What's new

Why was there never an Islamic invasion of Nepal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorkhaPride

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Nepal
To my knowledge there hasn't been any attempts by the Mughal Empire to attack Nepal, why is this?

Becauae you guys were very though, little nepalis but very though guys. Happy now? Personally i dont know any reason, but if Turkic islamic inavders didnt invade you then Nepal most have been pretty useless. Turkic invaders used to be pretty bad *** back in the day.

To my knowledge there hasn't been any attempts by the Mughal Empire to attack Nepal, why is this?

The same reason of why Mongol didnt attack Mughal Empire in Pakistan/india....................The wall made by Iskandar The Great in Himalayas Mountain was still there.............(Iskandar =Alexandre The Great/ I believe he is Monoteist since he stayed in Middle East (near or in Jerusalem) as well for quite some time). The wall was there....and Quran told it to Muslims

if some member's trolling is over,we now can discuss about it...right???

the part of "Never an Islamic Invasion" is not true.on 1345-46,Bengal's Sultan Shamsuddin Shah raided Nepal and plundered many of its temple and other sites.also,though their is no clear mention about it,but perhaps Nepal was a Vassal under Mughal Empire..there are several incidents recorded here...

The arts of Nepal II.: Painting. - Pratapaditya Pal - Google Books

on a lighter note.......

Nobody messes with Gurkhas on Mountain,not even British on their peak of power couldn't pull their mission against Nepal,what the puny islamists could do??? :azn: they're the best of the best on Mountain warfare,even now.

Nobody messes with Gurkha and their Kukri.....

images

The same reason of why Mongol didnt attack Mughal Empire in Pakistan/india....................The wall made by Iskandar The Great in Himalayas Mountain was still there.............(Iskandar =Alexandre The Great/ I believe he is Monoteist since he stayed in Middle East (near or in Jerusalem) as well for quite some time). The wall was there....and Quran told it to Muslims

Mughal Empire didn't exist back then.but Mongol did raid against other Islamist Empires which existed around 12-13 century...and they beaten those empires...

Mongol invasions of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MongolEmpire.jpg

Last edited:
An invasion of Nepal would not be worth it , they had many more alternatives to it like the Indian South , Areas East/west of India that would provide more resources and riches!!

Cavalry,the cornerstone of turco-mughal power was useless in the mountains of nepal.Neither could mughal artillery be hauled up there.So basically they were helpless in terms of power projection at that terrain.Mughal infantry was traditionally crap and would have been fodder for guerilla mountain nepalese gurkhas,even british redcoats with rifles and muskets had their work cut out for them.One more issue was logistics,mughals moved with huge baggage train-something u just can't afford in mountain warfare.Add to these that hearea wasmostly baren,so it was not at all a attractive option.

The wall made by Iskandar The Great in Himalayas Mountain was still there.
What is this wall?? Are you talking about the Great wall of China??

Alexandre The Great/ I believe he is Monoteist since he stayed in Middle East (near or in Jerusalem) as well for quite some time). The wall was there....and Quran told it to Muslims
Please tell us more about this..

There was probably no need to invade Nepal directly....

What is this wall?? Are you talking about the Great wall of China??

Please tell us more about this..

Nothing to tell. These are just wild projections and stories. Identification of Alexander with Zulqarnain is faulty in my view. The description rather fits Cyrus as observed by Maulana AbulKalam Azad.

Becauae you guys were very though, little nepalis but very though guys. Happy now? Personally i dont know any reason, but if Turkic islamic inavders didnt invade you then Nepal most have been pretty useless. Turkic invaders used to be pretty bad *** back in the day.

When you've admitted yourself that you don't know any reasons, why are you providing such half-baked reasons?

Buddy, looking at the thread title and your post makes me think that you are confusing Islamic invasion with Mughal Empire. Turkic invasions of South Asia started in late 10th century. By early 11th Century, Lahore was in firm control of Ghaznavids. In the next century, Ghaurid empire extended upto Bengal. Qutbuddin Aibak was the first rule of the so-called "Slave Dynasty". He is buried in Lahore. The Sultanate of Delhi continued under various dynasties (Slave, Khilji, Tughluq, Lodhi) til it was absorbed by Mughal empire.

Bakhtiar Khilji, the general who conquered Bengal with only a few soldiers planned a military campaign to Tibet. Doubtless, he must have passed through what is Nepal today. In the end, he barely made it back with a handful of soldiers, having lost his army in the mountains. Served him right, though. He was brave, but too bloodthirsty and reckless.

Who told you the Mongols never attacked India? In fact, India is the only country to have repulsed a Mongol attack. The Mongols had repeated attacked the Delhi sultanate between 1221 to 1327, and except for minor territorial gains, were largely kept out of the subcontinent.

And you don't seem to know anything about Nepal's gepgraphy. It's Terai region is flat plain and the rice bowl of the Nation, and yet even this belt was not captured by the Mughals or other Islamic kingdoms of the subcontinent.

ecology_map.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom