despised."]
From amongst the unfortunate things one hears is some people using this hadith as a proof to oppose those who encourage engaging in recommended actions. The reason being is that they understand the "despicable" things to include the recommended actions or the "superficialities" - as they claim. What I previously mentioned disproves them on the one hand. On the other hand we request these people to explain to us how something could be made recommended or made part of the Sunnah and be detestable and hated to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala at the same time?! The wording of the hadith is "and He hates the despicable manners", so is it possible that what has been considered recommended be of those things hated?!
What is the Effect of Giving Advice and Admonition
On the authority of Hakeem ibn Hizaam radiallaahu 'anhu who said, "I asked the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam (for charity), and he gave me. Again I asked and he gave me. Once again, I asked and he gave me, then he said, "O Hakeem! Verily this wealth is like a sweet fresh fruit, whoever takes it without greediness is blessed in it and whoever takes it with greediness is not blessed in it, just like the person that eats yet is never satisfied, and the upper hand is better than the lower hand". Hakeem added, "So I said, "O Messenger of Allah, by the One who sent you with the Truth I shall not accept anything from anybody after you until I leave this world". Later Abu Bakr radiallaahu 'anhu used to call Hakeem in order to give him his share of war booty but he would refuse. Also 'Umar would call him to give him his share but he would refuse to take anything from him. On that 'Umar said, "O Muslims! Verily I hold you as witnesses that I offered to Hakeem his share of the booty, but he refuses to take it". He never took anything from anybody after the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam until he died". (al Bukhari, Eng. trans. vol.2, p.320, hadith no.551).
Hakeem would ask from the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam and he would give to him - this happened three times, upon which the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam then directed him to contentment, self-respect and to refrain from begging. What was Hakeem's radiallaahu 'anhu reaction to that? He vowed by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala that he would never return to such a thing, and that he wouldn't take anything from anyone until he parted from the world.
He did not just listen to the exhortation, shake his head crying, having been affected by it and return the next day to what he was doing before, as if nothing had ever taken place. Instead he kept to his promise, during the lifetime of the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam and of Abu Bakr, who would call him in order to receive his due but he would refuse. In this manner he continued, until the Caliphate of 'Umar radiallaahu 'anhu who used to present to him his rightful share of the war booty, that which Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala had specified for him from above the seven heavens, but he would refuse, having been affected by the admonition of the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam. He remained in this condition until he passed away sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam.
The effect of this advice stayed with him until the final moments of his life. This is how we should act and should be, carrying into effect what we hear so that our condition and the condition of our ummah may change. Yet how sorrowful our condition is, as we have had an abundance of books, lectures, sermons and admonitions yet it is as if they are only for the purpose of learning culture and acquiring information, not to act upon or carry into effect. To Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is our complaint.
How beautiful and sweet this wealth is! But the love of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is more beautiful and the love of the Messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam is sweeter and more cherished. What was the price Hakeem paid for this love? It cost him a great amount. He has outlined for our Ummah lessons in patience, power of determination, firm will and acting upon knowledge.

Are you suggesting that Quran and Hadith are the same thing?
They are both form of Wahi Quran is Wahi e Matluq and Hadees Wahi Gair Matluq

10 Questions About Hadeeth in Islam
- Yusuf Estes

I receive a lot of mail questioning the authenticity of Islam from people who are not Muslims or even are trying to attack Islam. Considering the events of these times, this is to be expected. However, it is not often that I receive mail from a Muslim who apparently is making attacks against some of the principle tenants of Islam. The follow questions came in the form of an email from someone claiming to be a Muslim, yet they did not know much about Islam, while claiming to follow the Quran - but not the teachings of Muhammad, peace be upon him. Some of the questions were obviously from someone who had learned at least something about Islam, yet other questions showed a serious lack of reasoning because the questions contradicted other questions. I felt it was important to answer all of these questions with respect and then preserve them for future times for the benefit of others who may encounter the same types of claims against one of the basic tenants of Islam: HADEETH

I have arranged the questions according to logical sequence and have used black type for the questions and brown type for the answers. There were more than ten questions when I divided them into specific topics, so I still call it "Ten Questions About Hadeeth" but there will be a few "bonuses" at the end.

------------------
1. First question:

- My dilemma is with the additional sources called the Hadith, and the Ahadith. This is confusing.

Dilemma? Over whether the word is Hadith or Ahadith? That's no problem. This is the Arabic language. Unlike English that just puts an "s" after a noun, Arabic uses the structure of the word itself to indicate when it is plural and even provides for different types of plurals to distinguish whether someone is referring to one, two or three or more. A Hadith is one, while Ahadith means more than one.
--------- hadeeth means one, Ahadeeth means plural ----------
These represent the second source for the Muslim faith and most Muslims place them with equal reverence to the Quran.
Allah places them alongside the Quran and Muslim SCHOLARS from the generations immediately following the Blessed Prophet, peace be upon him, have preserved and explained them to us.
------------------
2. Second Question:

- I follow the Quran because for me it is the scripture of my religion with proven authenticity -proven by both its preservation process and also its self proclamations found in certain Suras.

The Quran specifically orders us to follow the hadeeths. Therefore, if we claim to follow the Quran, we also must follow the hadeeth.
Examples:

"And whoever obeys Allah and His mesenger, he has indeed achieved a great achievement (being saved from the Hell Fire and made to enter the Paradise)." [Quran 33:71]

"And whoever obeys Allah and His messenger will be admitted to Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to live therein forever, and that will be a great success." [Quran 4:13]

"And whoever obeys Allah and His messenger, fears Allah and keeps his duty (to Him), such are the successful ones." [Quran 24:52]

"And whoever obeys Allah and His messenger, He will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow (Paradise); and whoever turns back, He will punish him with a painful torment." [Quran 48:17]

"Say, (meaning for Muhammad, peace be upon him, to speak to the people) "If you truly love Allah, then follow me. Then only will Allah love you and forgive your sins. He is the Forgiver the Merciful." [Quran 3:31]

Here is one verse in the Quran that leaves no doubt about the validity of knowing what Muhammad, peace be upon him, has ordered to do and the importance of doing it. This is in [surah Al-Mujadilah 58:8]
"Have you not seen those who were forbidden to hold secret coucels, and afterwards returned to that which they had been forbidden (to do by the messenger Muhammad, peace be upon him), and conspired together for sin and wrong doing and disobedience to the messenger (Muhammad, peace be upon him)." - He promises them Hell, burning therein and worse indeed is that destination. [Quran 58:8]

O you who believe! Obey Allah and OBEY THE MESSENGER (Muhammad SAW), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger (SAW), if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination. [Quran 4:59]

Say: "Obey Allah and OBEY THE MESSENGER, but if you turn away, he (Messenger Muhammad SAW) is only responsible for the duty placed on him (i.e. to convey Allah's Message) and you for that placed on you. If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)." [Quran 24:54]

O you who believe! Obey Allah, and OBEY THE MESSENGER (Muhammad SAW) and render not vain your deeds. [Quran 47:33]

Obey Allah, and OBEY THE MESSENGER (Muhammad SAW), but if you turn away, then the duty of Our Messenger is only to convey (the Message) clearly. [Quran 64:12]

Now pay very close attention to the next two verses, as they do not refer to obeying Allah - only obeying the messenger - clearly proving to anyone that Muhammad, peace be upon him is to be obeyed and it is the same as obeying Allah.
He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), has indeed OBEYED ALLAH, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as a watcher over them. [Quran 4:80]

And perform As*Salat (Iqamat*as*Salat), and give Zakat and OBEY THE MESSENGER (Muhammad SAW) that you may receive mercy (from Allah). [Quran 24:56]

There can be no doubt that if the Quran is to be preserved (and Allah has promised to do so until the sun rises in the West), then the teachings of the messenger of Allah must also be preserved as well. Therefore, the Quran has clearly indicated we must know about the hadeeth and obey the teachings contained therein, or else suffer the consequences.

To obtain a free Quran online with the search capacity that I used to locate these verses, visit our site and download it:

ShareIslam - Order Pages

(please read entire work for the part regarding the hadeeths -- this could take a few days by the way)

------------------
Third question:

-If I apply the same thought processes to verify these then I am presented with the following difficulties (coming up in the next questions)

If you apply YOUR thought processes to verify these, then you are saying that you are a scholar of Islam and that is very heavy. I personally, am only a student of knowledge and would never begin to "apply my thought process" to what Allah has clearly stated in anyway other than the way that His Messenger clarified it. This can be a major source of misguidance and cause a person to go way off on the deep end..

------------------
Fourth question:

- Mohammed (pbuh) was said to have prevented people from writing his own utterances lest they be confused with Quranic revelation.

[Note: It is interesting to note the person is quoting from our prophet, peace be upon him, yet you don't want anyone else to quote from him. How can you use this for a proof and then turn around and deny it at the same time?]
Whatever Muhammad, peace be upon him, said or did is recorded and it is called a "hadeeth" as mentioned above. As regards your misquote of the hadeeth, he did instruct some of this companions not to write anything down during his lifetime so that it would not be misunderstood by those to be something from the Quran and might mix the Quran with hadeeth. But did you know that was only to certain people, while at the same time there were several who did continue to write down (with his approval) what he said and did? Also that Abu Bakr, radiallaho anho, tore up many of those when he heard the hadeeth of the prophet saying that if anyone were to attribute to him something that he did not say, that person could then reserve his (or her) seat in the Fire of Hell?

And people of those times had tremendous memories and they did preserve the Quran completely in their hearts as well as many hadeeth. These were memorized and passed down right alongside the Quran by trusty narrators.

------------------
Fifth question:

- They were not compiled until almost two centuries after the Mohammed (pbuh) died.

This is not a true statement. As regards your reference to 200 years afterward... I don't know what you are reading but it is baseless (and as we will see in question #9 this person contradicts himself by claiming that Ali did compile hadeeth at the time of the prophet, peace be upon him).

During His Lifetime, as I have already mentioned, there were some who did write down things during his time. Consider Musab bin Umayr, may Allah be pleased with him, who had written down the names of all of the munafiqun (hyocrites).

Here is a list of the first leaders of Islam (khalifs), who were actual close companions of Muhammad, peace be upon him, and some important information they have provided us with.

1st Khalif After Him (Abu Bakr)
At the time of the first khalifah, Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with him, he ordered the Quran to be complied in book form and this was recorded that he did so.
2nd Khalif ('Umar)
Two and half years later, 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, was the Khalifah after the death of Abu Bakr. It is also recorded what he said about what the prophet, peace be upon him, said. All of this was memorized and written down.
3rd Khalif ('Uthman)
After the death of 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, 'Uthman bin Afan, may Allah be pleased with him, became the next khalifah. It is well established that he ordered any copies of Quran to be brought to him and then after comparing what had been memorzied by all the companions, had it written down in one form and destroyed all others. He also established the second adhan for Jummah salat. All of this was written and memorized in detail by companions.
4th Khalif ('Ali)
Ali, was the last of the great leaders of Islam, may Allah be pleased with him. During his khalifate many things took place and a horrible battle occured between the Muslims themselves. Even so, they visit each other at night to compare hadeeths and verify what was said and done by the prophet, peace be upon him.

Scholars of Jurispurdence in Islam (Mathab)

Imam Abu Hanifa, Rahmatulah Alayhi
He was born less than 75 years after Hijrah date. That means the prophet, peace be upon him, had passed away lest than 60 years before that. Abu Hanifa, may Allah's mercy be with him, knew some of the companions of Muhammad, peace be upon him, personally and he took hadeeths from them. This qualifies him as a second generation of the followers of Muhammad (a tabi). He is one of the greatest and most respected of all scholars in Islam. Today hundreds of millions of Muslims follow the very same hadeeths which the Imam relied on to develop his understanding and teaching of Islam.

