What's new

Why women join India's Maoist groups

That means their influence is far greater than I thought. Eliminating them would be even harder.

Yup! The Indian Government can kill as many Maoists as they want, but until the intellectual and socio-economic drive for such a movement is not addressed, it will raise it's head again. Thankfully, our Govts(both Central and State) have woken up to this. Social issues like Corruption, Rape, lack of sanitation and rights of the tribals are being given unprecedented attention nowadays. I am hopeful that a change for the better is happening on these fronts.

That may be true for the Maoism in China but your skyrocketing high IQ still know nothing about the problem in India. :wacko:

Mao is Chinese, but there are no Maoists in China :omghaha:
India has many ethnic groups and tribes, you govt failed to provide them with decent livelihood. You should be ashamed instead of criticizing China.

Last edited:
Unlike the Maoist, they constitute less than 1% of the population in those region. From a mathematician point of view, it is statistically insignificant.

What you mean by "unlike maoist they constitute less than 1%" ??

According to the Data released by Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) - India Maoist Assessment: 2013.. the current strength of CPI-Maoist People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA) is only 8,600 (Majority women and Children) {according to UCDP it's 6,500–9,500 fighters} ... In addition, there are 38,000 ‘jan (people’s) militia’, armed with rudimentary weapons, who provide logistical support to the People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA).... That is total 44600.... Regular members are estimated below 20000.... But take that figure 44600.... Then the percentage is 44600/1200000000*100= 0.00003%...

What you mean by "unlike maoist they constitute less than 1%" ??

According to the Data released by Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) - India Maoist Assessment: 2013.. the current strength of CPI-Maoist People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA) is only 8,600 (Majority women and Children) {according to UCDP it's 6,500–9,500 fighters} ... In addition, there are 38,000 ‘jan (people’s) militia’, armed with rudimentary weapons, who provide logistical support to the People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA).... That is total 44600.... Regular members are estimated below 20000.... But take that figure 44600.... Then the percentage is 44600/1200000000*100= 0.00003%...

1% of the respective province, not the entire country. :cheesy:

Mao was Chinese, but there are no Maoists in China :omghaha:
India has many ethnic groups and tribes, you govt failed to provide them with decent livelihood. You should be ashamed instead of criticizing China.

Before communist takeover a united China didn't exist for almost half a century. Thus it was easy for CCP to conquer fragmented China easily. So, how communism gave you decent lives through Great Leap forward and 4 Pests movement and by destruction of Chinese culture.

Before communist takeover a united China didn't exist for almost half a century. Thus it was easy for CCP to conquer fragmented China easily. So, how communism gave you decent lives through Great Leap forward and 4 Pests movement and by destruction of Chinese culture.

Really quick, China existed a monarchy since 220 BC. After 2000 years, monarchy ended in 1911 when a new republic was formed, CCP was just another a political party who took power from the Nationalists. China was always there. Get it? Good.

Now Don't derail this thread :offpost:

Really quick, China existed a monarchy since 220 BC. After 2000 years, monarchy ended in 1911 when a new republic was formed, CCP was just another a political party who took power from the Nationalists. China was always there. Get it? Good.

Now Don't derail this thread :offpost:

Are you denying the fact no united China existed during KMT's time, it saw unification by CCP under strong central government. :cheesy:

Are you denying the fact no united China existed during KMT's time, it saw unification by CCP under strong central government. :cheesy:

Read my post again.
I'm perplexed, what are you going on about? :offpost:

Government should give them the Great Leap Forward or a Cultural Revolution after all every commie dreams of it :coffee:

In fact, I don't like Maoist, it's India's own thing, I am also surprised that so many Non-governmental armed people in a country
they r around 600 districts with freedom movement and out of them 140 have taken arms. With Capitalism on rise in new Shiny India the gap b/w rich and poor will likely to increase more hence now they r just 140 but with in a decade there will be more and more.

I hope all these countries in India's claw will get their Independence soon.

That has a chance of about as happening as Amrita rao and bipasha basu and me having a threesome.

they r around 600 districts with freedom movement and out of them 140 have taken arms. With Capitalism on rise in new Shiny India the gap b/w rich and poor will likely to increase more hence now they r just 140 but with in a decade there will be more and more.

Except these freedom fighters are nothing more than criminal bands extorting people.

Within the next 5-10 years the Maoists will be reduced in strength.

These guys are as much of freedom fighters as the Taliban. Piggybacking on the tribal grievances to impose their vision unilaterally.

India can learn a lesson from pakistan. Never disenfranchise a minority, and have a spine in confronting thugs.

Oh and the Maoists use child soldiers. But then again People like you think child killers are shaheed.

Back
Top Bottom