What's new

Why to support congress? My view

karan21

Reaction score
Well I have been on this website for along time and it is hard enough to find anyone who is a congress supporter. Modi is the big word now. But I have to make some points that why we should keep supprting congress even in 2014:

1. Scams

2009-2013. There were no big bang economic reforms as promised but only big bang scams. But if you think that these scams wouldn't have happened if BJP was there :lol: then you are an idiot. Scams and corruption is a big part of Indian culture and as they economy grows, grows the size of scams. Scams wont stop when we change the political party they will stop when we take hard steps and expose the culprits. And none of the congress or the Bjp will do that. That will be suicide for both.

3. policies
Some of the best policies that the congress has implemented during their time that can be foundation stone of new India are:

National manufacturing policy: yes this is being made a reality. Could make India the next Germany with a stable and strong manufacturing sector.
India Cabinet Approves National Manufacturing Policy - WSJ.com

National electronics policy: Again a great policy could make India the next producer of electronics.
National Policy on Electronics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sez policy of 2006: Accounts of 33% of Indian exports and and now the Nmizs will take over as the next big export centres.

DMIC and the concept of dedicated freight corridor: By far the most imp project of India right now. If implemented properly could make India the next South korea.

Aadhar scheme: well still in implementation phase, just relize the benefits if all the money and aid reaches where it should be. Another game changer.

These all the visionary policies that will show their impact on 1.4 billion people in a decade. It is going to be huge.

3. Indian foreign policy: I believe the Congress has always had better foreign policy than the BJP guys. But this is something that is my personal opinion and can be debatable.

4. Stop this gujarat Hype: People all over are talking about Gujarat and and its miracle by Modi. Its the 5th largest economy of India not even remotely close to Maharashtra in manufacturing and even in growth rates it is behind Delhi and Bihar. Its literacy rate and percapita income is not even in the top 5 of India. So help me point out the miracle of Gujarat. I never really understood it. :(

1) Scams--> No doubt BJP would have done same or may be same.But BJP have not been given enough chances but congress is.
and congress always proved itself as behind every mess of country almost.

2)Policies-->

One of their best policy is to invite bangladeshi in assam and changing its demography.
Sri lanka,Maldives and even nepal is out of control...

Fuel price hike,daily use commodities price hike..:no:

and what reforms you are talking? they are just trying to correct the blunders done by them.

3)I mentioned about the failure of their foreign policies above

4) then prove westerners who do praise gujrat..prove those wrong who are setting up factories in gujrat moving away from non bjp states.

Just commenting on the policies.. DON'T fracking give me that, they have this policy which WILL do this and that, and you yourself adding that IF with every line you are writing. I need a freaking examples of some Policy from their last a few decades of rule (even last 10 years), which really made any difference compare to many other developing world economies.

Congress Govt. proved to be biggest looser on the issue of corruption.Be it CWG or the latest Chopper scam that seem to blow Antony’s Dhoti out of control.Not that they are successful in doing so or fool the nation as they were doing since independence but the shamelessness in even playing out that ploy every time a scam is unearthed is quite commendable. I term this shameless because the acts and actions that define the UPA-II is nothing but scams and bigger acts of corruption in every front and yet rather being remorseful of their bad governance and loot, the clowns always stand in front of the cameras and vehemently deny any involvement of the party in any of the scams that our media houses are exposing on daily basis.The second ploy that Congress conveniently plays is the ignorance of the priminister of any of these messes.

It is rapidly turning out to be a humiliation to have such thugs in governance. It is even a bigger humiliation that it is we who in fact have elected such scoundrels to govern us. Out right rascals who fancy the idea of selling their own mothers and motherland for monetary gain are in decision making positions. How more embarrassing it can get? Such corrupt gutter bugs that we are having as our representatives in the parliament who care nothing for those they are representing. What bigger miscarriage of democracy can happen?

Congress Govt. proved to be biggest looser on the issue of corruption.Be it CWG or the latest Chopper scam that seem to blow Antony’s Dhoti out of control.Not that they are successful in doing so or fool the nation as they were doing since independence but the shamelessness in even playing out that ploy every time a scam is unearthed is quite commendable. I term this shameless because the acts and actions that define the UPA-II is nothing but scams and bigger acts of corruption in every front and yet rather being remorseful of their bad governance and loot, the clowns always stand in front of the cameras and vehemently deny any involvement of the party in any of the scams that our media houses are exposing on daily basis.The second ploy that Congress conveniently plays is the ignorance of the priminister of any of these messes.

It is rapidly turning out to be a humiliation to have such thugs in governance. It is even a bigger humiliation that it is we who in fact have elected such scoundrels to govern us. Out right rascals who fancy the idea of selling their own mothers and motherland for monetary gain are in decision making positions. How more embarrassing it can get? Such corrupt gutter bugs that we are having as our representatives in the parliament who care nothing for those they are representing. What bigger miscarriage of democracy can happen?

Media--sold out

Judiciary--Sold out

No tv channel talk for assam riots,bengal riots,84 riots..just 2002 riots?

and in end..

Shivani Malhotra too sold out :hitwall: ..thats biggest lose

Well I have been on this website for along time and it is hard enough to find anyone who is a congress supporter. Modi is the big word now. But I have to make some points that why we should keep supprting congress even in 2014:

1. Scams

2009-2013. There were no big bang economic reforms as promised but only big bang scams. But if you think that these scams wouldn't have happened if BJP was there :lol: then you are an idiot. Scams and corruption is a big part of Indian culture and as they economy grows, grows the size of scams. Scams wont stop when we change the political party they will stop when we take hard steps and expose the culprits. And none of the congress or the Bjp will do that. That will be suicide for both.

3. policies
Some of the best policies that the congress has implemented during their time that can be foundation stone of new India are:

National manufacturing policy: yes this is being made a reality. Could make India the next Germany with a stable and strong manufacturing sector.

National electronics policy: Again a great policy could make India the next producer of electronics.

Sez policy of 2006: Accounts of 33% of Indian exports and and now the Nmizs will take over as the next big export centres.

DMIC and the concept of dedicated freight corridor: By far the most imp project of India right now. If implemented properly could make India the next South korea.

Aadhar scheme: well still in implementation phase, just relize the benefits if all the money and aid reaches where it should be. Another game changer.

These all the visionary policies that will show their impact on 1.4 billion people in a decade. It is going to be huge.

3. Indian foreign policy: I believe the Congress has always had better foreign policy than the BJP guys. But this is something that is my personal opinion and can be debatable.

4. Stop this gujarat Hype: People all over are talking about Gujarat and and its miracle by Modi. Its the 5th largest economy of India not even remotely close to Maharashtra in manufacturing and even in growth rates it is behind Delhi and Bihar. Its literacy rate and percapita income is not even in the top 5 of India. So help me point out the miracle of Gujarat. I never really understood it. :(
1) So, you want to say that because UPA govt was full of scams it means even other parties are corrupt! Yes they may be but how can you be sure that bjp is as corrupt as cong without giving them a chance to rule, atleast the present situation cannot get any worse.
2) Yes policies started by UPA seem to be good on paper but have you checked their present status? Most of them are non starters like the DMIC. Massive coal blocks had been given away at throw away price to generate electricity during the UPA 1 regime, none of the powerplants have even started production. Coal from the fields are sold with huge profits. I can point to many others , and regargding policy implementation dont forget golden quatriangular project. When BJP lost elections in 2004 India was building 11 km road a day. Within 2 years the number came down to 4 kms a day. The mid day meal scheme, sarwa shiksha abhiyan and gram sadak yojna are examples of successful policies implemented by the NDA regime.And also the implementation of VAT was because of Jaswant Singh.
3) About gujrat one should first learn about the geography of the state. Gujrat has one of the least fertile lan in the country. 80 % of gujrat used to face severe water scarcity before modi took over. Apart from few natural gas and oil fields there are almost no natural resources found in gujrat. In maharashtra only the western part is developed. Naxalism is prevelant in eastern districts. Now if a state like gujrat against all advasaries develops like it has been doing for the last 10 years, then the credit should go to modi.

Lastly, lets give NDA another chance, after all ,the best chief ministers in india are from.NDA eg modi, raman singh, nitish kumar and the goan chief minister.

1. Scams

3. policies

Beleive me....I would love to vote for the Congress reluctantly when they stop the tamashaa that is happening since last 65 years.....Gandhi Familly....The moment congress makes another identity apart from Gandhi Familly and who knows later on it may turn out to be " Vadra Familly" as Mr Gandhi is not reddy to get married..So do you think we Indian are destined to be ruled by only Gandhi and later on Vadra familly..Forget about Modi...People are asking for Modi because there is not any strong alternate leader in BJP...If BJP can promote Raman Singh and Shivraj Chuhan then i feel they are better PM candidate too..

Media--sold out

Judiciary--Sold out

and in end..

How??????????

1. Scams

2009-2013. There were no big bang economic reforms as promised but only big bang scams. But if you think that these scams wouldn't have happened if BJP was there :lol: then you are an idiot.

How many scams were there in the NDA regime ? Just one coffin scam and that too was not by BJP. The total value in few crores and not in thousands of crores.

So wrong assumption.

2 policies

For how many years is Congress is going to do the same "could make", "would make". When will it actually "make" ?. Its already been 65 years and still no where.

Compare this with the NDA regime during which for the first time in Indian history, we showed a CAD surplus and the real growth took off. UPA I was just inheriting the economic legacy of the previous NDA regime and UPAII has completely squandered that too.

Here, read this,

Hugo Chavez’s ruinous eco philosophy has heirs in India | Firstpost

Nepal, Lanka and even Maldives are now out of indian influence. Some nice foreign policy that is. The much hyped relations with US were actually started by the previous NDA regime. And I personally loathe the Congis for their role in Lanka.

4. Stop this gujarat Hype: People all over are talking about Gujarat and and its miracle by
Modi. Its the 5th largest economy of India not even remotely close to Maharashtra in manufacturing and even in growth rates it is behind Delhi and Bihar. Its literacy rate and percapita income is not even in the top 5 of India. So help me point out the miracle of Gujarat. I never really understood it. :(

LOL Bihar is ahead of Gujarat because of its small base and Delhi is the national capital for God sakes. And Gujarat accounts for nearly 22% of all exports from India. So yes, the Gujarat growth story under Modi is certainly a fact.

This is from a anti-Modi guy from another forum. This is what he said about the Gujarat growth story,

I am from Gujarat.

My usual anti-Modi stance is only because of 2002. People like me face the question everyday whether its time to let it go. Many including myself haven't been able to come to a conclusion yet.

In an ideal case, I would go with AAP. But they are far away from anything close to a national party.

Having said that, apart from 2002, I have no reason not to support Modi. He may still have corrupt ministers or Adani or a massive PR campaign. But he has delivered. From 24*7 electricity to water to good roads to the innermost villages to peace to better management to good public transport services.

He has taken some good social steps like making co-education compulsory in all schools, encouraging sports in school through his programs, encouraging chess by organizing chess competitions, encouraging reading through literature campaigns, among others.

I am not a rabid Modi fanboy but he has given development. I have never been to Bihar so I am neutral about who would be better between Nitish Kumar and Modi.

Plus he has contributed to the growth in agriculture by making more than 1,00,000 check dams all over Gujarat and also covered the canals with solar panels thus improving the irrigation and generating solar energy in one go, implemented separate power lines for agriculture where farmers are assured of four hours free electricity everyday and also under his reign Gujarat was the most improved state in reducing malnutrition where even rich states like Maharashtra, Delhi lag behind Gujarat.

How??????????
Judiciary is only Institute I can trust. Even if its hands are tied in few cases.

@KS

You forgot the many lost golden opportunities. we could have pinned and use International Communities help to get terrorists from Pakistan, Pakistan over after OBL raid. The stupid Aman ki Asha. After WoT will be over, all sh!t will reappear.

1. Scams

UPA could not get any reforms through because of the lack of majority and the opposition, BJP will find itself in the same dilemma unless it wins with a decent majority/or enough allies to form a coalition.

BTW: what is the BJPs stand to free markets?

Media--sold out

Judiciary--Sold out

and in end..

The only people who are not sold out are supporters of Modi............................

Beleive me....I would love to vote for the Congress reluctantly when they stop the tamashaa that is happening since last 65 years.....Gandhi Familly....The moment congress makes another identity apart from Gandhi Familly and who knows later on it may turn out to be " Vadra Familly" as Mr Gandhi is not reddy to get married..So do you think we Indian are destined to be ruled by only Gandhi and later on Vadra familly..Forget about Modi...People are asking for Modi because there is not any strong alternate leader in BJP...If BJP can promote Raman Singh and Shivraj Chuhan then i feel they are better PM candidate too..
The poor guy Raman Singh has performed better for BJP in 2004 & 2009 general elections In Chatisgarh than Modi in Gujarat..............

Read this too...............
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/number-of-poor-in-gujarat-jumps-by-39.06--in-12-years/970191

Suppose UPA wins who will be PM................Rahul Gandhi................If so It will be disaster......They Guy never opens his mouth on National issues.......................He should not be an absentee from Lok Sabha..............

Back
Top Bottom