Imam Malik (Abu Abdullah)
Next came our beloved and highly respect scholar of Islam, Imam Malik, Rahmatulah Alayhi, (Imam of Medina, 85 years after prophet, peace be upon him). Imam Malik, Rahmatulah Alayhi, was a friend of Abu Hanifa, Rahmatulah Alayhi, and even traveled to him for discussions on many issues. He is known as a follower of a follower of a companion (tabi-tabiyeen) He wrote Al Muwatta, which is still available today in the same original form and it is based on correct hadeeth of the prophet, peace be upon him, and it includes references.

Imam Shafi (Abu Abdullah)
Then came the student of Imam Malik, Muhammad Ibn Idrees As-Shafi, Rahmatulah Alayhi, from Mecca (b. 150 A.H.). He was a very close friend and student of Imam Malik while in Madinah and Imam Malik sent him to learn from the students of Imam Abu Hanifa (His students names were; Abu Yusuf and Muhammad ibn Hassan). Imam Shafi, Rahmatulah Alayhi, also has a famous work in Islam which has been preserved and revered by scholars ever since his time.

Imam Hanbal (Abu Abdullah)
Another great scholar came during the lifetime of Imam Shafi, Rahmatulah Alayhi, from his own city of Mecca, named Abu Abdullah Ahmad bin Hanbal, Rahmatulah Alayhi. He was a student of Imam Shafi. His works were also based on the teachings (hadeeth) of the prophet, peace be upon him, and the school of Hanbali Fiqh is probably the best known in the Arab world today.
And there are many other scholars who knew the prophet, peace be upon him, and lived long after the prophet, peace be upon him, that passed on very correct hadeeths (Ibn 'Umar; Ibn Abbas; Ayesha; Ibn Mas'ood and others), May Allah be please with them all, ameen.

------------------
Sixth question:
- The hadeeths have many different narrators as sources. Different people have claimed they heard or saw things the same exact way as some other people. How would you explain that?.

If two or more people witness the same event and report on it, wouldn't that add strength to the authenticity? How is that a detraction in your mind? This should only increase your faith and lessen your doubts.

------------------
Seventh question:
- None of the narrators could have seen the prophet.

Again, this is not true. In fact this is a requirement for it to be a correct hadeeth. The original narrator must have these conditions:
1.) Been a Muslim at the time of the prophet, peace be upon him
2.) Saw the prophet, peace be upon him
3.) Been known for his/her memory
4.) Been known integrity & honesty and trustworthiness
5.) If they say that they "heard" or "he said" then they must have actually been there to hear it.
6.) died as a Muslim
------------------
Eighth question:
- A few hadith contradict the Quran.

This is not true. If a hadeeth appears to contradict the Quran, then it must be either incorrectly stated, quoted or misunderstood, or it is not a correct hadeeth. Each and every hadeeth must be considered on an individual basis. Should a hadeeth contradict the Quran then it would obviously be rejected. We request such "contradictory hadeeths" to be presented for observation rather than referring to "a few hadeeth" - name them next time and give some references, please.

------------------
Ninth question:
- Some hadeeth were selected whilst others were rejected for inferior line of transmission and possible political influences such as rivalries between early Muslim tribes.
This statement immediately indicates that someone is calling someone a liar. The Quran tells us whoever makes such a statement must bring proof of the other one having lied or been known to lie. And at the same time that person comes under the scrutiny of his/her own character and whether or not he/she has lied or been known to lie. Allah warns on this subject in Surah An-Nur (24) and in Surah Al-Hujjarat (49) and other places in the Holy Quran.

Additionally, the reference here in this question immediately negates an earlier statement that claims nothing was recorded until 200 years later. If the 'early tribes' after the prophet, peace be upon him, had the liars or fabricators, then the ahadeeths they mentioned were from their time. True or false?We are able to prove with this question, the person (or persons) offering these "questions" to you are just playing with you.
By the way, I'm from Texas and we know all about them "good 'ol boys" putting something over on the "city boys." So, pardner - Be careful, it looks to me like someone is trying to poison your drinking water, neighbor.
---------------------------

10. Tenth question:
- Why is something as important as the declaration of faith not found in the Quran, (The Quran does not say La-illaha-illalaha, "Muhammadan-Rasulullah") but only in the Hadith instead ?
IT IS IN THE QURAN. Allah the Almighty, does in fact bear witness in the Quran to the Shahadah. Someone is definitely playing with you. Example: read Quran 63:1; 10:90; 5:73; 3:62, etc.

We can see now the one sending the questions has not really spent much time reading the Quran, and most likely took the questions from some outside source or perhaps may not even be a Muslim.

This was sufficient for us to determine the letter was not really about "hadeeth" as much as it was an attempt to discredit something about Islam. And it served to prove the opposite of what it was trying to do, proved the authenticity of Islam, Quran and hadeeth.

------------------
Bonus - 11. Eleventh question:
- If the Ahadith are authentic than where does God say that He will guarantee to preserve them (this claim is only for the Quran)?
If Allah orders you to obey His messenger, peace be upon him, (which he did many times in the Quran) then how can we do that if we are not able to find any hadeeths?
------------------
Bonus - 12. Twelfth question:
- Why the hadith of the Shiite sect less valid than the hadith of Sunni sects?
Who said anything about "shiite" or "sunni"? This is not coming from our side, in fact this is something being used very often to try to divide the Muslims against themselves.

Authenticity of hadeeths in Islam are not based on the collectors, such as "Bukhari" or "Muslim," but rather they are based on the people mentioned in the chain of narrators. Again, if you were to say the followers of Ali, may Allah have mercy on him, collected hadeeths, that would be true.

As a matter of fact, there are hadeeths mentioned in Bukhari's and Muslim's collection naming Ali, may Allah have mercy on him, as the prime narrator. Many of the companions of the prophet, peace be upon him, were close to Ali and they did quote things from him. Many more were followers of Ali after the death of the prophet, and they were known as "tabee" or "companions of a companion (in this case, Ali, may Allah have mercy on him). This totally destroys the earlier concept mentioned in your questions regarding "200 years passing before the hadeeths were being collected.." How could you say Ali, may Allah have mercy on him, has quoted the prophet, peace be upon him, yet this is from the time of the prophet, peace be upon him?

(This sounds like someone pulling my leg)

As regards the comment of the authenticity, there is a book held up by the Shiites today called "Al Kafi" and it means "Sufficient" or "Enough For Us." While reading through some material from the Ayatollah Khomeni in a Shiite Mosque down in Mexico about 10 years ago, I came across the information that there are differences between different verisons at different time periods in the various copies of it, similar to the differences in the versions of the Bible. So, you might like to go ask them how they deal with this issue and ask them to produce their books and show you the origin of them.

Bonus - 13. Thirteenth Question:
- They glorify Mohammed (pbuh) only. The Quran tells us not to make any distinction between messengers.

------------------
Note: I saved this one for the last because of the size of the answer. These are not questions about hadeeth.
First of all, your question is not truthful. Neither the Quran nor the hadeeths "glorify Muhammad only." The Quran only "Glorifies" Allah. And the hadeeths confirm His Majesty and Honor. The reference to Muhammad, peace be upon him, and all the prophets, peace be upon them, for that matter are referred to as "servants," "messengers," and even "slaves" of Allah.

No true Muslim worships Muhammad or anyone else for that matter; only Allah. We say "peace be upon him" after Muhammad, peace be upon him, as well as the other prophets of Allah, but this does not indicate we are glorifying them at all.

We should look to the Quran to better understand this important aspect of how Muslims consider their prophets, peace be upon them all. If you have any doubt whatsoever, read the way Allah speaks about His messenger and how many times the name of "Muhammad", peace be upon him, appears in the Quran. You can use our website to check it out. Go to:

Islam Tomorrow Home Page
And then in the Word Search box, enter the word: Muhammad
You will find:

Searching for the word "Muhammad". The word appears in 4 verses.

3.144 Muhammad is no more than a messenger: many were the a messengers that passed away before him. Is it that if he died or were slain, will ye then turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah. But Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude.

33.40 Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

47.2 But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.

48.29 Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurát; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.

OK. Did you get the count? FOUR (4) times. And none of them glorifying Muhammad, rather they are glorifying Allah and making sure you understand that Muhammad, peace be upon him, is only a messenger. In many hadeeths, the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, referred to himself as a "slave" of Allah. That is far from "glorifying" him.

And Noah (peace be upon him), Searching for the word "Noah". The word appears in 47 verses.

Even Jonah (peace be upon him) is mentioned in good standing as a messenger of Allah, but again - not a "god."
Searching for the word "Jonah". The word appears in 4 verses. The same as prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

How about Abraham? (peace be upon him). He is the father of many messengers of Allah through both of his sons, Ismail (peace be upon him), and Isaac. Searching for the word "Abraham". The word appears in 69 verses. But Abraham (peace be upon him), was never called "god" or "son of god" or anything else that would indicate he was a diety of some kind.

And Moses?
Searching for the word "Moses". The word appears in 167 verses. Again, spoken of only in the best of terms, but not as a diety.

Adam? He is mentioned exactly 25 times in Quran. He is referred to as being created from the earth and Allah giving him life as a miracle, but again, still not a "god."

Jesus? Searching for the word "Jesus" (peace be upon him), we find the word exactly the same number of times as we find the word "Adam" (peace be upon him). The word appears in 25 verses. (28 if you count his 'kunyah' or name given as 'The Son of Mary') - Never as "son of a god."

How about the many wonderful hadeeths of all of the prophets, peace be upon all of them? "Jesus" is mentioned so many times that you can find time to count them all.

But if you would like to try here are a few:

A man does not stray. I see.

What happens to children born out of wedlock? Are they untouchables because they have no father?

You really want me to believe that you do not know how bastards are treated, even though it is not their fault?

Did you know that having multiple partners causes STD's? I am sure you did. Did you know what multiple partners means? Having 4-10 wives is known as multiple.

Did you know the prerequisite to STD is an effected partner? In an Islamic society, love is made only b/w married couples and they do not go after random 'one nighters'! And multiple wives mean multiple partners only for the man, not for the woman. The lesser the number of partners, the lesser the risk....unless ofcourse the partner is virgin (unmarried).

I feel that taking care of divorced women is a nobel thing to do, till they get married to someone they choose. You saying that they would be good to have as multiple wives does not actually bode well for the religion. They are not a burden on anyone unless they are practically useless other than sex and bearing children. If you think that cooking and cleaning are specific jobs you want the women of your family to do, then who am i to argue.

You are a very unrealistic person, very far away from reality! Have a look at the real world, have a look at women who actually need help, women who would do whatever they can to have a man protect them/their children and to provide for them, to love and respect them and so on.

Sorry I just passed over those constantly repeated copy pastes. Only put the address where you getting this from. Simple considered answers or go home.

I have missed a few pages .. probably because I am late .. but I do understand what you are trying to convey. You are explaining what Islam meant. not what is being practiced. As every society is broken down into good and bad people, we have to see the % of those that are actually following what is actually preached some 1400 years ago. The high birth rate that was required due to wars and other deaths due to illnesses as well as mens horniness were subdued by marrying more females who at the time were incapable of taking care of themselves. As time passed, we stand today in 2012.. where a poor guy can hardly dream of marrying more than one drama into his house of 5 children who were born by a case not much different than any western countries "out of wedlock". The west does it for entertainment purposes and here it is done for the lack of it. "Allah ki Dain hai" is definitely not the right answer. If these are the muslims you are trying to explain religion to than by all means be my guest. But if you want to talk to people that actually know the role of a female and what great things she can do other than cook and clean, then I will tell you stories that will blow your mind. Again .. those stories are by me and not Quran or Sunnah .. I will try to explain as best as I can taking all those 3 into account. Or I could become a mindless robot and keep repeating what I say over and over again like one of my other brothers.

People like you remind me of an episode of 'Friends' where Ross is trying to convince Phoebe about evolution and irritated, she tells him how once the brightest minds of the world thought the earth was flat and how the brightest minds of the earth once thought that the atom was the smallest particle. Every decade, every century would bring in more scientific advancements that is unknown to man today.

Even today, nobody can prove the concept of Jins or Angels or Devils through science, nobody can prove the existence of a soul. Humans will continue to conquer the world of science, a world that is governed by physical laws and time but do these laws/time/dimensions still exist for the Omnipotent? My belief says that Qur'an was sent to us to guide us through each period of time, regardless of our development in science.

Again, I must also remind you that we have evidence of existence of smarter, more advanced races before us and where are they now? Note, the Pyramids etc. My friend, the point is, everything can change except Divine laws and guidance.

The reason for the points above is to tell you what Muslim women are supposed to do, their primary responsibility is to their husbands, their houses and their children. Everything else is secondary. We can read up on the lives of the wives of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) especially Hazrat Ayesha (RA) and it will guide us what is expected of Muslim women. Else, we are all free to do what ever we want to do or preach and then we are all answerable on the day of judgement. But on that day, "I thought I was smarter and so I did that or preach that" would not suffice!

Sorry I just passed over those constantly repeated copy pastes. Only put the address where you getting this from. Simple considered answers or go home.
You don't want to red about Islam but want to comment on it I think you should go home read some books and than come and start commenting

Obviously not everyone or we would not be having this discussion. Your religion or any other, at best can claim to have a minority following in the total population of the world. Hardly everyone, then! I expect no direct change in religion itself but hopefully in the attitudes of the believers. Religion, any religion is the sum of its followers. If they does not evolve, they will be in conflict with those who have. True all those years back, true now.

I wasn't speaking of this life, what I meant was that everybody submits to Him, sooner or later, in this life or the next :). By the way, you have quite conveniently, and ignorantly I must add, added believers to minority where as believers far outweigh any non believers even today.

How about if the case was the other way around? An idiot got a devoted wife? Does she have to listen to his craziness? After all he will PREACH he is head!

I don't know but I believe Allah does not test anyone beyond his/her threshold unless he/she is being punished for something. That's my personal opinion.

This is becoming both pointless & a unnecessary display of cussedness. I'm careful with my words, maybe you should read them carefully too. You are now at risk of arguing for the sake of it. Evolution of medicine is a continuous, ongoing process. The medicines used today have changed from the ones used before, The procedures done today are not the same as those done 30 years ago let alone a much larger span of time. The equipment changes, everything changes.That is evolution. '

Btw, there are now many strains of bacteria which display penicillin resistance & that can only be handled by evolution. The bacteria has evolved & so must the treatment.

Yup things change, believers must too.

Then you can't say it has changed, you can stay that it has been refined over time. So has the religion. First human was Adam (AS) and then came his companion Eve (AS). They were taught basic religion and religion has been refined over time. There have been over 1,40,000 messengers of Allah and atleast 4 Prophets including Muhammad (PBUH), Jesus (ESSA AS), Moses (AS) and I cannot recall the 4th Prophet.

The difference b/w Prophets and messengers is that Prophets were blessed with holy books (Qur'am, Torah, Injeel). But the message, the religion was concluded with Muhammad (PBUH) and now it has no room for evolution. The only remaining thing is interpretation.

The same way your imiginary friend is. No mockery intended, but asking ANY questions is mockery and must be punished with death. For good reason too. Rules you see, imaginary friend given.

There is no imaginary friend and only a man can bring the message of God. Animals can neither be Gods nor can they bring forth any holy message. And asking questions is not punishable, mockery is. Any question with sincerity can be answered.

You don't want to red about Islam but want to comment on it I think you should go home read some books and than come and start commenting

I am not here to read your copy pastes. I am here to read your answers to those copy pastes. I have a computer, send me a link to where you are getting your information instead.

Quran trumps Hadith. Quran is the compilation by the sahabas of what the prophet was revealed by God. Lets exaust step 1 before we go to step 2. There is an ayah which contradicts the one I presented. Please find that and use that against me.

HADEETH 11. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: The woman who applies perfume and passes by men is an adulteress. (TIRMIZI).

Does this Hadeeth apply in todays world? Do you think women go around smelling bad in the off case they have to pass by any men?

I believe Hadith are extensions of Qur'an, they compliment and explain application of Qur'an. But we have to check the authenticity of the source of compiled Hadith. If the sentence above in indeed a Hadith, then there is also Hadith and Qur'anic verses (I beg Allah's mercy if I am mistaken) that a woman is encouraged to look better for her husband and perfume would be 1 of those things. Not only that, there was an incident with onions and how someone's mouth smelt bad after eating onions and something to that effect.

Most likely, that Hadith is meant for a woman who wears perfume to entice men......you do realize that "Acts are governed by Intentions".

I believe Hadith are extensions of Qur'an, they compliment and explain application of Qur'an. But we have to check the authenticity of the source of compiled Hadith. If the sentence above in indeed a Hadith, then there is also Hadith and Qur'anic verses (I beg Allah's mercy if I am mistaken) that a woman is encouraged to look better for her husband and perfume would be 1 of those things. Not only that, there was an incident with onions and how someone's mouth smelt bad after eating onions and something to that effect.

Most likely, that Hadith is meant for a woman who wears perfume to entice men......you do realize that "Acts are governed by Intentions".
Sir yes its for those women to but its for all women Islam doesn't wants to decrease Fitna and if women will walk by creating lot of sound of wearing perfumes their are high chances they will invite more eyes towards them

You really want me to believe that you do not know how bastards are treated, even though it is not their fault?

Bastards are looked fown by people with a narrow view of what human beings are. Most of the developed world is pretty accepting of bastards. Even the city you live in. Ask around some of your neighbours, I am sure what you say will make no sense to them. You can ask around your city if any stoning inceidents took place because of having a child out of wedlock. We would like the same exact world you live and enjoy with haing a small amount of population grumbling to have 1400 year old customs implemented. I would be fine with ignoring them once that happens.

Did you know the prerequisite to STD is an effected partner? In an Islamic society, love is made only b/w married couples and they do not go after random 'one nighters'! And multiple wives mean multiple partners only for the man, not for the woman. The lesser the number of partners, the lesser the risk....unless ofcourse the partner is virgin (unmarried).

Your STD information is incorrect to a point. STD's are SPREAD if one or more partners has them. and continues to have unprotected sex with others. If a man has more than one partner in this case another wife, the % of having stds is higher than having a single partner for the rest of their life. I do not see how that does not make medical sense. Unless and until you can prove that if the female having multiple partners is what CAUSES stds.

You are a very unrealistic person, very far away from reality! Have a look at the real world, have a look at women who actually need help, women who would do whatever they can to have a man protect them/their children and to provide for them, to love and respect them and so on.

The role of how each of the sexes shells are built to perform is clear with no arguments. In the city and country you live in they were allowed to choose whatever they wanted to do and they chose by a high margin to continue their previous duties. We can argue why they keep performing those tasks even after having vehicles and computers and will take a while to adapt to their new found security that they gained just 50-100 years ago. In either case they were given the choice and that is all we are asking to give them as well in the city and country I live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom